Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Welcome to Avalonia, Columbus!

Brickcurve is right (try flickr)

Looking forward to your builds!

Welcome! Looking forward to see your mocs when you uploaded the pics on another site!:)

Thanks, it is the best guild indeed!

[Welcome to GoH. I don't think you can link images from cloud services, you will need to upload them to an image hosting service such as Flickr, Bricksafe or Brickshelf.]

Thank you, i did wonder if cloud would work, thanks for telling me other websites!

Columbus

Edited by Columbus019

Typically 800x600 is preferred. As others have stated, welcome! I'm also looking forward to what you've got!

Thanks MiloNelsiano, check my old post now, there are images!!!!!!!

Columbus

Thanks MiloNelsiano, check my old post now, there are images!!!!!!!

Nice to see your pictures !

Good cavalry.

The castle is nice but perhaps you should make more photos of it with better light and post it in its own topic. Perhaps it could be good for the Avalonia task 5 that is asking us to show our castle or our fortress.

Good day Avalonians, I would like to present to you my Task 1 entry, displaying you soldiers. In order from top to bottom are the knights, elite soldiers, archers, swordsmen, and light spear men. Below is a description.

26429489844_68ba479feb.jpgAcadia_Soldiers (1) by lego eomer, on Flickr

Because Avalonia is the most fertile land in Historica, it can also field the largest armies. However, large numbers don't always guarantee victory, so Avalonian soldiers are also highly trained. Acadia is no exception. Most of its knights are veterans of the Flight of Dragons, who now ride as part of the elite cavalry of the same name, and ride Drond's Fields' agile, strong, and fast horses. The elite soldiers and swordsmen are the backbone of the army, and the most skilled are chosen to act act as part of Lord Brandon's personal guard. The archers and light spear men are used for fast deadly attacks against enemy forces and are more used to scout than to fight in open battle. Together, these soldiers form a deadly attack force. Soldiers wear plate armor, with the exception of the light forces, which wear chain mail armor.

I hope you guys like my soldiers. I sort of based them off of House Tyrell's forces from Game of Thrones. Also, Titus, I hope you are okay with me using your horses.

Good cavalry.

The castle is nice but perhaps you should make more photos of it with better light and post it in its own topic. Perhaps it could be good for the Avalonia task 5 that is asking us to show our castle or our fortress.

Thanks, I just edited the original post to apologise about the dark lighting, the camera wasn't on flash and it was about 6 oclock in a shed with one small window.

Hey LegoEomer

I like your soldiers, the ordered ranks are cool, but you should try to get them in real minifig form someday!

Columbus

Edited by Columbus019

Good cavalry.

It was meant to be for the task 5, most (if not all) of the images are for a task, you just have to work out which.

Columbus

Really Nice figs, from both of you, especially the cav

It seems I haven't done proper welcomes in a while, so...

Welcome Keter, Asad, Brickwolf, LuckyPat, Sorrelon, Jonsi, MLongworth, Maestro and Columbus019.

For those of you who have not yet posted sigfigs and formally introduced yourselves yet, that is what makes you an official Avalonians.

A couple task-related items:

Each task is meant to be it's own, well, task. You cannot use one build for multiple tasks. (There are exceptions where the same build might be used for 2, but not any more than that)

Each task post should be accompanied with a description of who/what you are showing. We need to know what we are seeing, and that it is a task entry.

Task 1: This should be your military/army/soldiers/militia, etc.

Task 2: This should be your sigfig's associates, which can include soldiers, but should usually include specific figures that assist your sigfig, and regularly travel with them.

Task 3: This should be a description, with some links to pictures (non-lego) that give us an idea as to what your realm looks like. This is the only real non-lego task.

Task 4: Each entry for this task needs to be a substantial build. This doesn't mean it needs to be huge, but it should be at least 16x32 PER entry for your village/hamlet/town/city. You can't have 10 entries on 2 baseplates.

Task 5: Your stronghold needs to be your own creation. You cannot use Lego sets for this build.

Tasks are in place to both introduce your character/realm, and provide some inspiration for building over a while. Barely any Avalonians have completed all 5 tasks yet, and task 4 is ever evolving. There is no hurry here.

Semi-Annual update

I build for two major display yearly, Brickworld in mid-June, and a local display at the end of November. I will be trying to update this page and the map at the end of June, so please let me know if you Avalonians are still paying attention by the end of May.

