just2good

News LEGO CREATOR 2014 News & Discussion

Bike Shop and Cafe sounds amazing. :drool:

Really? I just found these terms are familiar.

Whatever, so it is the very first store in Creator single houses? From the price suggested, it isn't likely to be a small Modular building but it would be bigger than the Family House of 2013.

so it is the very first store in Creator single houses? From the price suggested, it isn't likely to be a small Modular building but it would be bigger than the Family House of 2013.

I doubt it's a modular building, it would have a set number in the format 102XX. And I agree it does sound amazing for a Creator set to have such a new and interesting idea behind it, the Creator buildings are some of my favourite sets because I like my buildings to be affordable and have proper brick-built walls, but they are often just a 'house', a 'cottage' or a 'hut', with an adjective like 'family' or 'small'. I hadn't looked at the price but I'm glad it sounds like a large set.

I doubt it's a modular building, it would have a set number in the format 102XX. And I agree it does sound amazing for a Creator set to have such a new and interesting idea behind it, the Creator buildings are some of my favourite sets because I like my buildings to be affordable and have proper brick-built walls, but they are often just a 'house', a 'cottage' or a 'hut', with an adjective like 'family' or 'small'. I hadn't looked at the price but I'm glad it sounds like a large set.

I'm hoping the b and c models will be different types of businesses, then I may buy 3

Double post my bad

Edited by Rufus

I dont think, this will have same quality and diversity of pieces as last modular.

So dont expect affordable creator expert like building, you will be dissapointed for sure .

Im not sceptic, yes 1023 pieces sound promising, but last year white family house is kinda boring building, without any challenging or interesting building techniques compared to tree house.

So far most Creator single houses are for living or staying. The only exception was the Light House, and one of the Family House alternative was "Family Factory".

Though not a really new idea, still it's another step to teach KFOLs how to mod their own Lego City. It feels like that TLC would just make City feature police stations public buildings. Not sure it's good or not.

I'm hoping the b and c models will be different types of businesses, then I may buy 3

I wonder where the "bicycles" would be, if they're the "bikes" we knew and would be included in other models. If there are no ideas, it could possibly result in another family house with bikes.

Or maybe model A is the cafeteria with bikes in parking lot, model B would be a bike shop.

Edited by Dorayaki

My guess is that one of the models will be a small school, which is the only other place I can think of that would have lots of bicycles.

Descriptions

Open a world of adventures with this exciting 3-in-1 Bike Shop & Café. Serve delicious muffins and espresso coffee to your customers at the cozy café. Then visit the neighboring bike shop, buy the cool red bike that's for sale, mount it on your car rack a Open up for a world of adventure with the 3-in-1 Bike Shop & Café! - See more at: http://shop.kiddiwin...sthash.SG5QhTOB.dpuf

The LEGO Creator Bike Shop & Café is packed with exciting, imaginative details and can rebuild into an auto repair shop or a flower shop.

Interesting thing, that bigger set is actually car, not the other way around .

Get up, up and away in this high-speed 3-in-1 Yellow Racers helicopter!

Hold on tight! Take the 3-in-1 Yellow Racers helicopter for a thrilling ride. This awesome machine has a powerful, chunky main rotor, sleek cockpit and retractable front landing gear. Taxi to the helipad using its multidirectional tail wheel. Skim over th Get up, up and away in this high-speed 3-in-1

The LEGO Creator Yellow Racers helicopter with giant rotor and retractable landing gear rebuilds into a high-speed race car or speedboat. - See more at: http://shop.kiddiwin...sthash.hdRKAKMQ.dpuf

And car

Feel the awesome power from the beefy exhausts of this flashy 3-in-1 Roaring Power sports car. Featuring a sporty red and white color scheme, alloy-colored wheels and a cool rear spoiler for ultimate style and handling. When you’re done cruising, you can Cruise the streets with the ultra-cool 3-in-1 Roaring Power sports car! - See more at:

The cool 3-in-1 LEGO Creator Roaring Power sports car has opening doors and rebuilds into a ferocious dino or a twin-propeller seaplane. - See more at: http://shop.kiddiwin...sthash.X6bjRFeV.dpuf

374 pieces are small amount for big creator car but high amount for small car like highway speedster.Then it must be very detailed...

Descriptions

Open a world of adventures with this exciting 3-in-1 Bike Shop & Café. Serve delicious muffins and espresso coffee to your customers at the cozy café. Then visit the neighboring bike shop, buy the cool red bike that's for sale, mount it on your car rack a Open up for a world of adventure with the 3-in-1 Bike Shop & Café! - See more at: http://shop.kiddiwin...h.SG5QhTOB.dpuf

The LEGO Creator Bike Shop & Café is packed with exciting, imaginative details and can rebuild into an auto repair shop or a flower shop.

