Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

That's a nice team you have here !

I like Bolf, the chef a lot ! Perhaps he was a former Wolfpack member in an other life... ;p

I really like the work you put down into the map Keter!! I´m with Titus on the colour of our guild.

My latest freebuild is up

Gorgious build de Gothia, looks wonderful :classic:

Second Task entry:

Harkenshire is always accompanied by Ciaran, his Master Cartographer, Logan, former battlefield surgeon and doctor and Bolf, chef and hunter of the party. They all play key roles when on expeditions and in ruins and dungeons

Nice crew with interesting different roles :classic:

I'd like to (re)introduce my character to Avalonia and Historica, William Harkenshire, Lord of Panik. Occasional tinkerer and adventurer, Lord Harkenshire was the first to pledge allegiance to Avalonia and served under Artorius Rex in the Flight of Dragons (front row of the sigfig group photo) as well as the first iteration of the Assassin Guild under Zakon.

ayywebak.jpg

Titles gained in Book I:

Lord High Executioner

Siege Expert

Champion Of Avalonia

High King Of The Elves

Lord Of Panik

Panik is also missing from the current maps, or I'm just blind. I think the original had numbered allotments, hence why it was 12 on the list of locations. I also forgot to put in a standard, just imagine its behind the tree

Welcome back!

The Guilds have been so lively as of late! I'm loving it!

Hello Avalonians. I am new to Eurobricks, and, GOH, but after some reading I decided to join Avalonia. As of right now, I don't have my camera or bricks with me, as I am in the stage of moving. However, can I still "claim land", and post my sig fig intro before I have access to pictures?

As I can see, someone was kind enough to make an updated map, so can I make my claim on that blank space between Farrveil, Ardor, and Panik, as a place called Lys? If not, can I claim the piece of land between Occidens, Ardor, and Hesperia?

Lastly, could someone explain me that basics of Avalonia, like the history and stuff? Thank you.

Hello Avalonians. I am new to Eurobricks, and, GOH, but after some reading I decided to join Avalonia. As of right now, I don't have my camera or bricks with me, as I am in the stage of moving. However, can I still "claim land", and post my sig fig intro before I have access to pictures?

As I can see, someone was kind enough to make an updated map, so can I make my claim on that blank space between Farrveil, Ardor, and Panik, as a place called Lys? If not, can I claim the piece of land between Occidens, Ardor, and Hesperia?

Lastly, could someone explain me that basics of Avalonia, like the history and stuff? Thank you.

Welcome to Avalonia! I was in the exact same boat a month ago, with all of my bricks packed up in the middle of a move. I still do not have access to most of them, but I bought more to cope with the lack...

As to the claiming of territory, it is my understanding that you must post a sigfig picture before officially claiming land (I slightly circumvented this by posting a fig pic to be changed later, once I get the rest of my minifigs and bricks from storage). Claims are thus unofficial until the sigfig posting is made (though you can still hang around and participate) and you are not considered an official member of Avalonia until you have a sigfig, either. Hopefully your sundering from your bricks is short term! Both sections of land you noted are still available, fyi.

As to the history of Avalonia, it is recommended that you read the first page of this thread, particularly the first posting by RogueAngel. Other than that, for Avalonian history, it seems to be up to you what you want it to be in your little territory, as long as it does not contradict the general history of everything. The other guilds have histories, too, that intersect with the history of Avalonia, so it is often worthwhile to read their intro pages too. I went back and read the stories from Book I and the beginnings of Book II that are posted as links on the first page, as well, as a way of getting a feel for the landscape, if you will. But I would not worry too much if you do not have the time to do so; just start building in your area, making your own story, and read the posts of others who are currently building, to see what their stories do. You can contact others to build collaboratively, or you can build solo.

Anyway, again, welcome!

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Ok. Thank you for the information. I think I will post my sig fig in LDD first and change it later when I have access to my Lego bricks.

When claiming land, is it possible to claim places that are a bit far from each other? I see both Alaveria and Ambalar have land on both Mystic Isles and Enchanted Forest, but places I'm planning to claim are a bit further than each other compared to those.

It is possible, I suppose, but I would be careful about claiming geographically separate lands, as it will then be difficult to justify them being the same realm. And you should really probably just concentrate on one patch to be your own. Alaveria and Ambalar are different in that their island and mainland portions are contiguous, separated by only a small channel of water. But I could be wrong. The powers that be are the ones who would know best.

Welcome to the guilds, by the way!

Brandon Stark

28044485420_77499420f8.jpgBrandon_Stark by Brandon Stark, on Flickr

Here is my temporary sig fig, made using LDD. I will most likely change it later. Henjin, can you add Lys to the map, please? Refer to my older posts to see where I want it located. I will post my sig fig backstory later.

Edited by Brandon Stark

Brandon Stark

28044485420_77499420f8.jpgBrandon_Stark by Brandon Stark, on Flickr

Here is my temporary sig fig, made using LDD. I will most likely change it later. Henjin, can you add Lys to the map, please? Refer to my older posts to see where I want it located. I will post my sig fig backstory later.

Will do!

*Edit: Did!

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Welcome Brandon! You joined the best guild! It seems we happen to have the same name.