Please reply in this format.

1. Are you still around? It is fine if you are just watching the thread, but not actively participating. Just let me know that you still check in daily, weekly or monthly.

2. What are you working on? This can be Nothing, or other Lego projects un-related to GoH, or maybe you are working on something Avalonian, like I am.

3. Where is the best play to see your work? Please provide a website address to your Brickshelf/Flickr/Smugmug page.

4. What Challenges and tasks have you completed? If you want to include links to your builds, that would be great, but by no means necessary. I would much rather know what you've done by your accounts. Feel free to include minichallenges as well.

This will help me enormously in cleaning up the first post, so thanks in advance. (P.S., Anyone that does not respond will be listed as a "Legacy" Avalonian instead of Active.)

So I will start this off:

1. I am still around, and I visit this page daily to see what has been going on.

2. I am building for Brickworld, and I have a large Star Wars build, and a large Avalonian Town that I will be displaying.

3. My flickr page is probably the best place to view my work. https://www.flickr.com/photos/29025875@N06/

4. I competed in each of the challenges in Book I. I have not technically participated in any Book II challenges. I have completed tasks 1-3, but have not yet completed tasks 4 and 5. I have done a little bit of Task 4 previously, but my upcoming build should get me to a City-level for a new town I am working on. (If I can get those last couple of buildings completed before Brickworld)

1. I am still around, I visit daily to look at new builds and read any new content, though I unfortunately find little time to comment on other builds (something I'd like to do more of).

2. I have another Osric Farwind story in the works, but think I'll hold off on it for now, and wait until after the final challenge and the launch of book 3. I also just finished my latest project, and haven't started a new one yet, but I'll likely start something this week--either another Task 4 build, or maybe I'll take on task 7.

3. My flickr page is where all of my work is: https://www.flickr.com/photos/97581016@N03/

4. I joined after challenge 2, so have participated in challenge 3 and challenge 4. I have completed tasks 1, 2, and 5, and am continuing to work on task 4, in which my settlement is pending the status of Port Town. I'm not sure if you're looking for mini challenges as well, but I also entered the Frozen Beyond (A B and C) and Historica Husbandry minichallenge, which I won, earning me the title of Steward of Historica.

1. I am around, I check daily and try to commend on as much as possible.

2. At the moment, I'm building for the Summer Joust on Flickr, more specified for the guild creation category. I'm in the Avalonian team (together with Maestro, Milonelsiano and LegoEomer), so the build will of course be Avalonia-related.

3. That's probably my Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131988607@N08/

4. I have not been around for very long, so I have not participated in any challenges (tough I did enter both the Frozen Beyond and Historica Husbandry minichallenges) I have not paid much attention to the tasks, tough I did enter the brand-task with the Drond's horses, and have Drondil registered in the settlement-task (no level yet, and I don't know wether I will continue to expand it). I might have some builds qualifying for the other tasks, but I'd rather specifially build something for them then use something that happens to fit

Edited by TitusV

It seems I haven't done proper welcomes in a while, so...

Welcome Keter, Asad, Brickwolf, LuckyPat, Sorrelon, Jonsi, MLongworth, Maestro and Columbus019.

For those of you who have not yet posted sigfigs and formally introduced yourselves yet, that is what makes you an official Avalonians.

A couple task-related items:

Each task is meant to be it's own, well, task. You cannot use one build for multiple tasks. (There are exceptions where the same build might be used for 2, but not any more than that)

Each task post should be accompanied with a description of who/what you are showing. We need to know what we are seeing, and that it is a task entry.

Task 1: This should be your military/army/soldiers/militia, etc.

Task 2: This should be your sigfig's associates, which can include soldiers, but should usually include specific figures that assist your sigfig, and regularly travel with them.

Task 3: This should be a description, with some links to pictures (non-lego) that give us an idea as to what your realm looks like. This is the only real non-lego task.

Task 4: Each entry for this task needs to be a substantial build. This doesn't mean it needs to be huge, but it should be at least 16x32 PER entry for your village/hamlet/town/city. You can't have 10 entries on 2 baseplates.

Task 5: Your stronghold needs to be your own creation. You cannot use Lego sets for this build.

