Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Yeah, welcome Mr. Greeble! (what a cool username :thumbup::laugh: ) May I ask where the torso and legs are from?

I take my pics as Kai said (with the difference that I put the ISO on automatic :grin: ), with a tripod and a 2 second timer. But I have no idea how to enlighten darker spots without getting the brighter spots even brighter (I'd just take normal pictures and do it with photoshop)

I'm looking for some photography advice from one of you experts here. I just finished a build of a cave, and I'd really like to take a picture of it with the top on, and be able to see the inside without having light glare off everything else. I haven't tried anything yet, and I've been really hoping my usual method of taking pictures on a cloudy day will work, but I'm having doubts that it will work for me. Anyone's advice would be greatly appreciated!

Maybe have a white sheet/piece of paper in front of the cave and let light from above reflect off that sheet if you want to increase ligthing inside? You can experiment with different angles of the sheet/paper to get the result you want. I sometimes use this technique to modify the bounced flash to lighten some shadows in parts of my builds.

Yeah, welcome Mr. Greeble! (what a cool username :thumbup::laugh: ) May I ask where the torso and legs are from?

I take my pics as Kai said (with the difference that I put the ISO on automatic :grin: ), with a tripod and a 2 second timer. But I have no idea how to enlighten darker spots without getting the brighter spots even brighter (I'd just take normal pictures and do it with photoshop)

Thanks! The torso and legs are from the exclusive Emperor Palpatine fig, but it also comes with the Death Star Final Duel set.

I used to leave it on automatic and when it automatically went over 80 I'd take that as a sign that I needed more light. But then I discovered that by manually keeping it at 80 you can take perfectly good pictures in 120 light! Especially when you're talking the inside of a cave, that's what I'd try!

Sometimes you can just adjust the mid-tones or darker tones, but that can be sort of hit or miss. Better to take a good picture at the beginning!

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will give your suggestions a try. Hopefully I can get something figured out that works! And greetings, Mr. Greeble! It's always good to see new faces here.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will give your suggestions a try. Hopefully I can get something figured out that works! And greetings, Mr. Greeble! It's always good to see new faces here.

Greetings!

I've got two small entries waiting to be posted for the husbandry minichallenge:)

Hello all :) I'm new to the forums; but have been reading lots of the posts over the last few days, and I decided that I'd like to get involved :)

My character is 25 year old Jasper Moors, and he is a low ranking, but gifted soldier in the Avalonian military. When Jasper first came of age, he and his cousin Angus (24yrs) went on a road trip to Mitgardia; and has had the itch for adventure ever since.When he is on leave from soldiering, he helps out on his familys farm, or spends time goofing off with Angus. His father Sterling (47yrs) is a sergeant in the Avalonian Military, and as a result is often away from home. His mother Ellery (43yrs) runs the farm with the help of two hired farm hands; Wallace (66yrs) who retired from the Miltary as a bowman, and forward scout, and Gordon (58yrs), who had to leave military service after suffering devastating injuries fighting elementals. Wallace and Gordon live in a small hut on the Moors family farm, separate from the familys lodgings. Jasper is the eldest of four children; the next eldest being Elspeth (19yrs), who stays at home and looks after her siblings; Malcom (10yrs), and Isobel (8yrs).

I am still trying to pick the place where the farm is located, who wants us? :D I hope I've done this right :P

post-145144-0-36468000-1442415683_thumb.jpgpost-145144-0-47475000-1442415708_thumb.jpg

Welcome jasper!! Great to see more members!!

Have to be more active in GoH now! My new job have taken much time though!

Sure you can! Pick one of the small villages in benoic. Arth village is the village that produces the Wood in benoic. So if you are a farmer you could pick one of the others to live in. Sionnach is the main city in benoic and there is where I build so just pick one of the other villages!:)

Most welcome to benoic!!

12800452835_1e5d419f87.jpg

Here is the map

Bryn Village

Arth Village

Hen WAs village

These are the villages you can move in to!

Edited by de Gothia

The Moors family farm is located in Bryn village.They grow carrots, beets, turnips, hops, and grapes, and keep chickens, goats, and a dairy cow. They plow the fields with the aid of their draught horse Archie, and sometimes they fish the river Avonmora.

After each harvest they load their cart full of produce, and take it to town to be sold to merchants. Jasper's cousin Angus, and his father Trevor (45yrs) live just outside Arth village, in their wooden loggers cabin. Trevor is a woodcutter by trade, and has been

doing it tough since his workhorse Wilson died. He has been borrowing Archie off his brothers family to move the felled trees onto a cart for transportation to Arth. When the lumber arrives at Arth, it is inspected, graded, and sold to merchants; who move

it to building sites and other settlements. Occasionally Trevor will hunt birds with his bow, or collect mushrooms from the forest; but mostly he buys his food from Arth, or goes over to his brothers house for a meal. In his early years Trevor served in the

Avalonian military as a bowman, but conflict didn't suit him. He left the service after the end of his first conflict; a raid on a group of marauding orcs that had made camp in the forest east of Hen Was village. He prefers the quiet life; whittling toys from wood

for his niece and nephew, or going in to town for a few ales.

I'll begin work on a MOC soon for the farm, and then for the loggers cabin :)

Welcome @Jasper Moors, to our faithful Avalonia! If you are ever in danger of bandits, forest trolls, or anything else just let my Rangers know, and we'll be on the way to aid!

Edited by Windusky