Paperballpark

MOC: Medieval Meeting Place

Hi all, this is my first MOC, 'Medieval Meeting Place'.

I estimate that it uses about 2000 - 2500 pieces, and it took me about 15 - 20 hours to build over the course of 3 months. I used or adapted a few techniques demonstrated by Derfel Cadarn.

The photos aren't brilliant, but hopefully you can get a good idea of what it's like.

The full album is here.

9556759250_0c1a415e9d_c.jpg

9556762236_855c8be381_c.jpg

9553904715_7d5726110e_c.jpg

Edited by Paperballpark

This is actually looking pretty good. And although one can clearly see the "DC-DNA" its got enough character of its own. Time for you to join the guilds of Historica I'd say! :thumbup:

Thanks both! I like the possibilities that vegetation gives, and I like the 'medieval' period, it's so much 'softer' and more in tune with nature than nowadays.

I did try to deviate from and build on DC's techniques where I could, but the basic ideas are so good I really don't see the point in trying to 're-invent the wheel' as it were. Besides, even if I had used different techniques, I'm sure someone somewhere will already have done it!

Wow this is just amazing I wish that I could make a moc like this! I know i have the pieces... just not the skills D:

Looks great :thumbup: I'm starting to learn MOC techniques to make my displays more interesting. Medieval Moc builders offer fabulous inspiration for landscaping.

Excellent landscape! The undergrowth looks very good and I like your fig posing, especially the grazing horse and boy going to get water :thumbup:

You've adapted Derfel's techniques very well. The scene looks peaceful and has great foliage. I like the bridges' wood work as well.

I noticed the display like thingy in the front. Are you going to put a card in it with your name and/or the MOC's name and maybe some details about it and display this MOC somewhere?

Very nice and lively. I like that you've kept a dirt path besides the green so you can see were the wheels went.

I noticed the display like thingy in the front. Are you going to put a card in it with your name and/or the MOC's name and maybe some details about it and display this MOC somewhere?

Yes, it'll hopefully be going on display in a LEGO store Showcase in November, so I made a display bit at the front to put a card in giving details of it, as well as a little challenge, which is to spot the 12 creatures (not counting minifigs) in the display.

I don't think it's possible to see them all from the photos - heck, it's hard enough to see a couple of them even when it's in front of me!

At first look I see you use the DC technique for the bridge and it is always given a good result. I really like all the plants and escpecially your tree work! Really well done.