On 7/13/2021 at 10:30 AM, lee1980 said:

no room as such

As I also have no specific roome, I made this from plywood

800x556.jpg

I can move it around, anywhere I liek in house. Those are Treston drawer boxes.

@Jurss, I just love your mobile LEGO space! Now you just have to install retractable tables and put a foldable chair and it will be epic :)

The best ideas come when one is sitting on the toilet. This cabinet solves this too!!!1

Edited by Lipko

This is my "Mancave":

mQfr6F1.jpg

IWwO2gz.jpg

BqAdrba.jpg

4HbS8Fo.jpg

3SPzjFx.jpg

LpQBmsb.jpg

4bSre2v.jpg

And this stuff (Themepark and GBC) is waiting to be arrangend and displayed in the connecting old kitchen. But first I need to renovate the room and build some desks:

5SZA8KF.jpg

2 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

This is my "Mancave":

Very nice room! I planned on using similar shelves, but have not yet bought them. How do you keep the models dust free?

8 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

This is my "Mancave":

Nice, that is a lot of Lego……. and Music :thumbup:.

Edited by GerritvdG
Markup

Wow! That is over 2x the size of my entire living space including kitchen bathroom and bedroom! 
if I had that room with that much entertainment and Lego in it I would never leave. You sir, are living the dream! Nice work!

On 8/21/2021 at 2:46 AM, Frequenzberater said:

This is my "Mancave":

This is a great Lego room!   Not sure how the "F*#$ o#*" sign plays in the overall theme of the room but to each his own.  

15 hours ago, MinusAndy said:

Wow! That is over 2x the size of my entire living space including kitchen bathroom and bedroom! 
if I had that room with that much entertainment and Lego in it I would never leave. You sir, are living the dream! Nice work!

Like Andy that would be the size of my bedroom. Kitchen and bathroom. Yep I live in 15m square. Its compact. Lego is not really a option at the moment. Later in the year I might build a dedicated lego shed of 12m square. 

Unfortunately for work I'm living permanently away from home. So a tiny house in a log yard is home. 

Thanks for the nice comments!

The room is equipped like that since January and honestly, I never removed the dust from the models until today :D

But I am planning to buy some kind of compressor with an air gun in order to clean it every few months. 

On 8/23/2021 at 12:42 AM, brickless_kiwi said:

Like Andy that would be the size of my bedroom. Kitchen and bathroom. Yep I live in 15m square. Its compact. Lego is not really a option at the moment. Later in the year I might build a dedicated lego shed of 12m square. 

Unfortunately for work I'm living permanently away from home. So a tiny house in a log yard is home. 

I lived in a van for three years and did Lego for two of those. I used a spread bag to keep it all self contained. Now I use an old bureau. Workspace is the fold out part. I use the big drawers for components in stack pack boxes and keep a top drawer free for rummaging. I have racking to try to keep my stack packs in order when I’m “working” as well. It works as a nice compact self contained solution.

Workspace

19 hours ago, MinusAndy said:

I lived in a van for three years and did Lego for two of those. I used a spread bag to keep it all self contained. Now I use an old bureau. Workspace is the fold out part. I use the big drawers for components in stack pack boxes and keep a top drawer free for rummaging. I have racking to try to keep my stack packs in order when I’m “working” as well. It works as a nice compact self contained solution.

I love the haynes mannual for the A10.

My last logging truck had a 88" sleeper which was well organized and suprising enough could do lego and be comfortable. However it got written off. After a lot of research the new setup gives more flexibility and resale value. One of these days I might model it but with a k100 front end. The k200 is very curvy.

On 8/19/2021 at 6:57 AM, Jurss said:

As I also have no specific roome, I made this from plywood

I can move it around, anywhere I liek in house. Those are Treston drawer boxes.

Thats neat, I need something better to store a set during a build for sure! now we have had boiler replaced at home I have re-done my office/mancave and have more display space etc for lego now!

Edited by Milan
Do not quote images from the same page, please.

1280x960.jpg

This is pretty much all my Technic Lego in one photo. Enough to build 2-3 large models at the same time. In terms of panels for bodywork I only collect Red and Lime parts, but I have a lot of both, so I can build pretty much build any vehicle in either color. I'm always happy to disassemble and sort -- I find it very relaxing. :pir-sweet:

Here's my college dorm setup:

800x600.jpg

General use parts in the blue bins, lesser used Technic in the set of droors, electronics and large tires in the black/blue bins, empty grey transit cases for the blue bins, MOC on top of shelf, system in top desk droor, and small tires in middle desk droor.

