just2good

News LEGO CREATOR 2014 News & Discussion

What I don't like are the thin technic arms of the monkey set.

For that reason it's not suitable as a starter set for children new to this hobby when they are more parts limited.

The squirrel alternative build uses the thin arms too.

Mouse and Cat set is much better with less technic pieces.

Building the Forest Animals set, some of the builds are confusing. The smallest is a brown bear, but if the ears are positioned a certain way, it becomes a dog "sitting up". If the legs are put a certain way, it could pass off as a deer. The second on is a squirrel, but looks a little like a kangaroo. Man, having an imagination rocks. :grin:

Sorry if I missed it, but are these new creator sets out yet?

Yep, at least at the LEGO store near me.

Yep, at least at the LEGO store near me.

The lego store near me is an hour away. Not too far, but far enough to not want to gamble. I only want the mini emerald express anyways. I can wait.

The lego store near me is an hour away. Not too far, but far enough to not want to gamble. I only want the mini emerald express anyways. I can wait.

You could always trying giving them a phone call... :wink:

I only want the Mountain Hut, I have no idea when it'll reach New Zealand but I'm in no hurry.

The monkey looks interesting, and I think I'll pick it up when it's available in my local store. It's going to be my second animal build after Geoffrey the giraffe.

I'm confused. I stumbled across the Furry Creatures set when out shopping for xmas presents for the kids and picked it up for my daughter. However, when I'm looking on Amazon they don't have these releasing until January.

It's a 2014 set, but many major retailers will shelf the sets early to put something out for sale, because by this time their LEGO selection can be pretty sparse. TRU as a rule always puts the sets out a few weeks early, but this year I've seen Wal Mart doing it as well.

I've seen these sets out at Wal-Mart and TRU, even though they are a 2014 set. I am planning on waiting until next March with double points again.

However, my daughter pointed out the Kangaroo on the Furry Animals one, so methinks it doesn't look much like a squirrel. But I will definitely be getting that one. And the small vehicles are actually pretty neat and I like that price $6.99.

My mother-in-law got me the Mountain Hut for Christmas. I may try to do a full review later (although my four-month-old daughter occupies a lot of my non-working time, so I may not be able to), but I do have some preliminary thoughts. I've only built the main model so far, but I really like it. I may even like it better than my 5766 Log Cabin. It feels cozier (there are actual interior details--a small dresser with a lamp, a painting, an animal skull above the fireplace, a small table, and some firewood), and looks much more interesting--less like a simple rectangle. Although the build is fairly basic, there are a few cool techniques (for example, there are some clip pieces subtly built in to keep the building in place, either open or closed). The roof looks great; I love the combination of dark red and bright red, and the brown with green on top is nice (green 1x1 round plates!) I'm less fond of the rock/mountain bit; the scale is just so weird. It might be a good starting point for a larger rock formation, but as it is, it just looks a bit off. I will say, however, that it does a very good job of incorporating the BURPs into a natural-looking mountain--especially in comparison to something like 6584 Extreme Team Challenge. I think that a slight bit of modification could get it to look right at the current scale as a small rock formation (or, alternately, a huge amount of modification could get it to look right at a much more massive scale as an actual mountain). It may actually be a nice project for me--the aforementioned four-month-old has kept me from starting any big projects, but modifying this could be done from time to time, and wouldn't require lots of planning or mess-making. The quad is ok (nice to get those hubcaps, though), as is the minifigure. I would have preferred a more mountain-specific torso, but the face is a newer and less common one, so that's nice.

The alternate models do a pretty decent job of disguising the BURPs, as well. The small lodge has a nice interior, but doesn't look as appealing as the main model. The mountaintop lookout manages to have interior details, as well. It also has a strange-looking tree with an ingenious woodpecker that attaches to the tree by its hinge plate feet. Fantastic! While I'll certainly build the alt models, I like the main hut well enough that I'll settle on that one.

New Creator Summer 2014 sets: http://www.legomarka...y=csoport&cs=43

31024 Thundering Force

31023 Yellow Racecar

31026 Bicycle Shop and Cafe

Bike Shop and Cafe sounds amazing. :drool:

Ooh, excellent... as a collector of Creator houses, I do like it when they are not actually 'houses'. With a bike shop and cafe, my Creator house city might actually start to look like an actual city. :grin:

Wow I like the idea of a shop. Everyone buy one so TLG will make more :-). Question though, is there any theme to how Lego does the creator sets? Like, one big house, small house, car, and 3 mini models for the first wave then another house, some sort of other vehicle, 3 more mini models. That's my speculation of course. Just curious to see how it can be predicted. I know in city it's fairly easy to predict what's coming around the bend with respect to at least how many new sets.

I would bet money that "thundering force" is some kind of flying machine.

Creator seems to get a lot of flying machines (probably because they do well with the kids)

Im dissapointed, that there isnt any reasonable big car or truck.Maybe is because rumored UCS Mini Cooper.

That Yellow race car sound, based on piece count, like some evolution of last year highway speedster but with some race modification.

Three new Creator polybags for 2014: 30187 Fast Car, 30188 Cute Kitten, and 30189 Transport Helicopter.

From those part selections, it looks like 30188 and 30189 will be mini versions of 31021 and 31020 respectively. I've been impressed by the mini counterparts so far in the 3018X range, and of course, I MUST get these to put alongside them.

Shame there are no quantites listed, because I'd like to try and guess at how these three things should look in LDD.