Edited by LegoEomer

Thank you Henjin for adding Lys to the map. I can't wait to start building, once I get my bricks back.

Welcome Brandon! You joined the best guild! It seems we happen to have the same name.

It's really a coincidence. I didn't mean to take your sig fig's first name. "Brandon Stark" is a somewhat generic name from Game of Thrones and A Song of Ice and Fire. I thought it would fit very well into the medieval setting of Guilds of Historica. Plus, Brandon is a real life name.

Edited by Brandon Stark

Welcome Brandon Stark (lol, started rereading the Song of Ice and Fire this evening :wink: ). May you become known as "Brandon The Builder" :laugh:

As for your questions: Henjin did a pretty good job.

@Henjin: great job! :wink:

Thank you Henjin for adding Lys to the map. I can't wait to start building, once I get my bricks back.

You are welcome!

As for your questions: Henjin did a pretty good job.

@Henjin: great job! :wink:

Thanks! I try.

I would really like to know my neighbors. Who are the Lords of Ardor, Farrveil, and Panik?

I would really like to know my neighbors. Who are the Lords of Ardor, Farrveil, and Panik?

Brandon, here are your neighbors:

I'd like to (re)introduce my character to Avalonia and Historica, William Harkenshire, Lord of Panik. Occasional tinkerer and adventurer, Lord Harkenshire was the first to pledge allegiance to Avalonia and served under Artorius Rex in the Flight of Dragons (front row of the sigfig group photo) as well as the first iteration of the Assassin Guild under Zakon.

ayywebak.jpg

Titles gained in Book I:

Lord High Executioner

Siege Expert

Champion Of Avalonia

High King Of The Elves

Lord Of Panik

Panik is also missing from the current maps, or I'm just blind. I think the original had numbered allotments, hence why it was 12 on the list of locations. I also forgot to put in a standard, just imagine its behind the tree

HI! I'd like to join Avalonia. Here is my entry for task 1:

IMG_3172%252520copy.jpg

The armored soldier in the middle will be one of my main characters, espically for contests/challenges that require someone of high rank.

Here is my entry for task 2:

IMG_3174%252520copy.jpg

My main character is going to be the pig farmer, and his best friend is the archer to the right.

And for task 3:

avalonia_book_ii_20150830.jpg

My small village & settlement is called Farrveil. It is a very wet area, with lots of waterfalls and rivers, very good for agriculture.

If I'm doing anything wrong, please tell me, I don't completely understand this yet. :blush:

Thank you,

Here is Lord Faladrin of Falahuas :

21450491944_fb3916ffa5_z.jpgFaladrin 03 by Thomas LOUYOT, sur Flickr

He had to leave his lands since the murder of his father in strange conditions.

When he was escaping in the Enchanted Forest, while hunting for food, he was the target of strange insect creatures in the deep woods.

He was hit by a poisonnous arrow and was nearly to die.

But a shadow appeared and spread out the creatures. It appeared it was an elf woman called Wallaehria, high priestess of the woods and princess of her clan.

She saved Faladrin and healed him just in time. They fall in love and they got married rapidly.

Some years passed and Faladrin learned many from the elves.

He had to raise the arms in the moment of the drows' attack to defend the territory of the elvish clan lead by his father-in-law.

Unfortunally, the battle went wrong and the father of Wallaehria got killed.

Faladrin saved the rest of his troups made by an alliance of his men and the elfs. He became Consort Prince as Wallaehria was crowned Princess of the territory of the Falahuas clan.

Actually, Faladrin is trying to rebuild the damages and is trying to rally some troups to claim properly this lands as a real principality : Falahuas is raising.

Gids, Henjin, how did you find these intro-posts so fast? The Avalonian thread is a real jungle :wink:

Gids, Henjin, how did you find these intro-posts so fast? The Avalonian thread is a real jungle :wink:

It is a jungle, I agree, but I have already navigated it several times putting together the map, so it was less onerous for me than it could have been.

Task 1

27762478743_24ff2b77d0_z.jpg

A sampling of the armies of Panik, standard swordsmen, crossbowmen and spear/axe units.

28095802760_e913d1f98d_z.jpg

The peacekeeping and recon units, charged with maintaining order within Panik's walls.

Side question; is rogueang going to update the first post with new member and map information or is it more down to memory and other members to do it?

Thank you Henjin for finding all those character introductions. You did a good job.

Edited by Brandon Stark

28095802760_e913d1f98d_z.jpg

The peacekeeping and recon units, charged with maintaining order within Panik's walls.

Side question; is rogueang going to update the first post with new member and map information or is it more down to memory and other members to do it?

I love that bat-man!

I think the answer to the side question is yes all around. Rogue will update the information at some point, once he finds a modicum of time in his busy 2-kids-and-a-house-and-a-full-time-job world. From my inspection, it seems that the page was last updated comprehensively last August, so perhaps some time in the next month it might happen again. In the meantime, I put together the updated map so that people would experience less confusion going forward, and hopefully to provide some help to Rogue when he does get around to the official update.

Can I build in LDD, and is it frowned upon? I've seen many LDD builds, and I thinking I could use them for some of my larger builds.