Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

2 hours ago, MiloNelsiano said:

I’ve got a large WiP right now, would be 6-8 baseplates when finished, but I might get distracted by some other ideas I have rolling around

Wow, can't wait to see it!

Meanwhile, here is a WIP:

25444713448_96c640281e_k.jpgWIP by KevinyWu, on Flickr

The red and white on the front of the ship is just there as a filler, I will need to order those pieces in reddish brown/dark brown.

On 12/25/2017 at 4:30 AM, Rogue Angel said:

It has been a while since we've had a round of updates, and this is the perfect time of year for a lot of people to have a little free time. Please post if you are still active in GoH, what guild you are still a member of, and what you are currently working on that's Guild (or just Lego (or non-Lego if you just have no time to build right now)) related.

I don't know if I can claim to be active, exactly, but I certainly do keep up-to-date on what's being posted in the forum!  Haven't built anything for GoH for quite a while though - I really should get back to my storyline, which is almost finished, but I've been procrastinating on that for probably over a year now!  I do hope to get an entry in for the Safe Haven contest.

Right now I'm working on building a LEGO treehouse.  I've also got a couple other WIPs on the back burner, too lazy to take pictures right now though.  I'm always building, as those who follow my Flickr know!

Oh, and I'm a member of the great guild of Kaliphlin!  (Down with the DK!  Ulandus forever!) :tongue:

I'm still around too, though I haven't had the chance to build for the Guilds much lately.  I do have a storyline going that I started fairly recently too, and have a good bit more planned for, but I'm not sure when I'll get the time to actually concentrate on it for a bit... And, of course, I'm a Mitgardian through and through! :grin:

I have been building quite a bit for the Brethren of the Brick Seas recently, though, and have another build for that in the works right now.  I do mean to do my best to get an entry or two in for the Safe Haven challenge, though!

@KevinyWu, that Wip's looking quite promising!  The rock arch is great (rock arches always are :laugh:), and I quite like your technique for slanting the sides of the ship.  Looking forward to seeing it finished!

2 hours ago, Garmadon said:

I have been building quite a bit for the Brethren of the Brick Seas recently, though, and have another build for that in the works right now.  I do mean to do my best to get an entry or two in for the Safe Haven challenge, though!

I just read more about the safe haven challenge. I had no idea a ship was a category, but it is! Hopefully I will finish in time for the deadline (I won't have much build time after school starts January 4). But first I need to get 3 more free builds in! 

By the way, your "Midnight Mist" ship I recently saw on Flickr is great! I like the sails especially.

Unfourtuantly I have not been very active on the guilds, due to lazyness :sceptic:, but I look foward to returing and seeing some new builds and posting my own (of which I have a couple lined up, ready to post on here). At the moment I am about to take apart my latest build that you can see on my flickr and then I look foward to maybe building one more Moc before I go on holiday from the 3rd to the 20th. Then I will back in full swing :thumbup:

@KevinyWu Looks good dude, I suggest adding vines to that arch and maybe make that island on the left a little less symetrical.

And of course UP AVALONIA

Happy newyear guys!

I'm still active in the guilds (more or less, at least). Of course expanding the power of mighty Avalonia! :grin:

It's been a while I've posted anything, but I'm working on something bigger so that should be solved soon(ish)!

That WIP is looking very promising for sure, though I second the Maestro about the symmetric island...

Haven't been as active as I like recently, due to college, and then competing in the Colossal Castle Contest.Though I do have some builds from that for the guilds, just waiting to be posted.

Also have plans for some new ones (need to finish Age of Mitgardia finally :laugh:), and some Safe Haven stuff to do as well.

Naturally I am still a Mitgardian :dsweet:

I'm still alive and well, and still Avalonian, too! I always tend to take some time off from LEGO around the holidays, due to time with family and travel, but I have some builds sitting around that need photography (once the weather gets above freezing again, hopefully) and then I can take them apart and build something new, too. 

