BraselC5048

Heavy MOD & Light MOD: Fire Truck and Fire Brigade

I wasn't happy with the 11930's fire truck from the Fire Brigade, so I rebuilt it a while ago, and now I've rebuilt it again.

The left side:

firetruck2_zpse3d2b58c.jpg

The pump inlets/outlets have completely redone, assisted by new parts lego has put out recently. The seats look better in dark gray.

The right side:

firetruck1_zpsb0125564.jpg

The fire extinguishers have been moved to the cab, making room for hoses in the hose bed (why didn't lego put hoses in there in the first place?):

firetruck5_zps9d7c9fc0.jpg

New to the current rebuild are the staggered hoses in the hose bed, made with some 1x2 tiles and 1x2 jumpers.

The previously non-existent pump controls are now in the rear of the cab:

firetruck3_zpsaa4e096d.jpg

To prevent seeing into the wheel well from the cab, there's now some details under the front of the cab, as well as new gauges on the dashboard:

firetruck4_zps64fcf259.jpg

Pictures of the fire brigade to follow.

I like the heavy modifications to this truck 'BraselC5048', great hose stack and side mounts for the feed-in hoses. :grin:

Brick On 'BraselC5048' ! :grin:

Thanks.

For comparison, this is what the fire engine started out as:

engine_3.jpg

engine_4.jpg

Anyway, the fire brigade has had a few improvements made. Out front, the previous dead looking tree that always fell over has been redone:

tree2_zpsfb429f46.jpg

Inside, the main new feature is a hose drying rack on the left side:

firestation1_zpsd908cb52.jpg

From the back:

firestation2_zps03c54ed7.jpg

On the right side, just a few new details (jack, toolbox), and some storage cabinets.

firestation3_zpscf865f59.jpg

(yes, that's the best image I could get.)

And what would a 1930's fire station be without some 1930's firemen:

firemen1_zps8f80ab22.jpg

Firemen on the truck, ready to put out a fire:

firemen2_zpsea2bc7be.jpg

Hey, nice mods! I am working on building my Lego® fire department, and I am going to make a 70s pumper, so not quite vintage, but almost.

Wow .... I love your vehicle and definately your 1930 firemen. Thats custom decals for the torso´s ?

Anyhow lovely job. Well done ! :)

I wasn't happy with the 11930's fire truck from the Fire Brigade, so I rebuilt it a while ago, and now I've rebuilt it again.

The left side:

firetruck2_zpse3d2b58c.jpg

The pump inlets/outlets have completely redone, assisted by new parts lego has put out recently. The seats look better in dark gray.

Can anyone explain how the pump outlets were done? At first it seemed obvious but then how does half of the silver grill plate disappear? I was think it's a 1x2 bracket, but I don't think those normally come in red.