Sorry for the bump, but I want to share my updated collection:

28316971777_ab6c17ccaa_c.jpg

I have fixed the shelves and secured them differently with brackets and toggle bolts (I think they are called that?). The Arocs never made it out and has been disassembles, and in its place is the 42070. The London Bus is new and 8880 has moved a little.

42468074354_2caeac025e_c.jpg

The roller coaster is awesome! Definitely my favorite set so far. the Mack Anthem is up there along with the diner. I rebuilt the old UCS Sandcrawler and won the police station from a raffle.

28316971997_0445440c85_c.jpg

The smaller sets are here. I have the Droid Developer Kit i got for $20 (sweet deal!) and 42077, 42065, and 42039 up there as well.

29314678538_a5bec2a3cc_z.jpg

These are my rarest production parts in my collection, and I have at least 2 or 3 of most of them. I look for them as much as possible!

-TechnicRCRacer

This is a bumpable topic :wink: 

I love the blue on the walls :thumbup: 

Here’s what I’m working with. I’ve got it all sorted in drawers. I tried cases, but it was much less efficient because you’ll need much more space on your desk.
800x600.jpg

Connectors, gears, pins, thin liftarms, panels and axles are all sorted by shape, with the exception of a few parts I don’t have enough of to fill a drawer. Liftarms are sorted by shape in these bigger drawers. That is also where I build. I have everything at hand and plenty of space for huge builds. 
800x600.jpg

And while I was taking pictures, thought I might as well showoff share my collection. I don’t think I’ve shared all of these here yet. Here's what I've been doing the last 3 years. 
800x600.jpg

From left to right: Set 8444.
Pagani Huayra by F. Hartley.
Koenigsegg One:1 by VKTechnic.
Chopped Hot Rod by Crowkillers.
In the back I have a car lift by Sheepo and Smart Fortwo by Artemy Zotov.
There’s also the remains of a Porsche in the drawers :grin: 

640x853.jpg

I was having a little issue with this picture because it's shot in portate mode, if I posted it in 600x800 resolution half the picture would be missing, if I posted the original it would be way too big. I decided to just downsize and link it, so click the picture if you want to have a better look. 
From top to bottom:
McLaren P1 by TheMatiss56
Ford Mustang by Sheepo

Lamborghini Aventador by Stefan Betula
Ultimatum GTR V10 by PvdB
Ferrari F40 by Jorgeopesi
Mercedes 300SL by Sheepo
Aston Martin DB11 by Jeroen Ottens
Land Rover Defender by Sheepo
There are also some small sets and mocs, not really worth mentioning.

On 7/3/2018 at 10:28 PM, Jim said:

This is a bumpable topic :wink: 

I love the blue on the walls :thumbup: 

Thanks! I like the color Dark Turquoise so the room is a similar color too!

On 7/3/2018 at 11:47 PM, Nebulaire said:

Like how every set is well placed. Hope that nothing will fall out.

Haha, too late. A shelf fell a while back, but most sets have been fixed.

@LvdH Wow, what an awesome collection! I sort my Technic by shape too (and I forgot to take a pic :look:)

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

Because i started this topic years ago, my update how my place is stil growing and here my update story.

last month i make extra building space in my office and it was already quit to small with the project now running. I have now 5 different building tables and use also the old space .
Here the old space and then the upgrade from 3 years ago to now. So i can now work at 5 projects at the same time.
For next year i planning to make a extra 80 square meters free at my office, to work on extra projects up till 14 meters long, when needed. Already i now need is bigger drawings systems. and the old drawings system is only for smal parts, but the bigger drawing systems are complete full and must have buy extra drawing meters. So my building cave is only growing.1f609.png?
So from old, newer, newest and the oldest space is the same till now, only the models are different.

9596341054_5f9b71108a_c.jpg121_2184 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

23295465122_6b3158a41a_c.jpg001 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

42817793064_8f868b9131_c.jpgIMG_7693 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

41726611490_eff6c237cf_c.jpgIMG_7688 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

43487483982_b128cd1f25_c.jpgIMG_7689 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

Super huge, I always assumed your office was in your home, but now I am not so sure.

8 hours ago, kieran said:

Super huge, I always assumed your office was in your home, but now I am not so sure.

We live above my company.

7 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

@Edwin Korstanje Are you making models full time now? 

Almost.

5 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Good workspace. Only what you need and no more.

Ha,ha  it's almost already to small. That's the reason to make extra 80 square meters free for next year.

