Sign in to follow this  
eurotrash

MOC: Blazing Modulars (some stupid with a flare gun)

The Soup Kitchen/Flop house I posted yesterday had a terrible incident in the early hours of the morning. Reports are still coming in, but at daybreak the locals were shocked to see their home destroyed. Police are investigating and foul play is not being ruled out.

9538597553_da863d8f81_c.jpg

The fire appears to have started in the entrance lobby and the damage on the ground floor appears extensive.

9538597209_4be729e81f_c.jpg

But it's good to see those ceiling joists - although burnt - are still supporting the upper floor.

9538597307_b82cacf9ba_c.jpg

And the roof had minor damage

9541387040_00770c39e2_c.jpg

It has been noted by several locals that the recent discussions with Phantom Brick Projects Ltd. over redevelopment plans for the area had stalled and this has police interested.

9541386866_73db294815_c.jpg

I sense a rebuilding in the near future!

Wow. Your building was excellent but now when is half destroyed looks much more realistic. I mean the way you made it burned. The use of black technic parts is genious idea and I love that broken glass. Hope the minifigures are all safe :) Now you need construction workers to rebuild it and bring the heavy machinery too. Great work eurotrash!

Oh damn I was coming in for some soup today.... When will you reopen the doors? or are you selling out to the developers?

Thanks for sharing this terrible news.... :cry_happy:

This is really nicely done! Only one suggestion - maybe replace some of the reddish brown floor tiles on the ground floor with black ones? I think the floor wouldn't have fared so well given the extensive structural damage to the ground floor!

Congrats....you've become the inspiration for an entire new lego theme...

DETROIT

Now, we need a pawn shop (American Jewelry and Loan), a bunch of minifigs loading all of the artwork from the Detroit Institute of Art onto a moving van and the old Packard Assembly Plant. You also need to draw the outline of bodies on your sidewalks and road plates.

Excellent fire damaged building 'eurotrash'.......it's perfect in your run-down city.......idea for a name........'8 Mile' ! :grin:

You need a pawnbroker, 7-11 and chop shop still.......oh, I'm full of ideas eh ? :laugh:

Keep them coming 'eurotrash' and Brick On ! :wink:

Amazing work you did! The cop should have and angry face because of all the paper work he has to do now.

and the old Packard Assembly Plant.

What about a closed up Chrysler plant too?

idea for a name........'8 Mile' ! :grin:

My first thought too.

Keep up the awesome work!

Hey! I really like both, this second one perhaps being more realistic. I'm a little surprised that the weight of those water drums on the roof didn't send them crashing down to the ground!

Joe

Good looking fire damage here (if there is such a thing), I love the broken glass effect and the use of the technic beams. And finally the LEGO police have something to do, there's enough of them about the place :tongue:

I look forward to either a grand re-opening or a fresh new building taking its place, happy building :laugh:

....maybe replace some of the reddish brown floor tiles on the ground floor with black ones?

I tried that and also replaced some of the entryway tiles with black, but the test pictures I took made the black technic beams just merge into the (now black) background and I wanted them to be obvious so I reverted to the original reddish brown color.

Congrats....you've become the inspiration for an entire new lego theme...

DETROIT

What is it with the lack of love for Detroit and St. Louis on these forums? Although 'Lego Detroit' as a 2014 theme does sound good...

I'm a little surprised that the weight of those water drums on the roof didn't send them crashing down to the ground!

I had a couple of goes at making suitably ruined Water tanks, but none of them worked - so I copped out and decided they should survive the fire intact.

I also like the Deep purple reference in the title.

The spirit of Richie Blackmore compelled me to use it!

Very well imagined and executed. I think this looks even more genuine than before the damage. :classic:

I tried that and also replaced some of the entryway tiles with black, but the test pictures I took made the black technic beams just merge into the (now black) background and I wanted them to be obvious so I reverted to the original reddish brown color.

Maybe you should not have replaced it entirely but just put a black tile or plate here and there - not to make the floor look scorched but to make an appearance of ash and soot falling from the burnt parts above.

I like stuff like this that tells a story!! The way you've created the fire damage is great.... Hope the police get to the bottom of what happened!!