Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

2 minutes ago, LordBevis said:

Would this be the correct place to join Avalonia and begin what seems like a long journey of exploring Guilds of Historica? New to Eurobricks but have been stock piling figures and lego for MoCs and dioramas. 

Yes would be correct Lord Bevis, to formally join the guilds all you have to do is post an image of your sigfig and write a small bio about him/her/it. Welcome to the guilds, and I look forward to seeing your Mocs :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

Yes would be correct Lord Bevis, to formally join the guilds all you have to do is post an image of your sigfig and write a small bio about him/her/it. Welcome to the guilds, and I look forward to seeing your Mocs :thumbup:

Thank you Maestro.  Now that I know the place I think I will work on my sigfig and bio this weekend.  Much appreciated.  Already know Avalonia is the right place for me based on creeping in the bushes for a few weeks and our parts collection.

New(ish) build from me, but this time set in Kaliphlin. 

15 minutes ago, LordBevis said:

Thank you Maestro.  Now that I know the place I think I will work on my sigfig and bio this weekend.  Much appreciated.  Already know Avalonia is the right place for me based on creeping in the bushes for a few weeks and our parts collection.

Good to hear. Member are always welcome in the greatest Guild in Historica! Sounds like you will have plenty of inspiration and a good part collection is always a good start. It means you don't have to drain your wallet on bricklink.

Alright fellow Avalonians.  One last question before I put the final touches on my sig fig and intro.  This specifically applies to keeping things somewhat close to canon.  I have a theme and story that my character will be part of that goes hand in hand with creating a much larger scale diorama for me and my kids.  I feel it will give me the chances to do smaller builds and gain feedback as I build up the sections to the much larger final product.

That being said before finding Avalonia my plan and significant financial resouces went into structuring the final product around medieval figures that complimented and went hand in hand with the "lion knights themes". As you can imagine these themes do not share any back story I can find with Avalonia and their color schemes definitely do not compliment each other.

So with that being said my question is this.  Would it be considered impossible for a "domestic" force or territory that was not dark green or green at all to dwell in Avalonia?  A force whose fealty is to Avalonia and when called upon can and would muster forces under Avalonia's colors; but whose home forces or defensive forces that work to secure their territorial borders share a very different sigil or colors?

Basically the answers to this will impact how a character is introduced and where I take his story in my building process.

The lion knights theme is typically associated with Kaliphlin, so lnking your character's backstory to Kaliphlin might explain the influence of those colors.  I think it's fine for an Avalonian to have troops that use different colors at home from the Avalonian colors, but it's a little stranger for them to use colors or a sigil that is usually linked to Kaliphlin.

But, I am not an Avalonian, I'm a Kaliphlinian.  Maybe they're more picky about colors than I imagine. :laugh:

5 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

The lion knights theme is typically associated with Kaliphlin, so lnking your character's backstory to Kaliphlin might explain the influence of those colors.  I think it's fine for an Avalonian to have troops that use different colors at home from the Avalonian colors, but it's a little stranger for them to use colors or a sigil that is usually linked to Kaliphlin.

But, I am not an Avalonian, I'm a Kaliphlinian.  Maybe they're more picky about colors than I imagine. :laugh:

Thank you for this.  I familiarized myself with Avalonia's back story but not the other factions. If the Lion Knight is in direct conflict I will have to get creative then and tweak my final plan a bit but this helps thanks

As Kai said, current Lion is typically associated with Kaliphlin. Leo and classic lion themes are not as firmly linked to Kaliphlin and are a little more open to interpretation. It is perfectly gine to wrap Kaliphlin into your backstory. Your character could also live on the border of Avalonia with Kaliphlin, which good some more integration potential.

That being daid, you do need to somehow employ dark green and sand green into your characters heraldry as an Avalonian.

From my reading I am sensing GoH is on the verge of the ending of book 2. Is it okay to still claim land with the current map as is as well as to consider a contribution to the capital map etc in the near future or is it best to wait until book 3 for those specific things?