It's not a working place.... but my wife ordered a new cupboard from Ikea...

After the 'build' we had a brick invasion studless style.

1280x720.jpg

Left Side is mostly mine! Right side is all my wifes lego :)

1280x720.jpg

Edited by AkiyamaWataru
Typo

An overview:

https://imgur.com/9YQNYtA

(any way to embed imgur images?)

I actually work at my desk, which is not pictured.  The main desk has my computer and monitors on it, but the return gets cleaned off for building things.  If I build a set, I usually take it to the living room and build it on the coffee table.

I really like this topic, but so far I had not shared my workspace here.

I store my Lego in the original boxes or if I don’t have the box in Really Useful Boxes (http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/boxdetails.php). They are pricey but excellent. Here is a picture of my Lego Technic storage.

600x800.jpg

This way of storing is not very practical. Say I want to rebuild the BWE which is at the bottom of the second pile. I will have to move everything. It is also not ideal for creating MOCs. I hope to redo this room one day and to install some shelves on the wall. This should facilitate access.

A number of sets are on display in the guest sleeping room.

600x800.jpg

As you can see I have a preference for displaying vintage Lego sets. 

When I start building I often sort bricks in a couple of Allit Europlus Flex 37 boxes. https://www.allit.de/fileadmin/allit_ag/pdf/slo_EuroPlus_Flex.pdf

I’m a big fan of these boxes because you can customise the inserts to your needs. Here is an example of set 42078 ready to be build again.

800x600.jpg

Here a close up with part of my Mindstorms NXT 2.0 set. You can take the inserts out which can be practical while building.

800x600.jpg

I build usually in the living room on the coffee table sitting on my knees. The blue yoga mat makes this more comfortable. I have finished building the Pimp up my Porsche and am currently building the 42082.

800x600.jpg

When we have visitors I hide everything under the coffee table. In our living room the only Technic model on display is the 852 helicopter. My second set as a child and an all-time classic!

Edited by WvG_853
Correction of Bricksafe URLs + typo

Soo it's been a while since I've posted anything, I've recently moved and haven't had a chance to build. Now I have a Lego room and I'm starting to organize and set it up. Some nice colour changing LEDs to top it off :wink: oh and I can't forget the 3D printer closet haha.

The new lego room set upThe new lego room set upThe new lego room set up

@TechnicRCRacer it's the Tevo tornado. It works well once it's set up properly but I've noticed now that Ive switched to an aluminum bed that I need to reconfigure the settings. The aluminum bed dissapates heat too quickly. 

@Aventador2004 No you're correct there are two of them, that's my project this evening is to tear them down. I got a second one a month after release for 300$ Cad I couldn't turn it down. 

Edited by DugaldIC

There seem to be a lot more university-age AFOLs on here than I thought, and it seems that moving parts back and forth is somewhat of an issue, so I thought I'd share my solution:

31255737717_cb2248d382_c.jpgTraveling Bricks - Mobile Collection by jwarner1718, on Flickr

I picked these toolboxes up at a local hardware store for roughly $20 apiece, and they're wonderful. Probably not suitable for larger stationary collections, but they make it much easier to take a reasonable amount of parts with me. They stack nicely so I can fit them fairly easily into a dorm closet.

45282485885_f1f7556559_c.jpgTraveling Bricks - Mobile Collection by jwarner1718, on Flickr 

There's a top and bottom section to hold both large and small parts. The individual compartments can be removed so I don't have to sit the entire box on my desk while I'm building. Usually they litter the floor all around my feet when I'm busiest.

46144362012_5024c2861f_c.jpgTraveling Bricks - Mobile Collection by jwarner1718, on Flickr

One more normal toolbox for larger parts. The CLAAS tires wouldn't fit in the other boxes at all, so I just put all my tires in here. PF parts and pneumatics, as well as flex axles and rotor blades.

Just thought I'd share how I'm making LEGO work with college, maybe it will help some people find solutions that let them build anywhere too.

Edited by jwarner

BrickGarage LEGO room tour ?

It's in russian, but you can try watch at browser with susbtitiles autotranalsted on the fly to any language!

Currently Locked down due to Covid 19 so for something to do to while the time away  I thought I would make a video tour of my Lego Room, sorry no commentary.

You have a lot of Lego pieces !

It is nice to see how organized you are.

But the video is a bit too much detailled for me. I would prefer to see the whole room with the sets and MOCS exposed in it.