[Hopefully the right forum, but since the MOC is clearly town and minifig related, since the theme is not (yet) a licensed theme and since some movie cars like the Bluesmobile and the Mad Max Road Warrior are here, too, it might be a suitable place. If not, feel free to move it.]

Hi all,

I know, we have seen quite a few Ectos lately (btw good luck to Brent Waller with his Cuusoo proposal, that would be a fantastic set :thumbup:), but well, since there are some special aspects with this one, it might be worth to upload it here, too.

Now this can be called a co-operative MOC, since full credit for the whole 9V technical unit (plus roof and ghostbusters greeble) goes to my dear friend Brucewaynelego-Toyshansolo, see http://www.flickr.co...157623498552724. Since he had already found an ingenious solution for the main problem, I just had to transplant it into a new car body. Here you can see it in action (sorry for the poor quality):

The car itself is 7 studs wide and built in the so-called bracket-and-tile style I have used for most of the cars lately. It fits 4 whole ghostbusters and a 9 volt light & sound battery box.

9563575366_e550177110.jpg

9563564980_103025f369.jpg

The cab can be detached to get the figs in and out of the car:

9560766215_1c5de8d44a.jpg

And that's it so far. C&C welcome as usual. Thanks for looking.

Who ya gonna call ?.......'ER0L' ! :laugh:

AWESOME Ghostbuster station wagon, excellent detailing.....only missing the signs on the sides.......Brick On 'ER0L'.......because busting makes you feel good ! :laugh:

Who ya gonna call ?.......'ER0L' ! :laugh:

AWESOME Ghostbuster station wagon, excellent detailing.....only missing the signs on the sides.......Brick On 'ER0L'.......because busting makes you feel good ! :laugh:

Thanks a lot LT! Yeah, at least pressing the power button from time to time really makes you feel good. :wink: Well, there is no Lego Ghostbusters sticker but if somebody knows a sticker that could be taken instead (maybe a road sign?) I'd be grateful.

Superb! Great looking tribute to the Movie series

Thanks a lot!

sweet

Thx!

This is a fantastic representation of this car ER0L! I want one so bad :drool::classic:

Thanks a lot LEGO Guy Bri! Hopefully there'll be a GB set soon ... :wink:

Good job, especially on fitting the electronics in there too!

Thanks Henrik!

Beautifull model! I have GREAT respect for builders that can build such a detailed moc like this in town-scale.

Beautifull model! I have GREAT respect for builders that can build such a detailed moc like this in town-scale.

Thank you! Let's call it "larger town scale" but it still works with the modulars.

In fact the Ecto is being reworked since its frame is too weak to use it as a slot vehicle - which will be quite important in the future city. But there are some improvements already - hopefully you'll see it going around in the city soon.

Just an update.

... only missing the signs on the sides ... :laugh:

Well, LT, here they are, thanks to the Cuusoo/Ideas set which is really amazing. I was very glad to see that it would be possible to use those great printed curved slopes on this Ecto-1, too. Plus there are the iconic license plates. And those great figs which are very well designed in my opinion. The Ecto fits all four of them, but not the equipment, alas - the battery box needs too much room.

14351673034_9d6e24aea9_z.jpg

Plus the Ecto has been reinforced so that it moves much better on an LCS circle now than it did before without breaking down too early. Anyhow it will be rather a special feature than moving all of the time.

Thanks for looking!

Great job! I really like this. Keep up the good work! :wink:

Thank you very much!

I'd like to add a video of the Ecto-1 moving on an LCS circle. Maybe you don't hear the siren too well, but it's loud enough in reality.