Tasks are in place to both introduce your character/realm, and provide some inspiration for building over a while. Barely any Avalonians have completed all 5 tasks yet, and task 4 is ever evolving. There is no hurry here.

Semi-Annual update

I build for two major display yearly, Brickworld in mid-June, and a local display at the end of November. I will be trying to update this page and the map at the end of June, so please let me know if you Avalonians are still paying attention by the end of May.

Please reply in this format.

1. Are you still around? It is fine if you are just watching the thread, but not actively participating. Just let me know that you still check in daily, weekly or monthly.

2. What are you working on? This can be Nothing, or other Lego projects un-related to GoH, or maybe you are working on something Avalonian, like I am.

3. Where is the best play to see your work? Please provide a website address to your Brickshelf/Flickr/Smugmug page.

4. What Challenges and tasks have you completed? If you want to include links to your builds, that would be great, but by no means necessary. I would much rather know what you've done by your accounts. Feel free to include minichallenges as well.

This will help me enormously in cleaning up the first post, so thanks in advance. (P.S., Anyone that does not respond will be listed as a "Legacy" Avalonian instead of Active.)

Sorry RogueAngel, i kind of put a few tasks in one and will sort it out asap. When you say that it must be a different build for each task, can each separate build be part of a larger diorama or not?

Thanks

Columbus

Sorry RogueAngel, i kind of put a few tasks in one and will sort it out asap. When you say that it must be a different build for each task, can each separate build be part of a larger diorama or not?

Thanks

Columbus

No problem! The tasks can be part of a larger diorama, but should not be the same pictures as another task. Your task 1 picture should look completely different from your task 2 picture, even though you may be using some of the same figs. They should be posed differently, and in different locations. It's fine to use a task picture for your sigfig though.

Great to see you're working on an update Rogue Angel !

Here are my answers to you :

1. I am still active. Even if I built less Avalonia MOC these last months, I am checking the thread daily and I make some comments here and there.

2. I am working on my main character story for Avalonia : The Restauration of Falahuas. And out GoH I am an active member of Brethren of the Brick Seas so I am working on pirates MOC.

3. I think the best way to see my builds is on my Flickr account. (I will add the links ASAP)

4. I am considering me like a newbie here in Avalonia. I just sign in at the end of last year, it was in September If I remember, so I just participated in the Frozen Beyond contest but I made the 3 entries and completed the entire contest even if I don't have the level to win a price ! I entered Falahuas, my main city, in the task 4 but I am still working on it in order to level it up. Some of my story builds are oriented towards task 4. And, finally, I recently made my character retinue for task 2 and post it like you asked in this topic.

Thank you for reading and thank you Rogue Angel to do this hard job to update the first page of our Guild thread !

Edited by Faladrin

Haven't posted in a while but…

1. I'm still active. I haven't posted much lately, but I still check the guilds at least weekly. Hopefully I'll have more time to be active in the near future.

2. Working on a build for task 4 actually, it's just been taking a long time...

3. Most all of my builds were on my Photobucket account, but I've been transitioning over to Fickr, so that's where I'll be posting them from now on.

4. I've only completed Task 1, even though I've been around for a while… Gonna fix that soon. I've also done the drow challenge, as well as Book II - Challenges II, III, and IV… I think.

Edited by Hammerhand

Im still here. Only problem is my camera phone and lack of computer access to a post my pics. I have three builds ready for my village task and another 3 mostly done and awaiting parts.

So everyone else is doing this so so will I.

1.I am new to EB and GoH but am enjoying it massively.

2.i am working on a large avalonian diorama including several lotr and hobbit sets, but all updated for my diorama

3.there are a few extra pictures on my bricksafe (link in signature) but not many more than i post.

4.I am very much a newbie but am enjoying GoH.

Columbus

1. I am newly refund, but not quite as active as before. I check a little more than weekly, but not quite daily.

2. I'm working on interiors, they're what I'm decent at and aren't time consuming.

3. Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/92375335@N06/ (although I do all posting off my iPad and actually getting the pictures from there to here is... Challenging.

4. I honestly can't remember, but I've done a few main challenges from Book II as well as some mini challenges. All of that was a while ago though.

1. I am currently active, and I check this page every day to see what's going on.

2. Currently, I am working on the Avalonian tasks, namely 2, 3, 4 and 5.

3. Flickr

4. I have only participated in the Frozen Beyond Contest and Avalonian Task 1.