Most of you have probably already seen these, but Henjin_Quilones informed me that it would be a good idea to post my Avalonia builds on the guild topic, as well as my sigfig introduction, so here they are:

Sigfig introduction: 

Eryos Castle, the residency of my sigfig: 

Eryosmith Band: 

Journey to Eryos, intro to my second character: 

Some great looking builds, everyone. Keep it up! I'm happy to announce were officially in our new home, with a dedicated Lego room (half of a room anyway). We still have a lot of unpacking to do, so I won't have a huge amount of building time for a while, but i have started a new project (since my large diorama WIP didn't really survive the move). Unfortunately we won't have internet for the next two weeks, which means I won't be uploading any pictures for a while, so I guess I missed out on the current challenge. Hopefully I'll be back around more often very soon!

5 hours ago, MiloNelsiano said:

Some great looking builds, everyone. Keep it up! I'm happy to announce were officially in our new home, with a dedicated Lego room (half of a room anyway). We still have a lot of unpacking to do, so I won't have a huge amount of building time for a while, but i have started a new project (since my large diorama WIP didn't really survive the move). Unfortunately we won't have internet for the next two weeks, which means I won't be uploading any pictures for a while, so I guess I missed out on the current challenge. Hopefully I'll be back around more often very soon!

A pity of that huge WIP, it looked quite promising. Well, looking forward to the new MOC, glad you're back to building!

It is amazing how much the Guilds slow down right after a contest deadline passes...

It is a time for dismantling and sorting, and then building things anew! I've got more adventures in Bandari and Mwamba planned, and started. I am looking forward to seeing what other people build based off of other new lands!

Trying to get building time is frustrating for me.  My job soaks some 60+ hours a week on good weeks, and then trying to keep up the house, dogs, and family... I actually counted and average about 1 hour of build time a month.  Good news is I've been collecting pieces.  Bad news is I've been trying to build a small house for over a year now and it's not quite done yet.  I have given up on trying to make contest schedules and am simply trying to get a single build done for my storyline.  Soccerkid6 has been great with some advice on microscale, so I think I'm going to take a shot at that after my current build; hopefully it will be less time consuming.  It is nice to see what everyone else builds--it's so inspiring!

As a student, I don't have that much time to build at all. I had to stay up super late to get by Challenge V entry in, because my high school is notorious in this area for giving tons of homework. I also have to fund my own hobby, and for that I work as a lifeguard. But I can only work about 4 hours a week with the time restrictions. That being said, I probably won't have anything new until the summer, after Brickworld Chicago, where I plan on displaying my current builds! But I look forward to seeing all the great creations everyone else will come up with! 

I have had it pretty good the last two years with school, however the last three years are where the actual testing begins, so I am afraid I am plagued with homework. Combine all this with the Hockey season starting and I am a little bit stretched to find building time. Once I get a handle on this I should be right, and you might start seeing my builds appear again :wacko:

Edited by The Maestro

6 hours ago, KevinyWu said:

after Brickworld Chicago, where I plan on displaying my current builds!

@Garmadon and I will be at BW Chicago too! :wink:

Sadly I'll be leaving my bricks behind in March for a few months but you all might see something from the two of us before then!  It's been a long time since I've done a GoH build though!

Awesome! I haven't signed up for Brickworld yet, but I will soon enough. Hopefully I can see you guys! Have you been to Brickworld before? It will be my first convention.

1 hour ago, KevinyWu said:

Awesome! I haven't signed up for Brickworld yet, but I will soon enough. Hopefully I can see you guys! Have you been to Brickworld before? It will be my first convention.

Nope, it'll be our first convention too! :grin:  (Garmadon and I are siblings btw.)  Looking forward to seeing your builds in real life!

Not looking forward to packing my MOCs on a plane... are you going to bring some of your BoBS MOCs?

Is there a different thread to talk about conventions, by the way?

On 2/10/2018 at 11:43 PM, KevinyWu said:

Not looking forward to packing my MOCs on a plane... are you going to bring some of your BoBS MOCs?

Is there a different thread to talk about conventions, by the way?

Sometimes as the time gets closer someone will start a thread about a specific convention.

No, I probably won't be bringing any BoBS MOCs although I definitely plan on bringing some MOCs.  But I live in South America so I really can't bring much. :laugh:  I completely expect my creations to be utterly destroyed on the plan ride. :tongue:

Would this be the correct place to join Avalonia and begin what seems like a long journey of exploring Guilds of Historica? New to Eurobricks but have been stock piling figures and lego for MoCs and dioramas.