9461109914_a457821914_z.jpg

21050 Architecture Studio LDD file by vynsane, on Flickr

If you're like me and can't yet afford to purchase LEGO 21050 Architecture Studio, or like to fiddle around digitally on the train, here's all 1210 pieces in a convenient LDD file!

Download Now!

For best results, follow the instructions on how to use this as a custom palette over at here. For Mac osX Lion users (and above), you'll first need to unhide the Library folder in your user profile folder to follow that procedure.

Note: I considered posting this in the "Official LEGO Sets made in LDD" topic, but it's not really a model, but just a collection of all the pieces.

Edited by vynsane

Thanks for sharing. You can use Superkalle's LDD-manager to auto generate any official set's custom palette. This good tool save me a lot of time to build official sets.

It would be nice if there is a check box to show/hide run out brick while using custom palette in next LDD version.

9543865310_b65aeaf14f.jpg

LEGO 21050 LDD-manager auto generated LXF file by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

^^ Thanks!

^ I just compiled it based on the side of the box. Besides, I have a Mac and LDD Manager only works on Windows. I have a Windows virtual machine, but I figured going by the side of the box would make me feel more assured of the accuracy. The BL inventories can sometimes be... sloppy...

Edited by vynsane

Maybe the inventories at brickset.com are better because it link to TLG customer service.

To make custom palette colse to real set, should we include all small spare parts? :) (peeron inventories with extra part?)

Edited by bbqqq

Maybe the inventories at brickset.com are better because it link to TLG customer service.

That's true. But, unfortunately, the list is often incomplete, and brickset reports how many bricks the list include comparing it to the total (example, for this set, parts 1180/1210).

To make custom palette colse to real set, should we include all small spare parts? :) (peeron inventories with extra part?)

It depends on what you want to obtain.

The extra parts (reported in bricklink's inventory too, in the column "Notes") are not part of the set, but are there usually for replacement (small parts are more easy to get lost).

If you want to build the set, there spare parts are not useful. Otherwise, if you want to reproduce the content of the box, you can include that.

I suppose having the extra pieces in 'standard' sets, where the instructions tell you to build what's on the box, is not necessary, since they are truly 'extra'. In the case of this set, however, while the extra pieces aren't included in the piece count on the box there is no 'standard' model you can build, and thus the extra pieces should be taken into account. I'll add them to my file when I can.

EDIT: Checked out the inventory on BL - there are no extra pieces yet submitted. Their inventory is obviously based on the side of the box as well. So... yeah... It's as accurate as it can be at the moment.

Edited by vynsane