@AkiyamaWataru

Great building space! And a great helper too!

Lxf the space has a downside. It takes about 15 minutes to build it. Putting it back takes the same amount of time.

Sooo... How often do you just happen to leave it on and not put it back? ;)

Never I have a 2 and a half year old son. Would be very bad to leave it open ;). And smal parts are a perfect toy for two cats aswell.

Edit: typo corrected

Edited by AkiyamaWataru

Lxf the space has a downside. It takes about 15 minutes to build it. Putting it back takes the same amount of time.

I have the same problem, my building room is also my bedroom and it is 6 square meters. My bed is a convertible sofa, so I need that space when going to sleep. While my collection is at low numbers it is okay,just clean up and move some boxes around. :)

Never I have a 2 and a half year old son. Would be very bad to leave it open ;). And smal parts are a perfect toy for two cats aswell.

Edit: typo corrected

I have to make sure my large container lids are put back on. Otherwise, the cat will use the container of LEGO as a litter box. Gotta love cats, occasionally I find LEGO soccer balls in my shoes if I leave out my GBC modules.

I don't have anything like you guys. I just have a cheap computer desk in the bedroom and all my spare parts are in jiffy bags dotted around every drawer I have. Spare parts in the wardrobe, under the bed, storage boxes etc.

I do know where everything is and the bags are sorted by part type and colour.

I envy you guys with dedicated Lego rooms. I cannot hope for such a room in the short or middle term. Game programming was a much better hobby in that regard. Maybe I should move back to that...

Off topic: Maybe we can join forces. I alternate between programming games and building LEGO :sweet:

On topic: Bought myself some new warehouse bins (discussion here), and I think I like 'em. Now I need to sort all my Technic parts which have been throwing in two big containers after disassembling the models. This might take a while :tongue:

And now my 'working place': I have 2 states:

You have a LEGO Tranformers room....nice :laugh::thumbup:

The transforming in an automated fashion would be nice :) Wo makes me a present of serveral Mindstorms Ev3 sets?

Hehe, sorry mate, currently dusting off my own EV3's :sweet:

So that's my small working space, in my small chamber.

27510328833_749047c0b6_b.jpg

I build in my school desk. All of my technic part are sorted in this. I got also some classic brick behind.

27510326243_1dbb09ffaa_b.jpg

It's pretty small compared to other but I found it enough for what I'm doing

Off topic: Maybe we can join forces. I alternate between programming games and building LEGO :sweet:

On topic: Bought myself some new warehouse bins (discussion here), and I think I like 'em. Now I need to sort all my Technic parts which have been throwing in two big containers after disassembling the models. This might take a while :tongue:

You have a LEGO Tranformers room....nice :laugh::thumbup:

I did not know you were a programmer, Jim, respect :laugh:

Time to make a "Show us your Programming Portfolio" thread.

Edited by Lipko

Sorry for the confusion...I'm a program...not a programmer...

1582030-clu_tron_jeff_bridges.jpg

:tongue:

Hehe, we need something like this.... I need a EV3.... But first the Raspberry Pi3 as a Bluetooth remote for an SBrick.

But it would be interresting to see who has an programming background. As I'm a Software Developer for C#/.net on the topic of automated testing :D

Hehe, we need something like this.... I need a EV3.... But first the Raspberry Pi3 as a Bluetooth remote for an SBrick.

But it would be interresting to see who has an programming background. As I'm a Software Developer for C#/.net on the topic of automated testing :D

Let's take this to the Technic Pub if you will :thumbup:

I have had some time to work with my new warehouse bins.

Pros: So far I really like 'em. I think I will be using them with satisfaction.

Cons: I discovered a really really large bin with unsorted parts and it takes a tremendous amount of time to sort them. Hard to estimate, but this bin probably contains around 15.000 parts :tongue:

Will post a pic when I'm done.

Cons: I discovered a really really large bin with unsorted parts and it takes a tremendous amount of time to sort them. Hard to estimate, but this bin probably contains around 15.000 parts :tongue:

So you will be lost for the next 2 weeks. Had a similar issue as i started building my setup. But only 5000 parts

Let's take this to the Technic Pub if you will :thumbup:

I have had some time to work with my new warehouse bins.

Pros: So far I really like 'em. I think I will be using them with satisfaction.

Wow! The largest amount of unsorted LEGO I remember having was between 7,000 - 8,000 parts. Your bin is double what I had to sort. Depending on the number of different part types that's a 12 to 15 hour sort job. Let us know how long that 15,000 parts bin took yo sort.

Andy D

No proper storage containers yet, but lots of space - this is a reclaimed home-school classroom (kids preferred to study in the kitchen, go figure). Still getting organized but I got some of the more important stuff out on the table :grin: . (Note the apparently mandatory treadmill off to the side, in case I need additional room to store my models). Display shelfs will be installed after some other carpentry projects. There is also room for an 4'x8' train table in the opposite corner, waiting for the Heavy Haul Train.

LEGOroom.jpg

ceiling.jpg

Edited by JGW3000

Oh, so many nice building places, while I still occupy half of kitchen table with my Lego... I hope it will change soon.

Off topic: Programming games? I can write music and making some graphics. And understand what game development really is. If someone will really joining the forces - put me in the list)

I always like the sorting process very much, for me it's very relaxing and satisfying to sort parts. Together with some music, I really enjoy the sorting and organizing.

But that's just me being me :tongue:

Wow! The largest amount of unsorted LEGO I remember having was between 7,000 - 8,000 parts. Your bin is double what I had to sort. Depending on the number of different part types that's a 12 to 15 hour sort job. Let us know how long that 15,000 parts bin took yo sort.

Andy D

Maybe it contains "only" 8000 parts, but I since it was filled to the brim, I figured it could contain 5 copies of the crane or Arocs.

You are probably right, around 10000.