Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Can I build in LDD, and is it frowned upon? I've seen many LDD builds, and I thinking I could use them for some of my larger builds.

Not going to lie, I really dislike LDD builds, virtual LEGO vs real LEGO the real deal just looks so much better to me. At the same time I can understand a small brick pool / no acces to your bricks / no bricks at all can be a problem, I started to MOC since 2015 and spend what now seems like an absurd amount to me on bricks last year and still have a small very limited collection, so I can also understand money being an issue as well.

LDD builds are allowed, and there have been some pretty sweet ones here over the years :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Sure you can use LDD. But some contests and some challenges sometimes are not allowing LDD builds.

And if you're limited in pieces you can totally build micro scale builds too !

You don't need to build huge stuff, the quality matters too.

Thanks for the answers. I'm not going to build in LDD all the time, just when I need to build something large. I will still try to use real lego bricks in most of my builds.

Thanks for the answers. I'm not going to build in LDD all the time, just when I need to build something large. I will still try to use real lego bricks in most of my builds.

Great! Tough we accept LDD, it is hard to get MOCs as good as in team bricks... But get a look at some of KolonialBeamter's MOCs

Has anyone else seen pictures of the upcoming CMF series 16? I for one am particularly excited for the Rogue figure, he would be perfect for a wolfrider, or for anyone who has a wolf-based army unit (Wolf Pack or otherwise). There is a Arabain knight for the Kaliphlin folks, an ice queen for the Mitgardians (though she looks a bit Algus-y), and a vampire-ish goth and a winged red demon trick-or-treater for the Nocturnians to play around with.

They are rumored to be out in September, but over on BrickSet they are saying that folks have been seeing them out already, as TLG apparently wants to be emphasizing the Disney CMF line alongside the Disney Cinderella's/DisneyWorld Castle launch.

Someone has posted pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/b3YxM, if you want to take a look. I'm hoping to get a decent number of those Rogues when I see them out in my area stores.

Yes, those Rogues look amazing :wub: I'm a bit disappointed with the Arabian Knight, but at least he comes with a new colored turban.

Hello Avalonians. I am new to Eurobricks, and, GOH, but after some reading I decided to join Avalonia. As of right now, I don't have my camera or bricks with me, as I am in the stage of moving. However, can I still "claim land", and post my sig fig intro before I have access to pictures?

As I can see, someone was kind enough to make an updated map, so can I make my claim on that blank space between Farrveil, Ardor, and Panik, as a place called Lys? If not, can I claim the piece of land between Occidens, Ardor, and Hesperia?

Lastly, could someone explain me that basics of Avalonia, like the history and stuff? Thank you.

Hi Brandon, welcome to Avalonia :classic: I am very new here as well, so am not too sure about the answers to some of your questions, such as land claims and LDD. I did find reading through a lot of the earlier Avalonian threads was a great way to learn about the lore. There was an Avalonian civil war that was introduced after the initial story. I look forward to seeing your builds.

Sorry for the multi-post, but I also wanted to add a big thank you for your kind words about my Challenge 3 entry. :classic: I am so glad I found GoH, it's been a great creative outlet so far and I love seeing all the amazing creations by other members.

Henjin - do you mean that you also planned to have orcs and bad stuff on your eastern frontier? Or asking if you should put them in? Please don't feel you have to change any of your plans or story because of what is happening in Faer-o-dur. I will probably be building a lot slower than you because of family and work. If you did plan to put them there though, what an amazing coincidence!! :sweet: Maybe in the future our elves can team up to battle them!!! :grin:

Henjin - do you mean that you also planned to have orcs and bad stuff on your eastern frontier? Or asking if you should put them in? Please don't feel you have to change any of your plans or story because of what is happening in Faer-o-dur. I will probably be building a lot slower than you because of family and work. If you did plan to put them there though, what an amazing coincidence!! :sweet: Maybe in the future our elves can team up to battle them!!! :grin:

The orcs were going to live somewhere, I just did not quite know where to put them. They are now on the eastern frontier due to the proximity to your orcs; you simply gave me a reason to put them there as opposed to somewhere else. The elves in my realm will certainly be battling them, when the orcs decide to rise up out of the prolonged period of peace that has been the order of the day in Hesperia. There are lots of moving pieces (it's a brick pun) in my story, involving orcs, elves, dwarves, humans, and lava creatures from a volcano rising in the sea off the coast. Maybe more, too, but I have not yet discovered them. I just need my bricks back.

And when the day of battle comes, Hesperia would be proud to fight beside the elves of Faer-o-dur.

