I got back into Technics after not having any since I was a kid, 25 years ago. I bought the 42009 from BrickLink over the holidays and completed it last week. I would love to remake it into the Ultimate 42009 but the cost to do so is very expensive being in Canada and having no spare parts on hand. It is definately on my list to do though. I picked up the 42043 set this week and am starting it this weekend.

Nice one. I bought the 42043 from ebay.de and paid in euros. Because I'd bought my Euros in November at 1:43 the price delivered was effectively £125 rather than £169.99 at a Lego store.

I'll build and motorize this later in the year.

Meanwhile I'm starting Jurgens Linkbelt excavator

I just got my dirty paws on the last 42009 in Asda, the box was a bit beat up, tried to get abit more off the £140 price tag but no go.

Amazing.

I have the 42009 and my 7-years old likes to play with it, but in all honesty, actually playing with the base 42009 is a sore test of nerves.

RGDS,

hi guys. sorry to dig this up again. i'm building the 42009 for my son cause he loved the volvo so i figured this was the next step in a larger build for him. last night i stumbled on this mod. i have never done a mod before. I'm coming out of the dark ages from back in the 80's technics.

i downloaded the extra pieces i need. i have a bunch of questions.

1. the instructions i downloaded are awesome, but do i have to do anything different then what the instructions say. i read a few guys had some issues here and there, but didn't know if those changes are reflected in the manual.

2. the yellow pieces i'm having trouble finding. namely the longer technic pieces the 15 length ones. can i sub for a different color? also no luck on the yellow side triangular pieces. sorry don't know what they are called. can i sub those out for a different color that might work?

3. motors. i have to buy everything. i don't want to strip the volvo down cause i still need more so figured i would start to build a supply. what length extension wire do i buy? it doesn't say and lego sells 2 different lengths. also version 2 is only available from lego so i assume it's ok since i'm buying everything fresh and not mixing and matching new and old?

thanks so much. sorry if these are noob questions, but i don't want to sink well over 200 dollars most likely and then be stuck.

jim

would it be possible to replace this 24+8 combination by 20+12 to avoid this part collision? would the down-gearing sufficient for the LA-drivetrain?

No need to change gears - if the gears are changed then there will be a significant loss in torque. Simple fix to this problem - move the blue 3L pin / yellow pin connector / black pin to the next hole over, currently occupied by the black pin that has no second connection - probably what was intended all along. This is seen in step 4 on p. 208. The black pin goes into the blue pin's hole, but projecting out to the other side, to connect to the black beam placed later on the same page.

Edited by JGW3000

I do. Send me an email pm and I can send them to you.

email removed

Edited by AdamHeard

To those wanting the file..... It is huge and I can't do it via normal email. Perhaps with drive. I will experiment this evening when I get home.

If you have dropbox, you can put it "public" folder and just publishing link. If the file will the way to me, I can do it.

To those wanting the file..... It is huge and I can't do it via normal email. Perhaps with drive. I will experiment this evening when I get home.

You don't happen to have ultimate 8403 as well do you?

Hello all, I have the 42009 and am trying to use rebrickable to export a wanted list for the missing parts onto bricklink. The only items that get exported are the parts completely missing from the original 42009 set, any missing quantities of existing parts in the orignal set do not get exported. I had to use Brickstore to make a wanted list - is rebrickable so broken>?

If you need to add just the pieces included into 42009 then you have to add 42009 as a set you own, not the individual parts. You can then chose between including these part in other MOC calculations or not.

hi,

im rebuilding the ultimate 42009 for the 3th time

but now i want to add a lego servo motor for the steering

i have already tryed putting it where the other motor was but not working

ive switched the battery holder for a rechargeable battery box (lots smaller)

i want to ask you

has somebody already installed a servo motor in his/her u42009 and working perfectly ?

iff possible can you put some photo's on how you did it

i hope that you can help me 

christophe

On 28-1-2017 at 2:10 PM, chrisdec said:

hi,

im rebuilding the ultimate 42009 for the 3th time

but now i want to add a lego servo motor for the steering

i have already tryed putting it where the other motor was but not working

ive switched the battery holder for a rechargeable battery box (lots smaller)

i want to ask you

has somebody already installed a servo motor in his/her u42009 and working perfectly ?

iff possible can you put some photo's on how you did it

i hope that you can help me 

christophe

after several attemps and lots off trying

ive managed to install the servo motor directly on to the steering shaft 

the only thing now is to test it

Normally I'm only a reader here on Eurobricks, mostly I enjoy reading all the great topics here and I have build some off the moc's / mod's other people posted here.
I never had anything useful to add to all the great things here.  But last week my kids where playing whit Jurgens Ultimate 42009 and the where complaining about the fact that it can not drive over anything at all. So I made a suspended drive axle for it. It's working great and I thought maybe it's useful for someone else as well.

I made an lxf whit the changes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubd9w8hrvcuwdyg/Ultimate 42009 suspend drive axle.lxf?dl=0

Ultimate 42009 suspend drive axle.jpg

The model's traction is really terrible. The idea of the drive axle suspension is great and solves this problem. In my model I used this solution with small changes. Here's how it looks: 

12332_jB2wTpS.jpg

Edited by Krzysztof

On 11/25/2014 at 8:43 PM, Thomas80 said:

Hi!

Thanks for the welcome.

I hope these pictures will be ok.

1jalm1s16v07jgw4jiyd.jpg

ewt1zt01n7bj5a9nxu.jpg

Hi! I am new to the forum.  I am a Lego Technic fan and is trying to build JUergen's Ultimate 42009 Technic Crane.  I am running into the exact same issue that Thomas80 has highlighted.  The outriggers can not move because the black axle with yellow pin that connects does not seem to have any gear that will connect to one of the two M motors.  The outrigger legs are working fine but the problem is that both motors - blue and orange are sort of moving the gears that control the steering function.  MY situation is exactly the same tat Thomas80 is showing in the photos above. 

Can someone please help?  I have tried doing the step from page 63 to 698 a few times but it does not seem to resolve the problem.  

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Cheers,

Rajnish