First of all, hello to everyone!
I've been stalking this forum for well over a year now and figured I'd finally start sharing some stuff with you folks.

So here goes, my lego room and collection!

800x1067.jpg

800x1067.jpg

Besides that I've also added a showcase to the living room where I keep some more:

800x1067.jpg

Edit: I'm having some trouble adding these links as actual images.
Either dropbox doesn't play nice, It's because I'm a new member, or I'm doing something wrong.
Could someone PM me some instructions for fixing this?

Edited by sanderverkuijlen

Hi. Welcome to EB :thumbup: 

You need to use an actual image url ending with .jpg or .png. 

I recommend using Bricksafe or Flickr to host your images. 

Thanks Jim, that did it!

The instructions in the welcome post (new members forum) could do with a bit of an update though because the whole [ img ] thing isn't needed. (also, all links in that post refer back to itself)

Edited by sanderverkuijlen

Hi

I have two separate rooms

1. room for building

2. for storing assembled MOCs/sets and making photo.

this video is about my building room. It is only 1.5x3 meter and situated on my balcony. Turn on english subtitles. Have a nice watching!

Edited by rm8

Just now saw the video!
It's a good idea to make lego-cabinet at the balcony!
Part sorting looks for me not very suitable. When I'm building I like most useful parts situated no farther then my arms lenght. In your video even a half parts is situated in the other side of the balcony..
From the other side like the view from your window)

I wonder the logistic system of parts storage for your lego store..

Edited by Aleh

amazing little room!   you're building in -35'c ... and here down under, we're having a lovely +40'c day today.. my Lego room is in an insulated garage, but no air conditioning.. so no building today!

Amazing to see what people manage to do in small spaces to support their hobbies :)

@rm8: Thanks for your video, you made me feel a bit better - I thought I had a small LEGO room (2.5x2.2 m) but now that I see you have a whole square meter less, it doesn't feel so small anymore :grin:

Hey guys!

Here is my working space -- not too good, but serves its purpose.

A clean workspace

Anyways, Have fun, and see you guys some other time!

P.S., sorry about the grainy picture.

Edited by letsbuild

Time for a bit of shameless necro-posting! :wink: I've been on the verge of running out of space for a while now, and after bringing home about 3000 parts in unopened sets plus some bulk plus the Bricklink orders for the Koenigsegg and the Subarute, I figured it was time to upgrade my storage a bit :tongue: 

33385356011_8d00719bd0_c.jpg
Storage Upgrade! by VKTechnic, on Flickr

A couple other upgrades are on the list, namely better lighting (one desk lamp plus room lighting isn't quite cutting it). Other than that, I do have storage for tires and all my system bricks off-screen in a few Ikea buckets :classic: 

On 31/8/2016 at 9:42 PM, AkiyamaWataru said:

Victor did you know, I am envying you guys with a dedicated Lego desk or room. After a good evening of building on the floor it is kind of hard to not feel pain.

Same, i dont have any storage boxes per se, just ziplock bags inside drawers. Just a simple Argos computer desk to build on....i generally go through all my bags and part out as and when i decide to build a model from my parts.

4 hours ago, Richard Dower said:

Same, i dont have any storage boxes per se, just ziplock bags inside drawers. Just a simple Argos computer desk to build on....i generally go through all my bags and part out as and when i decide to build a model from my parts.

We all started somewhere...I used to build on the floor myself :tongue: 

191314_205905106090874_4384639_o.jpg?oh=

On 9/11/2013 at 4:57 AM, Sariel said:

Tell that to your spine :P

I got know if i am to late to say this but building on the floor isn't bad

21 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

I got know if i am to late to say this but building on the floor isn't bad

It's not bad...until you move to a desk and realize how much better it is for your back. I speak from experience, I would not want to go back to working on the floor...

49 minutes ago, VKTechnic said:

It's not bad...until you move to a desk and realize how much better it is for your back. I speak from experience, I would not want to go back to working on the floor...

sometimes i build at a desk but i dont have a dedicated workspace like all of you

@Lego2016Lego i dont know how you have that many pf parts (2 xl's,2 m's,1 servo, 3 pairs of lights, and 2 ir recievers + controllers suffices for me

Edited by Aventador2004

800x453.jpg

800x450.jpg

Here is my setup, two Acromills Storage Drawer Shelves (one small drawer and one large) Plus 6 shoebox containers inside the first level of the dresser and a box of wheels off to the side!

15 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

sometimes i build at a desk but i dont have a dedicated workspace like all of you

@Lego2016Lego i dont know how you have that many pf parts (2 xl's,2 m's,1 servo, 3 pairs of lights, and 2 ir recievers + controllers suffices for me

I just keep buying. :wink:

9 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

I reuse parts over and over

I don't reuse parts. I only use new parts. (Just kidding :wink:)

Edited by Didumos69
Wasn't serious.

6 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

I understand for you but I didn't know if you rebuild

I reuse parts over and over

I reuse parts.

My Lego's.

32706862304_4784c09be7_c.jpg

33550584395_7f9ee5cb83_c.jpg

32706886604_00881b9298_c.jpg

Power functions.

33509632966_5214cecddc_c.jpg

haha i only own red, black, green, and white, ikr

i don't buy parts often

just pf parts

p.s. do i count 3m's,2 l's, and 5 lx's,

And why 3 8885s and 2 Ir recievers

i will get a l motor for something soon

Edited by Aventador2004

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

haha i only own red, black, green, and white, ikr

i don't buy parts often

just pf parts

p.s. do i count 3m's,2 l's, and 5 lx's,

And why 3 8885s and 2 Ir recievers

i will get a l motor for something soon

Yes and have just collected them over the years. I would have more, but some broke.

The longest I've had a model assembled was 6 months, and that was the Koenigsegg. Can't really afford to keep my models together indefinitely, and I don't see a purpose in putting a remote controlled model with a lot of moving functions on a shelf somewhere. 

Hi,

Nothing to show, but I am thinking about investing in a better storage system, so I am looking for advice.

The idea I am toying with is to have large cupboards with drawers. Inside the drawers I want to have square containers of various sizes that can be taken out. I have a pretty big workingtable on which I then can put the relevant containers for the model I am making. The less common pieces can be easily found in the drawers.

So the questions are:
- Does anyone have any experience with such a way of working?
- Does anyone have a hint on where I can find a producer of square containers in various sizes (it is amazingly difficult for me to define a search query that yields helpful results on this topic)?