3 hours ago, RussianGuy said:

@nerdsforprez what is that giant aircraft on the last photo?

1 hour ago, Samer said:

It is a mod of 42025 apparently. 

Close - actually heavily modeled after the C-27J Spartan.  Maintained all the functions of the original 42025 plus one for the rudder.  Nothing special.  Here is a video of it I made years ago.  Regrettable choice of music :blush:

1 hour ago, Sariel said:

Nice book you've got there at the bottom ;)

Yes!  Great eye.  And it will not stay there on the bottom.  When everything is done, I will have a nice shelf or something stylish for all my Lego books to sit on.  Need to buy the updated book.  Will do so once I have somewhere to put it. 

50 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

We have one area that contains two nooks. The left side is our Technic/Mindstorm, and the right side contains all of our system pieces with the top row dedicated for display.

Your set-up is awesome.  I hope to achieve something similar - just on a smaller scale.  Like your reclaimed wood desks, I will be using quite a bit of organic materials for my room. 

Hope you never have to move though - That would be tons of work!

On 8/27/2013 at 2:57 AM, OzBen said:

This thread motivated me to clean up my work space so I took a "before" and "after" photo LOL

messy_desk.jpg

clean_desk.jpg

Hey, can you give me a link for the small drawers on the bottom. The ones with colorful handles. I want to buy some for myself online.

On 6/22/2020 at 3:05 PM, nerdsforprez said:

To post a quick update.... we finally chose a home and close next week.  Finally I will have a Lego room soon. 

I am busy planning it and trying to come up with some ideas.  I am a big fan of acrylic display cases, and will likely purchase a few. I know this question could be posted under the "general" part of the forum but there is so little traffic there other posts I have made there just go nowhere. 

Has anyone purchased any display cases from idisplayit.com or thebrickcase.com on Etsy?  Are their products good/bad? Thoughts? Or if there are any other companies that folks have tried that provide acrylic display cases that are recommended I would love to hear about them.....

So I am going to answer my own question here.   I ordered these acrylic boxes from banggood and they are great.  One of the questions I had regarding such boxes is if they could also support the weight of other boxes is stacked.  I am happy to report they can, and then some.  I have stacked three here, and things have held up just fine.  I could stack more if I wanted.  

I built a cage around them out of industrial pipe for looks and additional support since this combination you see here will serve as legs for a large console table top I will fit it with once the other leg is complete.  These things rock... great buy at only around 80 bucks USD for each.  Lego room almost done.  Will be happy to see it complete and actually return to building but these little projects have served as a nice replacement 

20201208_211522

11 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

That's looking great, and a neat idea using them as table legs too! Good to see you're almost done with the room, hopefully you'll be done in time to be building again in the coming holidays.

3 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

That's looking great, and a neat idea using them as table legs too! Good to see you're almost done with the room, hopefully you'll be done in time to be building again in the coming holidays.

Thxs!  Yea.. I already started my first MOC in several years.  I couldn't help myself even though my building space is not yet complete.   It is amazing how things progress.... there are many pieces and techniques to acquaint myself with.  I am unfamiliar with many new pieces after 2017ish.  I just learned in building this new post-2017 MOC that the 1L wormgear is not simply the 2L cut in half (which I previously thought).  It has a completely different diameter!  

I love those acrylic cases with your pipework frame around them. The idea to use them stacked like that as the legs for your table is genius. I'm really looking forward to seeing your finished LEGO room.

13 hours ago, grum64 said:

I love those acrylic cases with your pipework frame around them. The idea to use them stacked like that as the legs for your table is genius. I'm really looking forward to seeing your finished LEGO room.

:thumbup:

This is my current storage setup:

50707459051_e32421c38d_z.jpg

I used to have a dedicated LEGO room, but I've since moved and lost my LEGO room.  The above is the solution I have for now, which works quite well.  I've been in the process of re-organizing, so I've got a bit more work to do.   I pull out a folding table whenever I want to build something.  I also have a closet that has 15 or so NISB sets (mostly modular buildings) and a large bin full of my childhood LEGO.  

The two drawers just have some other non-LEGO stuff.  Drawer on the left has camera gear, and drawer on the right has general office supplies.

Edited by dhc6twinotter

20210710_201158i

20210710_200935I2I

20210710_180210

20210710_180135

So I have posted before of the Lego room I was completing.  We purchased a new home a year ago, after a change in careers that actually allows me to stay in one place.  This allows me to actually have a Lego room, which leaves me quite thrilled.  Took a year to complete, not because there was so much work to do rather just so many other house renovations/new job stuff that just took so much of my time.  Anyways, thought I would share with video and a few stills.  Room has: 

- Plenty of storage, behind closet rooms which when shut makes the room more appealing

- Shelves are all custom.  Wood is mostly from South Korea (Korean Rosewood).  Cookie slice you see on the wall is black maple here in the states (US).  Shelf hardware was custom made by a shop on the West Coast. Made from rolled steel - tough as nails.  I can place any weight on them and not be afraid of too much weight. 