Thanks for that. Sounds like they're packing more and more details into these Creator buildings, I imagine it'll have three minifigs to staff the café, the bike shop and also have a customer in the car. Really glad I opted to buy these Creator city sets instead of the actual City sets...

I just got 31015 Emerald Express and I'm VERY excited. I'm going to have to buy at least 2 more of this set. Maybe 3 at that price point ($5 each)

It's a 3-in-1 set!

The main build is the front car of a train. (Which is what I bought it for)

The other two builds? A middle car and something that could be used as an end car (I like the middle car view better). And attachment parts so it LOOKS like they would attach. I need to put this one together and see if the wheels really work. But this is SO exciting I just had to share.

This from the London Toy Fair report on Brickset, on the three Creator sets coming out later in the year:

The first two are 'more of the same' but the bike shop and cafe were quite interesting. They are a bit like mini modular buildings, fairly realistic with a lot of internal details. They are hinged so can fold into square buildings or out to a single wall.

I'm quite happy with the sound of this... it really sounds like they're taking Creator buildings to new places. Hopefully since these sets are appearing to the public now, we'll see pics soon?

This from the London Toy Fair report on Brickset, on the three Creator sets coming out later in the year:I'm quite happy with the sound of this... it really sounds like they're taking Creator buildings to new places. Hopefully since these sets are appearing to the public now, we'll see pics soon?
*sigh* 'more of the same'? What does that mean? I wish they could go into more detail on their coverages. :def_shrug: Edited by Sir Brickalot

More detailed than a typical Creator building, less so than a typical modular. Pretty wide, too - the bike shop section is about 24 studs wide, the cafe about 12. Can't tell how deep, though.

Nope it's been taken down already. Oh well it can't be long now. Did the bike shop & cafe look like the detailed 'mini modular' they seemed to think it was over on Brickset?

Well in tht case,

snip

Edited by Rick
please don't embed images marked preliminary/confidential

I see that it have a new species of bird on the roof, but since it is in the creator line I guess the chances for a new mould or colour print is slim. :wacko: Most likely brick built :sceptic:

Well doesn't Creator usually only include brick-built animals (aside from Modular's)? The Seaside house and Family house did, but I guess it's just on Lego to include new animal molds/colors in other themes. Friends seems to be doing a good job, but they aren't completely compatible with regular animals.

Well in tht case,

snip

Thanks! Wow, that actually does look a mini modular... impressed! Can't tell if they clip together like normal modulars, but the windows on the side of the buildings suggest that they weren't designed with that in mind. It would be interesting to have a series of mini-modulars for those like me without the time of space for the full modular range. I think these are more 'plain' than modulars would be too, with the basic Creator aesthetic rather than distinctive architectural designs.

I don't think the white building is actually that wide, I think it's just folded out into a wall, while the yellow building is folded into a square. Perhaps a little misleading for the cover of a Lego set, but the reverse side would explain the function of the buildings and show the buildings in both modes.

Either way, this set is exactly what I want from Lego... smaller than modulars, but more complex and interesting than City sets... thanks, Lego! :laugh:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that bird is brick-built.

And if I'm not mistaken, there's a barbecue on the roof of the bike ship... I'll add that to my collection of 10,000 Lego barbecues...

Edited by David Thomsen

Brilliant set. It's a good excuse direction to make more playable and compatible house sets for City consumers.

Creator birds have been purposely designed to be brick-built, though I don't remember that there have been brick-built human before minifigures enter the Creator sets. Maybe TLC want to encourage building animals or they just don't mean to make more new moulds?

Brilliant set. It's a good excuse direction to make more playable and compatible house sets for City consumers.

Creator birds have been purposely designed to be brick-built, though I don't remember that there have been brick-built human before minifigures enter the Creator sets. Maybe TLC want to encourage building animals or they just don't mean to make more new moulds?

Not in Creator. But there were brick built humans back in the 70s when I got into Lego.

Not in Creator. But there were brick built humans back in the 70s when I got into Lego.

20c9fc68a70f030fbfd5fa98b9290b3ced71ed52_m.jpg

Though these are diffrent from the early humans, I guess brickbuilt humans haven't extinguished yet. But still most modern door and window parts are for minifigure scale, so a brickbuilt human wouldn't fit here.

Oh, the other reason for the brick-built birds reason could be that the leftovers have nowhere to go.

The recent Creator Forest Animals (31019) is one of the most enjoyable sets I've put together. All three of the builds were quite different, and look good.

One interesting thing is that the alternate builds (bear, and squirrel) don't get anywhere close to using all of the pieces. Is this normal, or something new for these 3-in-1 builds?

One interesting thing is that the alternate builds (bear, and squirrel) don't get anywhere close to using all of the pieces. Is this normal, or something new for these 3-in-1 builds?

That's normal. Creator sets are designed around the main build in order to reach a desired price point. The alternate builds are constrained by the parts selection used in the main build.