Pate-keetongu

Purist steampunk minifigs!

I've noticed this forum suffers from a sort of lack of purist minifigs... So here's some on my steampunk style. They differ from nearly-ordinary Victorian era people to cyclopic oddness. Enjoy!

9585480566_2d428d9d06_c.jpg

9579034798_f2fe44c810_c.jpg

9544909343_4a056dcd2b_c.jpg

9049442146_cd404b09a2_c.jpg

9038424123_1a77507737_c.jpg

9032907088_2da12019e4_c.jpg

There is also a small backstory for each fig on my blog.

Those are some great characters. I love seeing purist recreations because that means I can copy any if I ever so desire.

I'm amazed at how Steam Punky these look. Good work there.

My favorites are the first row, first lady with the scientist hair. Brilliant. My next favorite is 5th row, first guy (with bike mechanic head). I didn't care for that figure, but the head works really well there.

Keep up the great work. I don't know enough about Steam Punk to follow suit, but this is inspiring.

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! I like them all. I don't know if this was intentional on your part, but the guy who's second from the left on the second row is a dead ringer for the Red Mage class from various Final Fantasy games....

has the guy with the sausage been inspired by "Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler" ?

And why is the photographer holding a frog ? XD Could also be a reference to the discworld but then the frog needs to be in the flash. :D read the description on your website :D

Anyway I like these figs, and I think I actually made almost the same combination for some of my steampunk mocs. I used the glass scope on a diorama as example, except I put it the other way.

Edited by Guss

These are terrific! First row, first and fourth from left; second row, third from left and finally fifth row, first, third and fourth are excellent. I'll have to go visit the store and see if I can create matches!

Thanks all, and nice to see this thread again!

Yes! Well spotted.

And now when this topic seems active again, here's some more:

11050868843_fd65c7dc38_c.jpg

12012249456_c0afa2b5b6_c.jpg

12071114173_16c2150960_c.jpg

12107472993_fc732eb35d_c.jpg

The bios can be found here as before - Enjoy!

Wow! All these figs are incredible! Such great combinations! :sweet::thumbup:

Is this thread open to anyone who wants to toss up a steampunk figbarf?

Is this thread open to anyone who wants to toss up a steampunk figbarf?

Well this is pig's thread, but you're welcome to create your own topic, or an open topic about steampunk minifig :classic:

Well this is pig's thread, but you're welcome to create your own topic, or an open topic about steampunk minifig

This is why I asked... was trying to make sure this was/wasn't an open thread. I guess we can clutter the boards with different threads for steampunk figbarfs but wasn't sure that was kosher. Thanks for clearing that up.

Woah, pig, you're a really talented character builder, no matter the style or the size. Mark "Gingerbeard" Haystett kinda reminds me of Jamie Hyneman. :tongue:

Wow! I love these! So often we see amazing steampunk minifigs that go beyond lego, and often think that lego isn't good enough! You however, have shown that with a bit of creativity, you can make them with lego parts! Love that you brave enough to stay inside the peramiters lego sets, and still acheive something beautiful! Just goes to show that a purist fig can be just as awesome as a custom! Great job, very, very impressed!

I normally don't like steampunk, but these are very inspiring. I love how each one gushes with character and story rather than being 'merely' picturesque. Thanks a million for sharing!

God Bless,

Nathan

Or Cut-Me-Own-Hand-Off Dhblah of Omnia. :laugh:

I LOVE these figs, I might have to use the jacket idea from the girl next to Dhblah/Dibbler.

Edited by LOTRfan

Thanks pig. These are great! Each one has a unique personality and style that can been seen by your design! Love it!