Hi Jurgen,

I didn't check the instructions yet too thoroughly nor do I have 42009 yet. But I have a question.

Have you included sync for the winch when raising/lowering and extending/retracting the boom or are the speeds just synchonized by the gearing up/down and simultaneously using them? From the video it looks as being automatically synchonized.

When I did a comparison of the partlists of the original 42009 and the ultimate version I found out that the 92693c01 (Mini Linear Actuators) are missing in the partlist of the Ultimate 42009.

However they are present in the instructions so I am curious how this could have happened and if there may be more glitches...

Nice mods, wish I had the parts for it...

Edited by TwentyLeggedHen

Hi Jurgen,

I didn't check the instructions yet too thoroughly nor do I have 42009 yet. But I have a question.

Have you included sync for the winch when raising/lowering and extending/retracting the boom or are the speeds just synchonized by the gearing up/down and simultaneously using them? From the video it looks as being automatically synchonized.

No, the winch is not syncronized. But because all functions are motorized independently and are operated with x/y joysticks, you can controll boom lift, boom extention, upperstructure rotation and winch with 2 joysticks.

When I did a comparison of the partlists of the original 42009 and the ultimate version I found out that the 92693c01 (Mini Linear Actuators) are missing in the partlist of the Ultimate 42009.

However they are present in the instructions so I am curious how this could have happened and if there may be more glitches...

The mini'la's is not a "standard" ldraw-part, because is can shange shape. I had to "assemble" it myself. That's why it didn't make it to the parts-list.

I'll fix it.

The mini'la's is not a "standard" ldraw-part, because is can shange shape. I had to "assemble" it myself. That's why it didn't make it to the parts-list.

I'll fix it.

It should be there in three versions...I guess you will need to use the sub part commanded.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I was genuinely surprised when I saw you put a battery box right there in the middle of the chassis. It looks like a wonderful build. If there's one MOC built by someone else I would like to try, it's this one.

Awesome modification! Now, is it possible to put reverse lights and turn signals? I will try to do that once I finish the Ultimate 42009 itself. Thanks so much!

While this model is fantastic i had a look at the parts and noticed some things that prevents me from building this thing now. First i need another transmitter. Second and more important, i would only have 2 M-motors left if i built this model. Since i want it to sit on a shelf for some time, that would make mocs much harder so i'll pass for now. I wont build this model just to take it apart a few weeks later so for now i think i'll build the reach stacker later on. Anyone feel up for making a ultimate out of it?

Anyone feel up for making a ultimate out of it?

Not me.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

This looks fantastic. I can't wait to build it. I'm getting the 42009 soon and plan on building the official model first soi can appreciate all the changes you've made.

One small comment though: I'm not sure what software you used to make the instructions, but does it have an antialiasing option? Because if it doesn't, it should. I find the jagged edges on all the lines a bit distracting.

Other than that, superb work.

This is an awesome mod. I put together the partlist with BrickLink and am missing about €250 in parts, unless I part some of my vehicles (the 2007 Bulldozer for instance), I then get it down to about €150. Sigh .. what to do, what to do :)

Parts list on Rebrickable and jurgenstechniccorner.com have heeb correcten to include Metal hook and PF-extention wires.

This looks fantastic. I can't wait to build it. I'm getting the 42009 soon and plan on building the official model first soi can appreciate all the changes you've made.

One small comment though: I'm not sure what software you used to make the instructions, but does it have an antialiasing option? Because if it doesn't, it should. I find the jagged edges on all the lines a bit distracting.

Other than that, superb work.

I using LPub to generate the PDF-file at 200 DPI, that the highest quality my PC is able to produce. I don't know anything about graphic aliasing, so any suggestion would be welcome.

On the other hand, higher quality will also produce larger files....

Edited by Jurgen Krooshoop

Jurgen, you can set AA-options in ldview, General tab. I always use it, i don't think it has much impact on filesize though.

The jagged edges are not from the original LDView images. LPub's instructions files are based on PNG images, and for some reason Acrobat does a terrible job of converting PNGs when making a PDF so these bad edges are added in the PDF conversion. I have tried many different settings in Acrobat trying to combat this behavior, but the only time I have found a good looking result is using more than 300 dpi which is bad for file size.

It's funny how people were saying there isn't enough room for RC on this one

You have proven that they are all wrong!

Thanks for the instructions you rock Jurgen!

Jurgen, I noticed a few differences between the BrickStore file and the new images for just the additional parts:

62462 yellow pin connector, 2x or 3x?

42610 wheel 11x8mm 5x, not on new images

Edited by therealjustin