Here's one of my most recent MOCs, Hunting in the Loch:

The man grasped his spear tightly. Squinting his eyes, he peered carefully into the dark, swirling water. Something dark seemed to be moving about under the water…or was that just a reflected raincloud?

A bright flash of lightning broke through the cloudy sky, and the rain began to beat even more heavily on the hunter’s head.

Suddenly the water in front of him exploded into the air, and a black, writhing shape burst out. The man never saw its head; by the time the immediate shock had passed all that was visible was its scaly back, capped with large, menacing spikes. Shaking rain out of his eyes, the man prepared to throw his spear.

9104395506_329b7bf6f8_b.jpg

9104392072_a0d63f6301_b.jpg

Soli Deo Gloria! Thanks for viewing! :)

I hope he either has friends or a bigger weapon to kill that thing!

The roundness of the build is great, and I love how dark and eerie the water is. The beast is pretty impressive too!

Wow! Great atmosphere! Love the water and monster! Great base too! :classic:

Great scene! I can't remember if I saw someone using the combo of transparent and transparent black as water before but it looks great.

I already saw this on flickr and I live the somehow lively and creepy feeling of this!

Awesome build, the monsters back looks very real and makes it look as though the monster is huge :thumbup:

The Dark-Trans water looks very good and nice border. Great minifig posing and story as well :classic:

In short, great job :sweet:

Wow. Very well done! Love everything about it. The base is fantastic, and that dark, cold, ominous water is perfect. And I love the tiny little peak we get on the beast itself. It allows our imaginations run wild.

An interesting build - I like the border made from CMF stands, as well as the rock and the monster.

What I'm not so keen on is the water - it's made out of loosely arranged bricks, so it has a very similar texture to the monster's, so in that respect the build is a little bland. Maybe you could put the bricks together and keep the sprinkled-on-top 1x1 round plates where the water churns?

The dark water adds to the scene. Especially with the rainfall, it adds to the eeriness.

The back scales look great and very fitting. You didn't even have to build most of the animal and it is still impressive!

I hadn't considered using those trans black pieces (although I think LEGO calls them trans brown oddly enough) as water. I am building a Harry Potter MOC and the "black lake" was going to be blue, but I may have to switch this out since it is darker than blue. Thanks for the inspiration.

Wow excellent vignette! I wonder if he will eat it or be eat... The water effect is amazing well done!

When you look at Your work just amazed, the dark waters of the survivors look real! Another second, and the beast will jump out of the water! I liked very much!

Very, very nice! Like everyone else, I'm digging the trans black. It really creates a cloudy/stormy/night-time feel. :thumbup: