I have no special room for construction unfortunately. So I just use a table in the kitchen and a few organizers :classic:

It looks like this:

jeep_i_20110725_1892569227.jpg

A few ready models are stored in book shelves.

Barman impressive good looking organized working place... Fun to build there... I see the red chopper motorbike that I want to build in near future... :)

Where you got some Trucks and Supercars? :D

Max...

Thank Jim and Max.

@Max, The red chopper is the B-model of set 8051 Finaly a good Chopper as a B-model of a motorbike set!

Aha, trucks an supercars you say... Supercars are not my thing, but I do have a supercar project planned. this could take some years, because tther are still s many things I want to make.

A supercar will be a big challenge for me. Technical stuff is just my thing, but making a body to finish a model, that is something I'm not good at.

Trucks are a bit more my thing, but that last years I am more into sci-fi stuff.

Thank Jim and Max.

@Max, The red chopper is the B-model of set 8051 Finaly a good Chopper as a B-model of a motorbike set!

Yes I know that's B Model but I discovered it only one week ago... Looks really good and I like it... I try it to build from newer bike sets... Looks that contains no many special parts... It looks that it got only 2 valves... I try it to rebuild on 4 valves motorbike... :)

Max...

A supercar will be a big challenge for me. Technical stuff is just my thing, but making a body to finish a model, that is something I'm not good at.

You need to make a supercar in a scale to fit your V-8 in it! :grin:

My man cave in our house, not too bad Lego studio, assortments getting better and better.

E1F48A6A-80A6-43C4-A50D-45F1F5B34B17.jpg

I am in the process of building a "nerd space" for my wife and I. This room will house our movie stuff, pop culture things, and my lego. I havent added the table and chairs yet, and I have more shelves to build but it is a beginning. Currently I build on the floor like a savage :classic:

fRmjJih.jpg?1

rXJfGl0.jpg?1

dnPMog1.jpg?1

aj75Pen.jpg?1

Edited by Geekphysique

@GeekPhysique :

How often do u clean your collection ?

If I ever have a shelf like yours, they would be covered in dust in 3mths :(

@GeekPhysique :

How often do u clean your collection ?

If I ever have a shelf like yours, they would be covered in dust in 3mths :(

I clean the room once a week, but probably only have to dust the shelves once a month. I clean the lego by blowing the dust off with compressed air so it never really needs a deep cleaning, just a quick blast to clean it off. This weekend is actually my cleaning day, I need to make room for 42042 and 42043 in here somewhere

I clean the room once a week, but probably only have to dust the shelves once a month. I clean the lego by blowing the dust off with compressed air so it never really needs a deep cleaning, just a quick blast to clean it off. This weekend is actually my cleaning day, I need to make room for 42042 and 42043 in here somewhere

Thanks for the reply. Yeah must make it s habit to clean these lovely babies once a week and yes do make room for this year's ultimate flagship 42043 n it's baby the 42042. Can't wait to get my hands on them :)

In mid-2015 I set up a dedicated space for building. I picked up a couple of desks and a shelf at Ikea and made an L-Shaped desk out of them.

desk.png

Under the shelf is an LED strip that illuminates the otherwise dark area. I got a model that has an adjustable brightness and multiple colours.

led_on.png

The drawers hold more parts in screw organizer boxes:

inside_drawer.png

I also installed some cable routing channels. It's a very inexpensive way to hide the usually-dangling cables.

cable_routing.png

Finally, I used some double-sided tape to attach a power bar under the surface of the desk. It makes cleaning there much easier. The same tape was used to attach the control box for the LED light.

cable_routing_2.png

Suddenly bought a house so now i can get my own Lego Rom to :) Thanks for all the inspiration in this thread.

Suddenly bought a house so now i can get my own Lego Rom to :) Thanks for all the inspiration in this thread.

Congrats with your new house :thumbup: .

For those who need a way to sort motors and remotes:

800x533.jpg

Hot glue a studded beam to the side of your sorting box.

Edited by NXT45

For those who need a way to sort motors and remotes:

Hot glue a studded beam to the side of your sorting box.

Really like the idea, but can hear my old man yelling at me NOT TO HANG THINGS BY WIRES!!!.

This is my work space and the largest part of my modest LEGO collection. The green boxes at the top contain nearly all my Technic LEGO.

22017954153_1052d92d65_c.jpg

Edited by Kelkschiz

This is a report from "Photos of your Technic collection / setup" because it seems more relevant here.

I have finally got my new build area built! And organised, but I don't have new photos. It's a wardrobe-sized box that opens out and has a build area in the gap. It's about 1900x780x1200, but once opened it's bigger. And of course the wooden floor in our house is not flat or level, so once I got it inside I had to move the blocks that hold up the build area so that at least is level. But when "closed" you can see just how warps the floor it's sitting on is - on the concrete floor of my workshop it was almost perfect. I might have to get a sheet of 25mm plywood or something to put under it, because it's at the foot of my bed and that gap is going to annoy me.

open2_thm.jpg open3_thm.jpg folded-up_thm.jpg

(thumbs should be clickable)

The build platform is removable, and the shelves are slightly narrower than the space so there's a gap up the middle to put it in when it's closed up.

New house, new working place (finally)...there is a lot that could be improved, for example it's my intention to switch from horizontal box to vertical ones, but that's a good start!

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

New house, new working place (finally)...there is a lot that could be improved, for example it's my intention to switch from horizontal box to vertical ones, but that's a good start!

Nice setup. I see you still have that epic fire engine. Hope you keep that one in one piece. I also see you got the Kwik-E-Mart and Simsons House sets. I was so tempted to get them as well but managed to contain myself :/.