Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

8 hours ago, TitusV said:

The problem's not really that we have a full team, because if more people join we can always make two teams! :grin:

I see another difficulty though: I don't think LDD is allowed...

I'm okay building in real bricks. I mean, my character intro here was made from real bricks. I just feel more comfortable building in LDD, but I'm willing to step out of my comfort zone and try real brick building on a larger scale for once.

49 minutes ago, Brandon Stark said:

I'm okay building in real bricks. I mean, my character intro here was made from real bricks. I just feel more comfortable building in LDD, but I'm willing to step out of my comfort zone and try real brick building on a larger scale for once.

Great!

So, we're five now. Is anyone else willing to enter our teams?

@Brandon Stark, @Henjin_Quilones, @The Maestro and @ZlatanXVIGustaf

Hello there guys,

You all volunteered for a job in Avalonian Summer Joust team. Quite surprisingly, we're five (and maybe more people will join in), so we'll have to make two teams.

Who's gonna be in which team? At the moment, we will have two split 2-3...

When this is done, every team can create it's own channel, (I would have set up a PM thread for this as well, but I cna only add 3 other people...)

I'm really excited guys, let's have a blast :moar: 

Regards,

Titus 

12 minutes ago, TitusV said:

Great!

So, we're five now. Is anyone else willing to enter our teams?

@Brandon Stark, @Henjin_Quilones, @The Maestro and @ZlatanXVIGustaf

Hello there guys,

You all volunteered for a job in Avalonian Summer Joust team. Quite surprisingly, we're five (and maybe more people will join in), so we'll have to make two teams.

Who's gonna be in which team? At the moment, we will have two split 2-3...

When this is done, every team can create it's own channel, (I would have set up a PM thread for this as well, but I cna only add 3 other people...)

I'm really excited guys, let's have a blast :moar: 

Regards,

Titus 

Dibs on @The Maestro! Then we can texture walls up like no one's business! And anyone else, too, but we already share some stylistic tendencies, making it easier to match for the contest.

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

5 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Dibs on @The Maestro! Then we can texture walls up like no one's business! And anyone else, too, but we already share some stylistic tendencies, making it easier to match for the contest.

Would like to join you two masterbuilders! Textured walls are right up my ally!

Looks like HQ, ZG and Me in one and Titus and Brandon in the other. How does that stand with you guys?

20 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

Looks like HQ, ZG and Me in one and Titus and Brandon in the other. How does that stand with you guys?

I'm good with that, too!

23 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

Works fine for me!

1 hour ago, The Maestro said:

That's fine with me.

On 01/05/2017 at 11:04 AM, TitusV said:

Hello there Avalonians!

It's Summer Joust time again :wink: Last year an Avalonian team consisting of MiloNelsiano, The Maestro, Lego Eomer and myself got a honorable mention in the group category.

This year, we want to do better! So, who's in to make a super-duper-amazing castle in the typical style of our guild?

For Avalonian!

~The Maestro and TitusV

@Henjin_Quilones @The Maestro @Brandon Stark @ZlatanXVIGustaf

hey guys, just reading this. would be great to be in with you, but I can barely find time for building :cry_sad: I'll try to enter the Summer Joust with one single build, but not even sure about that :cry_sad::cry_sad:

you guys go ahead and represent Avalonia well. Long live the Dragons!

On 2017-5-8 at 11:18 PM, en_zoo said:

@Henjin_Quilones @The Maestro @Brandon Stark @ZlatanXVIGustaf

hey guys, just reading this. would be great to be in with you, but I can barely find time for building :cry_sad: I'll try to enter the Summer Joust with one single build, but not even sure about that :cry_sad::cry_sad:

you guys go ahead and represent Avalonia well. Long live the Dragons!

We'd still love it to have you in our team, even if it is for just a small build...

On 10/05/2017 at 1:56 PM, TitusV said:

We'd still love it to have you in our team, even if it is for just a small build...

Thanks Titus. I'm sorry, I don't feel like committing as I might have to call it off later on, which would be disappointing for everyone including myself. I currently have a WIP on a new chapter of my story which I have to finish so that I can use the bricks for something else. Then I'll try and enter the Summer Joust, but to do all this I have 'only' a month and a half.. *huh* which means I'll do it alone, so if I can't make it no one loses anything (except me, that is) ^^

Thanks for the push though. I do hope that my life and job will stabilise at some point! :tongue:

14 minutes ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

That does sound nice...

lol it does, right? xD

26 minutes ago, en_zoo said:

Thanks Titus. I'm sorry, I don't feel like committing as I might have to call it off later on, which would be disappointing for everyone including myself. I currently have a WIP on a new chapter of my story which I have to finish so that I can use the bricks for something else. Then I'll try and enter the Summer Joust, but to do all this I have 'only' a month and a half.. *huh* which means I'll do it alone, so if I can't make it no one loses anything (except me, that is) ^^

Thanks for the push though. I do hope that my life and job will stabilise at some point! :tongue:

Well, good luck than! Maybe next year...

10 minutes ago, TitusV said:

Well, good luck than! Maybe next year...

hehe I hope so :tongue: and good luck to you guys for the Summer Joust! ^

Great to see you guys defending the colours of our mighty guild!

A sneak peak of a castle I´m currently editing the pics of

34759213591_eccccfa787.jpg

Edited by de Gothia

Looks great dG!  Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Though the war is over, people don't feel safe yet. That's why the Lord of Dragonstone, @Brandon Stark, has ordered his vassals to construct a sery of castles on strategic positions. 

35548938235_6c640ac524_b.jpg

Every one of them is equiped with a moat.

34707812644_c4205c2824_b.jpg

So the enemy will drown while the garrison is sure to sit high and dry.

35162071430_b98666a8cb_b.jpg

Also, new roads are constructed with grind, sand and stone to allow easy transportation of armies.

35510143086_7a7df8a60f_b.jpg

Like this the local farmers will feel much more ensured!

35162073720_83c486278c_b.jpg

---------------

Built for the International Cartoon Festival of Knokke-Heist, Belgium. This year's theme is science and technology, hence the castle-under-construction. Since I'm not very happe with the level of the build, and the images are even shittier, I figured it didn't deserve it's own topic. Still, I'm reasonably content with the final result considering it was built in less then 12 hours :grin: It did feel strangely refreshing to use so little texture...

Edited by TitusV

I think you're too hard on yourself, Titus. I've really enjoyed your build, especially the sequences with all the activities going on. As for the texture, if you mean the one on the wall, that's exctly how I like it. If you mean the one on the gorund, then yes, as you say, it's just a little :tongue:

I quite like it averall and I'm quite impressed you managed in 12 hours!

Quite cool, Titus! :thumbup:  The crane and road work are great, and the roofing going on is just ingenious!  I'll totally steal borrow that if I ever get a chance! :grin: