Merged the question with this topic.

I wanted to thank Jurgen en Han for there excellent designs. During Christmas we had a lot of fun building these creations.

We started with just the Ultimate 42009 but my boys wanted also a truck that would be able to transport a payload. The Truck of Han was an easy choice....

1390044642m_DISPLAY.jpg

13900446431_DISPLAY.jpg

See more on

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/379161

See Jurgen his site: http://jurgenstechniccorner.com

See Designer Han his site: http://http://www.de...er-han.nl/lego/

so these instructions replace the instructions that come from lego in the original 42009 set? im about to purchase the 42009 and i think all these extra parts are in my spare bins.

Yes, if you have a 42009 and all the extra pieces needed, you can use these instructions instead of the one that comes with the set :classic:

Hi Jurgen Krooshoop

I seem to have problem opening your instruction for excellent Ultimate 42009. I have all the parts need to make it and the original 42009.

I am unable to download it on my ipad2 via Safari, halfway it suddenly close safari.

Has anyone had problem with it? I had download your other smaller moc and it seem fine to download.

Is it too big for iPad?

Looking forward to rebuilding 42009 with your excellent moc :-)

Daniel

Hi Jurgen Krooshoop

I seem to have problem opening your instruction for excellent Ultimate 42009. I have all the parts need to make it and the original 42009.

I am unable to download it on my ipad2 via Safari, halfway it suddenly close safari.

Has anyone had problem with it? I had download your other smaller moc and it seem fine to download.

Is it too big for iPad?

Daniel

I didn't have that issue with my iPad, but you could try downloading to a PC, then using iTunes to load it as a book instead.

Too bad 32184 'Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular 3L with Center Pin Hole' is almost impossible to find in yellow :/

Tell me about it... I just picked up the last (4) of them on Bricklink last week. I had to buy them used as their were no new ones.

Hi Jurgen Krooshoop

Is it too big for iPad?

Daniel

Download the Adobe acrobat reader for iPad and it should work. It will even save the file for you so that you can bring it up anytime. I tested it and it works fine on my iPad 2.

Getting back into Lego's, particularly the Technic series. I have already built the stock 42009 and purchased another kit so that I could recreate Jurgen's Ultimate 42009. It took a bit getting all the additional parts. As mentioned above, I picked up the last (4) yellow 'Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular 3L with Center Pin Hole' parts off of Bricklink. The large metal hook was a little expensive but worth it. Should be starting the build today or tomorrow.

The only thing that would make things a little easier although I could probably figure out is which channels to select for the different IR receivers as well as on the four different joysticks.

Jurgen did an incredible job with the redesign and the instructions. I can’t wait to build some of his other models like the Zorex-220 Motorized Excavator and the American Truck “Longnose”.

Edited by Jullian_pdx

The yellow 32184s are almost indistinguishable between new and used because of the material which seems to be scratch resistant. I have 50 or so yellow ones and they are mixed and you really can't tell - they all look really good.

can I substitute the new 8883 and 8882 motors (M and XL) for the ones listed on rebrickable? (58120 and 58121)

Also it says I need 4 IR receivers. I have one already from 9398. Is this one I need a different IR receiver? it seemed to recognize the IR remote from the same set, saying I only need 3 to complete my parts list...

Edited by Graydingo

can I substitute the new 8883 and 8882 motors (M and XL) for the ones listed on rebrickable? (58120 and 58121)

Also it says I need 4 IR receivers. I have one already from 9398. Is this one I need a different IR receiver? it seemed to recognize the IR remote from the same set, saying I only need 3 to complete my parts list...

Yes the new M and XL motors will work as will the IR receiver from your #9398 set.

Firstly, a big "thank you" to Jurgen for this amazing mod. I'm having a wonderful time building it. I'm currently waiting on a lego.com order for the motors and IR receivers i didn't previously have. I really enjoyed the original mk II build, and it has been the most challenging technic set I've ever constructed. Jurgen's mod really improves on the original build.

A couple things I noticed when doing the build for any future builders.

1. Absolutely tear down the 42009 and organize it into pieces on your table or into small bins. The ENTIRE thing. you may be tempted to disassemble only the truck and leave the crane. As mentioned before, this is a complete rebuild.

2. I think I found 2 errors so far in the instructions, but likely it's my own build fail. I'll clarify with an edit.

Edit: ok I've uploaded these minor minor things. :-)

First error is just a floating arm on one of the fenders. Minor.

Second error is the picture of the mounted fender on the side of the truck with the long axle that runs parallel has the support pins in the wrong area.

Third is just confusion on my part when mounting the front steering pinion gear. The gear and the support bracket behind it are not flush to the assembly, they float one stud off the assembly and later are supported by a clever setup underneath. It's fairly obvious in the picture but when you are building it, you are looking out for gaps in axles as this is a pretty rare occurence. Also the pinion gear and axle is driven by gears that are added in subsequent steps. I think just for clarrification a top down view showing gear allignment would have saved me 20 minutes in building here. :-)

bravo on these awesome instructions!!

and just my 2 cents on parts. you will need a ton of the 24 tooth tan beveled gears, and a lot of the 3L 2 pin / 1 axle connectors.

Thank's again to Jurgen and the other testers for the instructions!

Edited by Graydingo

how the heck does the string get routed on page 337???

It's the same as on page 336, but when you slide the part with the string inside the other part, make sure it goes around the two bushes, you can see at the wheel and at the dark-grey beam. I hope this makes sense :classic:

Hi!

I have a problem at page 209 (372), step 23 of Jurgens Instructions:the yellow pin connector round with slot is hitting/ touching the 24 T gear...so it can not turn freely...

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Well, you obviously placed something wrong, but the question is what. :wink:

It's difficult to say without any pictures. Try looking carefully at the steps and try to see if you placed something wrong, either in that small submodel or in the main submodel.

I was already looking carefully, believe me...

Do you have the instructions in front of you?

Page 208: you can see the yellow pin connector, try t imgine the next step on page 209, step 23- it is gonna hit the 24T gear, because the diameter of the pin connector is thicker then from a lift arm...

Did you build it yourself? Did you make pics from that step?

Edited by lcaa

Well, I have the instructions and I did build the model, but unless I was building something wrong which was actually good, but wrong in the instructions, I haven't had any problems...

Phew, that's a vague sentence... :grin:

But, I made a quick simple rebuild of the particular problem and yes, as it is shown in the instructions, the gear will touch the yellow part.

It still doesn't make sense how I (and a lot of others) were able to build it and use it without problems... *huh*

You are just great! You really rebuild it just to help me? :blush:

Many thanks and that you can confirm that there is something wrong.

I think it is possible to interchange the 2 pins- I think I will try.

It still doesn't make sense how I (and a lot of others) were able to build it and use it without problems... *huh*

Same here, I've build the crane even two times, and I didn't have any problems... :look:

Greetings

Alex

Same here, I've build the crane even two times, and I didn't have any problems... :look:

Greetings

Alex

Yea, are we all looking at this wrong now, or did we look at it wrong while we were building and accidently did it right?

20140509_204759_zps570a4f14.jpg

I have checked my build and first I thought it is not touching but now I check the pickture I see yellow on the gears :(

I removed the yellow bush also and it has little damage.

20140509_213029_zpsea554112.jpg

Edited by Ember

I've dismantled the crane some time ago, so I've checked all the yellow pin connectors in my stock - And I've found one with exactly the same damage!

And on the photo I can see some yellow powder on the gears.

Greetings

Alex

Edited by afol1969