Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

FIRST TASK

Avalonians! Our guild is composed of many different realms, and in these troubling times, it is necessary for each realm to muster militia at a moments notice or maintain a standing troop of soldiers. While there is a standard uniform for Avalonia's common soldiers and Army regulars, what do your troops look like, and what crest or device do they bear on their shields or tabards? How would one differentiate them in battle?

For the first task, you should provide a picture of your realm's soldiers/defenders/mercenaries, etc. I have displayed a number of different soldiers common to Avalonia in the picture below. Are your troops garbed the same, or do they display a different coat of arms or unique helm or weapon, or are they a mishmash of warriors? Remember that you should be displaying flags in the guild colors (dark green and sand green) or incorporating these colors into your uniform or standards.

avalonian_troops_lr.jpg

Front, from left to right: Avalonian common soldiers, Druids of the Mystic Isles, Avalonian Army regulars, Forest Maidens.

Rear, from left to right: Woodland protectors, Avalonian light and heavy calvary, Forestmen, Wolfpack Renegades

Is it too late to join? Need to get my act together as I am a noob when it comes to this. Let me know either way and I will get together a sigfig with a suitable backstory and a small kingdom.

Wolvarie

Welcome Wolvarie! We are in the introductory phase of Book II so you haven't missed anything yet. Just post a picture of your character and a short background or history. Feel free to complete the first task as posted above.

Great! I'll get right to work on my army. I think I'll include the Woodland Guard along with a number of other army figs. :classic:

Are those troops marching in Mitgardia? (white base plate.) :bonaparte:

I guess the brave and noble avalonian troops are marching everywhere, if they are required to.

It's so to speak on the land, to the sea and in the air.

I wonder what to do with all the Avalonian troops I have "left over" from my days in Avalonia... Bloody battle perhaps?

Time to make a new Nocty Army... Just thinking about all the possible creatures in Nocturnus really gets me excited!

I wonder what to do with all the Avalonian troops I have "left over" from my days in Avalonia... Bloody battle perhaps?

Time to make a new Nocty Army... Just thinking about all the possible creatures in Nocturnus really gets me excited!

I keep adding more races to my Nocturnus army, between Chima and Monster Fighters, it's really been multiplying. CMFs seem to be favoring Mitgardia recently (Yetis, Cyclops, Barbarians) although I'm thinking the Romans will get incorporated into my Kaliphlin army.

9822682654_68c81ae968_c.jpg

Guthric is the son of peasants that went to Circardia, seeking their fortune, shortly after it was founded. He is a forestman/ranger who guards the borders of Circardia, the road east to the Elves, and keeps watch on any outlaws in the Enchanted Forest to the west that start trouble.

I'm new to GoH, and excited about joining Avalonia and getting in on the fun. If I misunderstand anything please let me know, and I always welcome feedback on improving my MOCs, storywriting, and photography!

Ragnar

Welcome to Avalonia Ragnar! Lord Arlindus of Circardia welcomes you to patrol the borders of our fair lands. This map should help you

Circardia%20Map-M.jpg

@rougeang, looking forward to reintroducing my Phoenix Guard!

Edited by MikeyB

Wow, look at all these people joining the wrong guild. We have sunny beaches and great weather in Kaliphlin, Avalonians just have tights! Rethink your allegiances, civilization is in the South!

On another note, welcome to GOH Ragnar and Wolvarie

Edited by SkaForHire

Don't go south, come east. We are multi-cultural and we have the most fun! N-o-c-t-u-r-n-u-s! N-o-c-t-u-r-n-u-s! N-o-c-t-u-r-n-u-s!

Don't go south, come east. We are multi-cultural and we have the most fun! N-o-c-t-u-r-n-u-s! N-o-c-t-u-r-n-u-s! N-o-c-t-u-r-n-u-s!

But culture, many at that, was born in Kaliphlin. We have ancient and new knowledge, and our peoples were forging nations when Nocturnuns were first crawling out of the swamps grasping for language. If Nocturnus had anything worth taking, it may have been a nice colony...

You Kaliphlings sure due talk a lot. If you want to build with any crazy race you want, and want to have fun at the expense of the less awesome guilds, come to the Eatern powerhouse known as Nocturnus!!

Avalonia = tree hugging hippies

Kalphlin = talka, talka, talka, we are so cool, we invented so much stuff blah blah blah... no one cares... nice subliminal message though. I cracked it.

Mitgardia = cold and snowy. No thank you.

Nocturnus = mud spas, lava flows, tribes of all kinds of strange creatures and some fabulously awesome builder like LD, CBB, Torgar, lisqr, Jareth... just so many awesome sauce people. Why wouldn't you join the awesomeness there? Sure, there is a little civil war a brewing, but that will pass. NOCTURNUS! NOCTURNUS!

de Gothia, MikeyB... it's not too late, I will forgive your cowardess if you join Nocty now!

DC, I've seen your Dark Isles... I know what blackness lies in your heart. You want dark? Move to the east!!

But culture, many at that, was born in Kaliphlin. We have ancient and new knowledge, and our peoples were forging nations when Nocturnuns were first crawling out of the swamps grasping for language. If Nocturnus had anything worth taking, it may have been a nice colony...

You are both right to some extent, but Avalonia has by far the most welcoming landscape and a nice diversity of plains, forests, and islands which is the ideal fantasy land for medieval fiction.

Besides, what tune supports a 9 letter chant? :tongue:

Avalonia = Warrior Heroes, Legends, Magic, The Garden Of Historica!

Kaliphiln = Lots of talking and discussing, would rather build more library's instead of defenses etc etc

Mitgardia = Cold, Ale, gambling, brawling and bearded women.

Nocturnus = Dark, gloomy, strange smells, flying monkeys, evil...Evil...EVIL. And some Drow.

Yup, pretty much somes it up. You joined the right guild sir!

Avalonia = Warrior Heroes, Legends, Magic, The Garden Of Historica!

Just to be clear...

warrior heroes = hippies

legends = "Sir Robin"-esque tall tales of feats never actually accomplished

magic = hugs

Garden of Historica = trees

Put that together and you get hippies who love bragging about stuff they never did while hugging trees.