17 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Come on! Really? Decool copied this too?

Yes, but from what I know only decool copied this, we can make this manually too but it would be too expensive around $150-200 

17 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Yes, but from what I know only decool copied this, we can make this manually too but it would be too expensive around $150-200 

8 hours ago, nike-stars said:

8 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Before mods tell you, no discussion about other copying brands.

Discussion over.

@TechnicRCRacer

@nike-stars

Guys, we don't discuss clone brands on EB. Check out our Guidelines (again).

16 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Discussion over.

You know better than that. You can politely tell other members site rules from time to time, but let's keep it friendly. Or use a report button. Thanks all.

15 minutes ago, Milan said:

@TechnicRCRacer

@nike-stars

You know better than that. You can politely tell other members site rules from time to time, but let's keep it friendly. Or use a report button. Thanks all.

Sorry, I will do better next time.

After years of building in the living room I finally have my own LEGO room in the basement!
Actually it is more of a Man Cave where I combine my three main hobbies: LEGO, Pinball and Home Cinema.

The place is 4,5 by 5,5 meters and for two third under the ground.
It is always really cool and quiet. Gives me the option to relax from busy family life!

OJdbpu2eabHghPjoLnpmMx4dO6gfVLtE8sWwILlI

py1Vxx_a-tbq-5FPGlDAkGM9_tmAhRjnDjamGn20

CObrTrcfDk-3CRoTGzjEMvzxtuZ2KsJGJtury2vJ

I mainly build Technic and have all my pieces stored in large containers stacked below the pinball machines.
Whenever I build a set or MOC from BI I sort all the pieces into IKEA cabinet trays. Pins and axles are placed in the cabinet drawers

8PQDQJGUJ9OPYHS55XOGXTpTMFVSwuTdaAAIoYbm

I am really happy with this workplace! And whenever I am tired of building I can put on a movie or play a game of pinball!

For more pictures visit this link: https://goo.gl/photos/DJuNM8BLm31kFVbp7

Screw the LEGO, can I come play pinball and watch movies?! :look:

That has to be THE perfect LEGO room/Man Cave.

35 minutes ago, Jim said:

Checking ferry prices.......:classic:

Edited by grum64

40 minutes ago, Jim said:

Who needs lego with that area of fun! Might as well put away the legos.

Here is my LEGO room:

20170702_192403.jpg

20170702_192410.jpg

I keep my parts sorted in plastic sandwich bags inside the big LEGO boxes. Took some time to get used to, but by now I can find any part eyes closed:sadnew:.

20170702_193859.jpg

On the shelves some sets still assembled (too lazy to take em apart:blush:). On the right side my little working space with current WIP MOC family car. The white POC version is also on the shelf, and some old iteration with frame for scaling (discarded that version long time ago, and again: too lazy to take it apart).

Edited by Rudivdk

@Theo van VroenhovenJust wow! I thought I had expensive hobbies. Your room. Is great, I hope you get lots of building done.

@RudivdkThat is some organizational system you have there.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

6 hours ago, Andy D said:

@RudivdkThat is some organizational system you have there.

Some day I hope to build a custom drawer system to fit under my desk. If I could just leave the bricks alone for awhile...:blush:

Hi guys, can someone post a couple of links, where to get storage drawers or whatever they are called, that can be combined together in differtent sizes? They should also ship to the netherlands.

Looking for a system to use in my new lego room.

1 hour ago, Kim72 said:

Hi guys, can someone post a couple of links, where to get storage drawers or whatever they are called, that can be combined together in differtent sizes? They should also ship to the netherlands.

I'm a big fan (and user) of the Allit Varioplus Basic series of drawers. However, the shop I used to buy them at is closed. One day it just vanished from the internet. It's a shame really. They had great prices, almost the whole Allit catalogue in stock and shipped to the Netherlands. Now I can't really find a good source for these things anymore for a good price aside from the Hornbach in Germany. Luckily I have pretty much enough now (or at least, I don't have room for more).

3 hours ago, Kim72 said:

I prefer this kind of storage system with "open" containers. You can decide to remove the transparent acryl covers to be able to pick parts directly from the drawers. I personally dislike storage systems where each drawer must be opened before picking parts.

595a57b97612a_819V0DUbttL._AC_UL160_SR160160_.jpg.c2f2d50b0b4b16fae3eeca539006dd4c.jpg595a57cd19707_814s0y2easL._AC_UL160_SR160160_.jpg.148931391c63bcb9bfb4806448ed40ec.jpg595a57bd5add4_813NTfWcOZL._AC_UL160_SR160160_.jpg.e96d371bbb12af496b8d5618d878f20a.jpg595a57bfa33a3_816vUUFV9NL._AC_UL160_SR160160_.jpg.024889ecb79eef438ec34e37fa64c1b1.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TAYG-309007-Tayg-Shelf-9-Drawer/dp/B006FEW1TI

Edited by drakmin
added better images :)

1 hour ago, drakmin said:

I prefer this kind of storage system with "open" containers. You can decide to remove the transparent acryl covers to be able to pick parts directly from the drawers. I personally dislike storage systems where each drawer must be opened before picking parts.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TAYG-309007-Tayg-Shelf-9-Drawer/dp/B006FEW1TI

how do you keep the dust away?

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted picture from previous back. Please do not quote them if they are on the same page.

1 hour ago, Kim72 said:

how do you keep the dust away?

If you look at the larger product photo on the amazon page you can see the optional transparent acryl sheets as dust covers. If you leave those sheets in place there will be no dust problem. On the other hand then you need to pull atleast one drawer outwards to have acces to all parts on that row. 

Edited by drakmin

11 hours ago, Kim72 said:

I am switching to a system of AUER packaging:

https://www.auer-packaging.com/nl/en/Insertable-bins-for-assortment-boxes.html

The containers themselves come in various sizes (I prefer the 1x1 till 2x3 grid sizes). I plan to make a drawer system in which I can put these containers. The big advantage I see is that I can adapt the size of the container to the size of the collection of certain parts instead of the other way around. They also offer cases in which you can put these containers, but that will drive the price up (I think the cases are 20 euros a piece).

In terms of product quality, customer service, website navigation, etc. it is top notch.

20 hours ago, legolijntje said:

I'm a big fan (and user) of the Allit Varioplus Basic series of drawers. However, the shop I used to buy them at is closed. One day it just vanished from the internet. It's a shame really. They had great prices, almost the whole Allit catalogue in stock and shipped to the Netherlands. Now I can't really find a good source for these things anymore for a good price aside from the Hornbach in Germany. Luckily I have pretty much enough now (or at least, I don't have room for more).

Ye ye ye ye ye!!! Best drawers ever! :thumbup:
I'm using German Aliit Varioplus Basic 54. In my countru theay are hard to find and costs at about $25.
Maybe in the evening I'll show you gusy my working corner..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allit-Basic-54-Kleinteile-Magazin-Sortiments-Kasten-Schubladen-Schraubenbox-/122191227646?epid=1604805822&hash=item1c732a2afe:g:bjQAAOSwjRpZUQ9V

I'm very happy with an organizer cabinet I found at Swedish retailer Clas Ohlson. It's fairly cheap and I think the drawers are perfectly sized, I think I have bought six of those cabinets. It seems like they ship to some other European countries as well, and it's not their own product so variants can be found at other retailers as well.

http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Organiser-Cabinet/40-6980

Edited by HallBricks

Maybe I just found solution for my small house ... I could use this kind of thing. I wont spend that much money, but I could find or build something similar. When building, I could put close to desk etc. When not building, put in some corner.

But I'm just thinking - what a pain it would be, if it falls.

Edited by Jurss