It's perfectly workable for me; fortunately my collection is small. (I did have to leave most of my system at home, though.)

3 hours ago, Scoar Sonander said:

Is that a traxxas slash I see there?

Yep. I'm just borrowing it, but it's been a lot of fun!

Reading storage and sorting topics, I have noticed that many people said that they did not have enough room in their house or apartment for a LEGO room.
I had that issue, too, so I tried to make one room for myself in the basement, with building materials I had, and with a very low budget, and later to move it back to my apartment.

Since the topic I made contains over 60 photos and is basically a diary, I have made a new topic in the main forum, as I do not want to clog this topic.
This  will cover transformation from a dusty, wooden-walls, earth-floor cellar...previously used for old boxes and such...to a fully equipped LEGO room, complete with building brick walls, with a budget of a large LEGO set, everything covered with comments and photos! :sweet:

The journey went...

From this:
1.jpg

To this:
2.jpg

To this:
3.jpg

You can read the whole journey, ideas, troubles, life changing events and current-finished status here:

12 hours ago, Tazmancrash said:

Oh thats pretty. 

Over how long did that take?

I'd say over five minutes, but I'm not really the one to ask.

:wink:

15 hours ago, Tazmancrash said:

Oh thats pretty. 

Over how long did that take?

I believe it started in 2014 or so. Indeed nice. Gonna read the whole topic he linked. I want to make something like this, but smaller!

Here is a video of some of my parts collection:

Unfortunatley the stupid video editor was being stupid so I couldn't keep the footage of things like models, instructiton booklets, system parts, parts organized for CADA red supercar, lego electronics, etc

But I could, later if desired upload the whole unedited video, it has a lot of bits where I have to put the phone down for a few minutes, so the whole uncut video is over an hour and a half long but it does shhow abolutley everything  lego related that I own. (And I don't wanna waste all of that video footage  over a stupid piece of **** app when I spent another hour making a voice over version for my stupid phone to die on me #good-sofware-is-dead)

Here is the video:

Hope this is of interest :)

Regards, Snipe

Edited by SNIPE

My journey into creating a Lego room is the opposite of what's been shown so far. I started out with remodelling the top floor of the house into a nice hobby room. Only problem: I didn't have a hobby for it (yet).

irIEwr6.jpgTill around the age of 10, we (brother and I) had Lego and dad built along with us. Just the other day I was watching a video of BrickTsar opening a 45 yr. old Lego set of a truck. When he pulled the parts out of the box and showed them I went back in time. I could remember having had these sets and recognised the ancient parts, a strange experience.
Anyway, one day I saw a motorised set of FisherTechnik in the toy store and convinced my parents I would like to go for that, it was much more technical than the Lego I knew in those days (early 70's). We sold our Lego (huge mistake in hindsight) and bought FT. I spent all my pocket money on FT (which was expensive), joined the FT club and built all sorts of motorised trucks, cranes and construction vehicles. FT was more about MOC-ing as it didn't have model sets, just parts sets with instruction booklets for relatively simple models.

When I got older I switched to scale modelling, mostly 1:25 US trucks. The FT suddenly looked very stupid for scale modelling so it was stowed away. The last scale model I made at around the age of 20 was the 1:8 Pocher Volvo F12. I sold it a couple of months ago for a decent amount of money. I've had it in a large glass display for more than 30 yrs!

Well, the FT was sold a long time ago in the early days of online trading, along with all my other kids toys. I only have a couple of special (to me) scale models left that are now around 40 yrs. old. The last few decades I was into computers, starting in the era of the C64 up to the iMac. The one I'm typing this on is from 2010 and still going strong.

But now I've had it with computers as a hobby and wanted something to do where I could physically build something with my hands, just as when I was a kid. Right at about the time I finished my hobby room, Lego introduced the Bugatti and I decided to start with Lego Technic. So I build the Bugatti 100% according to the manual. Nice kit to have but you can only display it, it's useless otherwise so I recycled it.

My heart lies with construction vehicles and trucks so 42082 Big Red was next. During that build I already started improving on it and realised MOC-ing is much nicer. I did build and RC-ed the Arocs, finished the tractor of the Mack Anthem, just as the 42100 Liebherr (which I really liked).

Now I've gone all out on buying Star Wars, DC Batman and various other stuff for investment. Total parts count is over 62K now and counting. Most boxes stay sealed as I keep fiddling with the Technic sets.

BTW, the crane you seen on the right is my first 100% MOC, a Liebherr HS 895 Dragline/Crane in 1:30 scale, full BT controlled with all the 42100 motors.

Edited by LegoM4