Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Welcome to newcomers and those who are returning too! Good to see Avalonia as lively as ever.

And if you are wondering, the Trifork is not entirely dead yet - and something is coming... *que dramatic music* :grin:

I imagine something violent? :look:

Hi all, I have a question regarding the rivers flowing through the enchanted forest. I know the area isn't mountainous at all, but do the many rivers start there in hilly areas and flow out towards the sea?

Hi all, I have a question regarding the rivers flowing through the enchanted forest. I know the area isn't mountainous at all, but do the many rivers start there in hilly areas and flow out towards the sea?

The rivers there are mostly from currents coming from the ocean, i'm pretty sure.

The northern region of Avalonia bordering Mitgardia is hilly, almost to the point of being mountainous. The central and southern portions of Avalonia's mainland are flat plains, with occasional Hills. The terrain in the Mystic Isles and the great forest vary greatly.

I believe when i asked this, rogue said there were highlands in the middle of the forest but no mountains. Rivers do flow down hill after all. The rivers would be tidal for a while though.

CF is correct. I missed that the question was specific to the Enchanted Forest.

UPDATE:

Yesterday I found myself building the first part of the groundscape for the town. In the back you will see the foundation for the "castle/mansion". Still struggling which technique to use for walling.

Backom Phase II

27092427303_10b1fa97d5.jpg

Looning really awesome, narbilu! I'm very curious to what this will become!

That bridge is great!The land scaping and river look very natrual. Can't wait for the next update from you Narbilu.On anither note, what are the civil wars? I've read the history of Historica but couldn't find it.

The civil wars haven't been added to the history yet. Each of the main challenges in book 2 has revolved around a civil war within each guild.

And so, fellow Avalonians, the main square of the Trifork has been posted! Hope you like it.

27610402576_e26d9b6e76_n.jpg

It tries to wrap up a lot of loose story ends, so I can continue those when I have better time, includes several additions to task 4, and launches my task 6 entry, the Trifork Textile Guild, which I hope to elaborate on in the future.

All hail Avalonia! :classic:

So I'm thinking up adventures for my sigfig, I was wondering how far can we take Fantasy in Avalonia, I don't want to spoil to much but I would like to introduce a non-human race that ended up in Avalonia/Edelwald as antagonists for my Sigfig and the Yeomen. edit* I know we have Elves and other Fantasy elements, it's just I'm not sure how free we are to add to this.

Though do not get me wrong I did choose Avalonia with purpose, I primarily wanted (and still do) to focus my building efforts into making Medieval buildings.

Edited by Isundir

The main races (DwRves, Elves, Orcs, Drow, etc. have been established already in Historica, but you ate pretty free to use other races, as long as they don't majorly conflict with Avalonia's environment or denizens in general. We do have occasional Drow raids, there are a few Dwarves, Gnomes and Orcs living in Avalonia, etc.

The main races (DwRves, Elves, Orcs, Drow, etc. have been established already in Historica, but you ate pretty free to use other races, as long as they don't majorly conflict with Avalonia's environment or denizens in general. We do have occasional Drow raids, there are a few Dwarves, Gnomes and Orcs living in Avalonia, etc.

Ok, I had thought of a way to introduce them that wouldn't conflict with the established world. I also meant to ask, on Drow, is there an established appearance for them, I tried looking up Drow and found only a few builds with Drow in them and most portrait them differently per build.

Ok, I had thought of a way to introduce them that wouldn't conflict with the established world. I also meant to ask, on Drow, is there an established appearance for them, I tried looking up Drow and found only a few builds with Drow in them and most portrait them differently per build.

They are quit diverse, tough most of the time they have a white face

They are quit diverse, tough most of the time they have a white face

It's actually black skin with white hair, per Dungeons and Dragons.

It's actually black skin with white hair, per Dungeons and Dragons.

I'm sorry. I switched the two :wink:

Hmm from image search I see Black Armor which is relatively easy and then Black or Dark Grey skin that's very hard to pull of with minifig faces and then White hair is also quite rare (to me).

1. Are you still around? Yes. I haven't been around for quite some time, but I try to check the forum at least once a week.

2. What are you working on? Lego related, nothing. Just busy with real life - but times will come, when I miss my little plastic bricks more and I will surely build something again. But I can't promise you a MOC soon...

3. Where is the best play to see your work? Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/buurli_burri/

4. What Challenges and tasks have you completed? I didn't keep track of it. I might update this post, when I looked it up...

I dont need to know loads about the civil war, just wandering what caused them and who people where fighting? Thanks.

Edited by The Maestro

I dont need to know loads about the civil war, just wandering what caused them and who people where fighting? Thanks.

You're asking a real task here ! :)

I can tell you rapidly that Kaliphlin civil war was the last one to occur. It was about the return of the self declared Desert King. After hard battles against the Kali high council and Ulandus, the Desert King won something that is more like a Status Quo than a real victory. There are still rebels against him and his power is not secured.

The next civil war will be the Nocturnus one (and probably the end of book 2). It will involve the Black Spire, something like a necromancer undead groups and armies who want to rule Nocturnus, against the nocty resistance, an heteroclite group of rebels United against the Spire.

Many alliances are going under this incoming war and you have to notice the Desert King of Kaliphlin is supporting the Resistance, like some Avalonian characters (even if the leaders of the Guild have kept every Avalonian decide for whom he will fight).

The Diplomatic stuff is being made actually by some players.

For example, Bregir and Titus V, both Avalonians, are helping the resistance in Nocturnus in Lord Vladivus City of Shadowmere. Myself I am more a friend of the nocty resistance as I suffered Drow attacks on my city and it seems that the Drows could help the Spire (but this is not sure, Drows tend to be very independants).

I hope that's helping.