Funny, we bought all expensive furniture planning on my study becoming a nice library. Well.....things didn't exectly turn out that way. Look at where all my books ended up :)

Hehe. Seems like you've got your priorities straight :laugh:

Very nice, the wall-mounted MF.

Update of the LEGO room-working place:

After more than two weeks, i have finished sorting all the parts from the mocs and Bricklink into new metal cabinets I got at incredible price. I am very pleased, and hopefully sorting and finding parts in the future will be quicker.

11021314_1579114442332607_1663538191619476514_o.jpg

11001589_1579114428999275_8900272798317076665_o.jpg

11018945_1579114408999277_1157292987039587139_o.jpg

More to read of building this room from basement wreck to this:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=90965&st=0

Edited by Milan

Very very nice room, the brickwork on the room looks stunning too :laugh: .Also the new storage things are amazing, very useful i think.

Let me recover my jaw from the floor, this is the best Lego room I have seen so far, congrats! I don't even want to start on where/how I build, it's not something I am proud of...

I cannot comapre my setting with some of those seen here, but I cannot complain either.

This is my half of the livingroom, the other half is the media center.

Lots of large or rarely used parts are in plastic containers under the table.

10649560_787058218020340_7886645648349057764_n.jpg?oh=a2395b409d4a119d6991b5143ccd83a2&oe=55943FF7

Well I think ill join in on showing my collection! I have ~13,000 parts!

More at Brickshelf.

:look: Is that construction vehicle what once was going to be Mindstorms? Edited by Jim
Don't quote large images

Unlike your collection there collections are smoke free. :laugh:

I don't smoke anymore after the summer of 2013 in my office :tongue:

I don't smoke anymore after the summer of 2013 in my office :tongue:

congratulations. And now you've got more spare cash to spend on lego :laugh:

I look for advice for my Lego storage needs. Currently I store most of my technic in 10 of those Stanley "small" boxes like the one pictured and 5 of the bigger ones -I like the removable "trays" a lot-. Back when I got the boxes I only had so much room in a closet for my collection, and it felt pretty convenient this kind of storage.

pACE3-8909589enh-z7.jpg

Now my parts collection has overgrown by a lot my storage and I expect it to grow quite a bit over the next few months and since I have now the room for those wall cabinets many of you use, next week I'll be getting 5 steel frame cabinets.

All measure 552x306x150 (HxWxD mm) but there are several drawer size options and I wonder how to decide drawer size/distribution.

60 drawers (41x55x153), 48 drawers (41x67x153), 24 drawers (64x91x154), 40 mixed drawer variant (36 41x67x153 + 3 64x91x154 + 1 64x279x155)

137386.jpg137393.jpg137409.jpg137430.jpg

I'll still keep my Stanley boxes in the closet for less frequently used parts/colors, so 1x24 and 1x40(mixed) are for sure, the 24 one looks useful for those bulky panels and power functions parts and the 40 one can hold the long parts at the bottom (32 axles).

But I don't know if the 60 one will be more useful than the 48 one, or what is my best choice for the remaining three cabinets, So what is your advice?

what does your personality tell you about running out of space? Would you go for a bigger drawer, or split the parts of one type into multiple drawers by colour for example. If the former, fewer larger drawers may be better. For the latter, more smaller drawers.

I generally find smaller sized ones easier to work with since I can pull them out and put more on the desk at one time compared to a few large ones. How do you like to build? Answering that question may drive your choice of storage. In general though I hate mixed drawers by type. Colour is fine, but if I want a particular widget, I don't want to have to sort through large bins of bits looking for it. The downside of that is having lots and lots of small drawers with very few parts in them.

My workplace got an overhaul. Yes, it's a long video but hey, you get to see:

- a pile of rare wheels approximately close in value to a pair of human kidneys

- three working Micromotors (doesn't happen too often)

- a Griffon with a tail being pulled out of his, umm, chair area

- the LUCIFER! ;)

Edited by Sariel

Midian album by Cradle of Filth sure brings back some memories! :thumbup:

Nice, albeit somewhat messy, setup Sariel!

Nice video. :classic:

How long did it take you to get that huge pile of ice-cream boxes? :grin:

How long did it take you to get that huge pile of ice-cream boxes? :grin:

Two hot summers ;)

Two hot summers ;)

At first glance I read "two hot hamsters"...

I previously posted on page 6. Well, it appears that we are moving. Already sold our home and have purchased a new one. Will officially move in about a month and a half. I have had considerable conversations with my wife.... and she is not excited about having a LEGO room in our new house. She doesn't like the fact that I have used our nice office furniture for my hobby. Don't get me wrong, she is totally supportive of it. In fact, we have came to a very amicable......and honestly, favorable solution. She has agreed to let me build a shed or extra room off our garage that will be my personal LEGO cave. Complete with air conditioning, electricity, etc... I will also throw in a built-in shelves and a hig-def sound system (I love music when I build). I will throw pics up here when I am all done.... but it may be a few months. I will likely also be documenting the whole move on my MOCpages site. As I am mentioned before I equally love to build and collect, but when your collection gets too big and you find you spend too much time organizing/fixing/maintaining your collective pieces it may be time for some sets to go......

:look: Is that construction vehicle what once was going to be Mindstorms?

Sadly, no it's not. That was my PF Backhoe.

Heh, I store the PF elements in very, very similar way like you :D

Hmm I glad I started a trend! :D I used to store them in the bottom, large drawer.

Edited by NXT45

My workplace got an overhaul.

Are the Dioder lights bright enough to light up the work space? Or are they simply accent lights? I am setting up my new work space and considered them for lighting the desk.

They are very bright, actually. In most cases they are enough and I'm not using any other lamps on this side of the workshop.

The light with the magnifying glass is a great idea. I have to get myself one of those soon...