20 hours ago, LordBevis said:

From my reading I am sensing GoH is on the verge of the ending of book 2. Is it okay to still claim land with the current map as is as well as to consider a contribution to the capital map etc in the near future or is it best to wait until book 3 for those specific things?

Yes we are actually in the end of Book 2 and waiting for the last Challenge results (even if it seems obvious that Lord Ravaage is defeated and a new High king is rising : @Henjin_Quilones and @TitusV are near to have won in fact...)

We are basically waiting to see the new rules to appear but feel free to create your character before as it is not sure that Book 3 wil be ready soon. (any intel on that from leadership ?)

So don't hesitate to claim your land but be careful !

Use this updated map made by @Henjin_Quilones, if I remember, it's the most recent :

ttps://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/85920-book-ii-avalonia-guild-sign-up-and-discussion/&page=118&tab=comments#comment-2703421

30984600840_c64c4aab1c.jpgavalonia_book_ii_20161201 by Henjin_Quilones, sur Flickr

A warm welcome to the mightiest guild for our new members :grin:

I may have seemed a bit inactive latent, but don't worry, I'm still building!

On 4/6/2018 at 12:28 PM, LordBevis said:

Looking to claim the following area in Avalonia.  Claimed as "Riin"

Please let me know if any issues and if the photo is clear.  My paint skills are not strong.  The dot off the coast was me claiming the spec of an island as part of; if allowed.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/150574863@N04/4NW3LS

I think I've got a good idea of what you are claiming. I'll add it to my unofficial map as soon as you post an official intro with sigfig and backstory. Welcome, again!

40 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

I think I've got a good idea of what you are claiming. I'll add it to my unofficial map as soon as you post an official intro with sigfig and backstory. Welcome, again!

Hoping to have chapter 1 done this week. We shall see I was hoping this weekend but sick kids easily distracted from building.  But the moc is 3/4 done thanks for letting me know.

16 hours ago, LordBevis said:

Hoping to have chapter 1 done this week. We shall see I was hoping this weekend but sick kids easily distracted from building.  But the moc is 3/4 done thanks for letting me know.

The official intro does not need to be a build, by the way. It can be simply a picture of your sigfig against a plain background, with some accompanying text (even just a sentence or two, like: "This is Bob the Avalonian, and he is a simple farmer who aspires to great deeds one day. He lives on a small pig farm near the edge of the Mystic Isles and is fascinated by the legends surrounding them."). 

42 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

The official intro does not need to be a build, by the way. It can be simply a picture of your sigfig against a plain background, with some accompanying text (even just a sentence or two, like: "This is Bob the Avalonian, and he is a simple farmer who aspires to great deeds one day. He lives on a small pig farm near the edge of the Mystic Isles and is fascinated by the legends surrounding them."). 

Thanks Henjin.  I will introduce him this week then.  He is already built just his story will affect his appears fairly early on in his story development but I see no harm in introducing him early and being vague about his intro.  Cheers

Hello there guys!

I know, I've been quite inactive lately, but after spending the whole day building (which was a first time touching my bricks in about a month), I felt like posting in my favoured forum again. Life has been very busy lately, but I missed you all (and especially the good old thrashtalking, anyone wanting to say that Avalonia's not the coolest guild? :tongue:) (just kidding there, I miss the sudden late-night bursts of inspiration which the Guilds used to kindle even more).

Seems like you too have been a bit silent, has everyone gone active or are we all just preparing for Book III? (speaking of which, any news of that?)

See you

I cannot build anything at the moment (and probably not for another 2 months) because of school, but I am looking forward to book III! When I joined GoH it seemed like the Avalonia book II challenges were already completed, so I didn't get a chance to do any of those.

Avalonia is not the coolest guild.

'Nough said.

Yea - what can we give them, say maybe third coolest?  Or maybe fourth coolest...

Oh wait, forgot about Valyrio :laugh: :tongue:

Hey guys come on, no need to put us down. Just because because your guilds can't grow proper trees :laugh: 

Up Avalonia!