- Table is adjustable. Like you see in the video.  

- Adjustable arm is great for my tablet or instructions.  Being elevated allows for more building space.  

- Display lighting throughout

- The unique display table is something I designed.  Live edge slab is again Rosewood from S. Korea.  Engine block is from Ford Boss V8 Racing engine. I do not know the whole story, but the engine needed to be scrapped after blowing the engine in a race.  Makes for a great display table though!  Here is me finishing the live edge piece: 

20200816_070410

- Lamp I made myself.  I am both a road and mountain bike cyclist. Lamp was made with old pedals I actually wore out.  

Ready to enjoy this space.  I like to fill it with things that mean something to me which all adds to the building/creating experience for me.  I hope to now be able to build and create more. 

More stills are in the video and on my flickr page

Edited by nerdsforprez

Pure awesomeness!! Very well done.

Ah yes, one of the best topics on EB, just got better :classic: Great work!
On a side note, we do have a very similar topic, Show us your Working Place, primary for, well, showing your Lego rooms/working places.
Hard to choose which topic to use when you show both your Lego room and your sets/models collection :grin:

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Pure awesomeness!! Very well done.

Thxs Jim!

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

@nerdsforprez Very nice! I really like that engine block...

Yea... I like the story behind it as well.  Blown engine!

1 hour ago, Milan said:

Ah yes, one of the best topics on EB, just got better :classic: Great work!
On a side note, we do have a very similar topic, Show us your Working Place, primary for, well, showing your Lego rooms/working places.
Hard to choose which topic to use when you show both your Lego room and your sets/models collection :grin:

Oh shoot!  That actually would have been a better topic to post beneath especially given this is more about my space rather than collection.  In fact, I see that I posted some preliminary photos there of the WIP or at least of the table.  I guess I could post there as well... but I don't want to be redundant at this point.  

56 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Oh shoot!

I will move your post and the comments belonging to your post to the "Show us your working space" thread.

EDIT: Done :wink:
I have also slightly modified the names of these two topics, so new members can decide where to post their photos: sets and models (collections) in one topic, and Lego rooms here in this topic.

2 hours ago, Milan said:

I will move your post and the comments belonging to your post to the "Show us your working space" thread.

EDIT: Done :wink:
I have also slightly modified the names of these two topics, so new members can decide where to post their photos: sets and models (collections) in one topic, and Lego rooms here in this topic.

👍

16 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Engine block is from Ford Boss V8 Racing engine. I do not know the whole story, but the engine needed to be scrapped after blowing the engine in a race.  Makes for a great display table though!  

Is it Ford? Haven't seen a Ford block with a distributor at the back before, mostly GMs?

42 minutes ago, Bricktrain said:

Is it Ford? Haven't seen a Ford block with a distributor at the back before, mostly GMs?

GM small block. The dowel pins for the head give it away. 

@nerdsforprezThat looks awesome! Though those shelfes look very long, I wonder if they would warp in time.
On a second look, maybe it's just the photos and they are not that long.

7 hours ago, Bricktrain said:

7 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

GM small block. The dowel pins for the head give it away. 

Well, that is weird.  That was the story I got when I purchased it.  Which is funny because it was unsolicited, and I was already in the process of buying it when he told me that so it is not like he needed any special story to get the sale.  Also, it truly does have a chunk out of the side of one of the cylinder walls (deep in the cylinder) so I don't doubt this was from a blown engine.  Oh well, that you both for pointing that out.  

4 hours ago, Lipko said:

@nerdsforprezThat looks awesome! Though those shelfes look very long, I wonder if they would warp in time.
On a second look, maybe it's just the photos and they are not that long.

Thanks! Actually they are over two years old.  Survived the boat ride from Korea to the US (highly doubt climate controlled) and stayed in storage for a year (climate controlled).  I have since had them treated and now they have a new home in climate controlled room.  If they have not warped yet, they won't in the future   :sweet:

Looks very nice! 

Now you need small sets to go in each cylinder.

4 hours ago, weavil said:

Looks very nice! 

Now you need small sets to go in each cylinder.

Or a technic fig for each cylinder!

I have a small side table i pull out to build on, no room as such, houses here in UK are not huge well not for us.  I am lucky in that can have Lego and Technic on display in the extension we did a few years ago.  This is the cinema/play room also.

I have my lego (mainly technic) sorted in bins with lids, but it’s annoying. Every time I want to build I need to take almost all the lids of. Or I leave them off, but than the dust gets on the lego.

so I was thinking about buying these hbm ones ( the blue ones, in different sizes). Does anyone have any experience with these?

https://www.hbm-machines.com/producten/zoeken?txt=Hbm+ladenkast&sortOrderBy=&perPage=