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Has anyone else seen pictures of the upcoming CMF series 16? I for one am particularly excited for the Rogue figure, he would be perfect for a wolfrider, or for anyone who has a wolf-based army unit (Wolf Pack or otherwise). There is a Arabain knight for the Kaliphlin folks, an ice queen for the Mitgardians (though she looks a bit Algus-y), and a vampire-ish goth and a winged red demon trick-or-treater for the Nocturnians to play around with.

They are rumored to be out in September, but over on BrickSet they are saying that folks have been seeing them out already, as TLG apparently wants to be emphasizing the Disney CMF line alongside the Disney Cinderella's/DisneyWorld Castle launch.

Someone has posted pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/b3YxM, if you want to take a look. I'm hoping to get a decent number of those Rogues when I see them out in my area stores.

The pirate may also be helpful, the striped legs especially for avalonians (Although it looks rather like the ankh morpork city watch or some green romans or something like that) I may cut away the face obscuring part of the rogue's hood to have an "assasins creed style" hood!

Columbus

Hey guys! I haven't been active in the past couple of weeks, and that's because my summer's been full of stuff. I hope to get back soon, and when I do, my new build will be posted. ;)

We finally moved into our new house over the weekend, so now begins the long unpack, but I at least can see and touch my bricks again. Now I just need to clear enough space and begin the long process of reorganizing everything, as it is a bit jumbled up. But look for a formal introduction of Henjin Quilones and his company soon! And then the builds should begin to follow, time and family allowing.

would there be a specific name for mitguardian raiders eg: vikings etc or should I just call them mitguardian raiders?

Thanks

Columbus

would there be a specific name for mitguardian raiders eg: vikings etc or should I just call them mitguardian raiders?

Thanks

Columbus

I would erase the 'u'. If it's just about some scoundrels who appear to be native mitgardians, yes, mitgardian raiders is fine.

Edited by Jacob Nion

I would erase the 'u'. If it's just about some scoundrels who appear to be native mitgardians, yes, mitgardian raiders is fine.

Thanks, sorry for the misspelling

Also, here is a map of Sardonica. To the north is Mitguardia and to the south, the rest of Avalonia.

800x600.jpg

Columbus

Edited by Columbus019

Also, here is a map of Sardonica. To the north is Mitguardia and to the south, the rest of Avalonia.

Columbus

Very impressive map! How did you make it?

Very impressive map! How did you make it?

Thank you BrickCurve, I used a free online software called Inkarnate with which you can create custom maps quite easily.

Columbus

Thank you BrickCurve, I used a free online software called Inkarnate with which you can create custom maps quite easily.

Columbus

OK, thanks, I will look into it.

Have you mentioned the software in Interactive GOH map (discussion)? It might be just what we need for an easy to create map.

Edited by BrickCurve

I'm going to try putting something up but I have my second to last set of exams over the next 3 weeks so practically any building I do will be planning on LDD

At long last, I would like to introduce my official sigfig, Henjin Quilones, Knight of Stangraf:

28716143426_d957465496_c.jpg

Henjin has been a knight for a while, ever since he passed the trials, but he is new to the world of Historica. While full details of his arrival will be told later on in the second chapter of The Chronicles of Hesperia (once it gets built, that is), suffice it to say now that he was the cause of the fiery streak in the sky in the first chapter witnessed by Galaria, the elven princess. He arrived with a band of loyal companions (who will also hopefully be posted soon) who have served with Henjin and his brother, another knight named Bu'kanjin, in many battles in many lands. They were drawn by the mystical power of the ancient druids, who left behind ruins imbued with deep magics that can penetrate the depths of the cosmos.

Henjin is adept with both the longsword and the bow, and soon after his arrival in the Kingdom of Hesperia in the Guild of Avalonia he met and tamed a wolf to be his steed, in the manner of the elven wolfriders. The white wolf, Skoll, never leaves his side and is as fearless in battle as his master. They serve the elvenking of Hesperia, Fingolë the Golden, together with his daughter, Galaria.

Man, it feels good to have the bricks back.

Welcome to Avalonia! It's funny how you were the first to welcome me and now I am I first to welcome you. Anyways, I hope to see The Chronicles of Hesperia and Hesperia in general in the future.

Welcome to Avalonia! It's funny how you were the first to welcome me and now I am I first to welcome you. Anyways, I hope to see The Chronicles of Hesperia and Hesperia in general in the future.

Well, technically I was welcomed a month and a half ago for the first time when I expressed interest in joining, and then a month ago when I posted a sidekick-fig, and now again with my official sigfig, which I can finally post since I am finally moved into my new house and unpacking my bricks for the first time in months. But thank you for your welcome! After sorting through the mess of half-disassembled spaceships and castles and organizing and fully disassembling I will be able to attempt some builds of a decent size. It is a daunting task, but worth it, I hope, in the end.