Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Ok I am preparing to join Avalonia. One question first would it be ok if my Sig fig was an exiled princess from another land who lost her home and family and whose ship landed in Avalonia?

Hey guys, it's been quite some time since I've posted here. I thought I'd write some words simply to show that I'm not dead and that I'm also still interested in GoH :wink: . Building my greek city (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=122276&hl=%2Bclassical+%2Bgreek) has taken most of my free time. And when I haven't been building I explored the german community Imperium der Steine, because they launched a new RPG there. It's a lot easier to write in my mothers tongue and so also more enjoyable for me :classic:.

Now I started reusing the landscape of the greek city for a castle diorama, which will be a collab at an exhibition. My part should be finished in a week (because the convention starts in a week :grin: ) and will fit well in Avalonia, so I will post it here too.

Also welcome to all the new members who have joined since I posted in this thread the last time :laugh:. I hope you can have a nice time here in GoH and improve your building skills.

Greetings to all of you!

Simon

Hey guys, it's been quite some time since I've posted here. I thought I'd write some words simply to show that I'm not dead and that I'm also still interested in GoH :wink: . Building my greek city (http://www.eurobrick...lassical +greek) has taken most of my free time. And when I haven't been building I explored the german community Imperium der Steine, because they launched a new RPG there. It's a lot easier to write in my mothers tongue and so also more enjoyable for me :classic:.

Now I started reusing the landscape of the greek city for a castle diorama, which will be a collab at an exhibition. My part should be finished in a week (because the convention starts in a week :grin: ) and will fit well in Avalonia, so I will post it here too.

Also welcome to all the new members who have joined since I posted in this thread the last time :laugh:. I hope you can have a nice time here in GoH and improve your building skills.

Greetings to all of you!

Simon

Yay! I hope to see you back soon!

Just realised Titus, that you joined three days after me, and a month ago i went away for a while, and i come back and you have 1000 posts! You are a beast!

Well, I... Sort of... Just did what I live to do: MOC. And tried to give CC at every MOC both here and in BoBS.

But thank you for the compliment!

But thank you for the compliment!

:classic::thumbup: I'm mostly around SoNE and GoH, and the historic forums.

Hi there! I'm planning to join Avalonia, but I have a couple of questions. I'm planning to have my sigfig as a half-elf, but do they even exist in lore? I not, I can change him to be another race that exist in the lore. Also, can anyone explain claiming land a bit more in detail? Is there a map that shows which islands and parts of land are claimed and which are not?

Hi there! I'm planning to join Avalonia, but I have a couple of questions. I'm planning to have my sigfig as a half-elf, but do they even exist in lore? I not, I can change him to be another race that exist in the lore. Also, can anyone explain claiming land a bit more in detail? Is there a map that shows which islands and parts of land are claimed and which are not?

Everything exists if you wish so. Elves and half elves are pretty standard fantasy so there's no big deal with that. But it's great that you want to choose this race. While elves are pretty common in Historica, there are sadly only a few player who actually have them as main characters.

About claiming land, there are different maps on the first site of this thread. One shows you the different shires and counties already established by others. Just mark a territory of your own and write down a lore and background story about your character and his land.

But that's optional; if you don't want your character being in charge of a county and instead be a travelling sell sword or merchant or whatever you want to be that's also fine. Elves are more common on the mystic isles, but tthat's no limitation.

Everything exists if you wish so. Elves and half elves are pretty standard fantasy so there's no big deal with that. But it's great that you want to choose this race. While elves are pretty common in Historica, there are sadly only a few player who actually have them as main characters.

About claiming land, there are different maps on the first site of this thread. One shows you the different shires and counties already established by others. Just mark a territory of your own and write down a lore and background story about your character and his land.

But that's optional; if you don't want your character being in charge of a county and instead be a travelling sell sword or merchant or whatever you want to be that's also fine. Elves are more common on the mystic isles, but tthat's no limitation.

Thanks a lot for the information. Is it possible to be the owner of a land as a wandering merchant or sellsword, perhaps one who saved(or stole) enough gold to buy the land, or one who inherited the land and still owns it, but couldn't douse the wanderlust in his blood?

Also, I found 2 different maps and there are some differences between the two. Not only some islands are claimed in one and not claimed in the other, there are geographical differences as well. Which one is the most recent, up-to-date map?

Thanks a lot for the information. Is it possible to be the owner of a land as a wandering merchant or sellsword, perhaps one who saved(or stole) enough gold to buy the land, or one who inherited the land and still owns it, but couldn't douse the wanderlust in his blood?

Also, I found 2 different maps and there are some differences between the two. Not only some islands are claimed in one and not claimed in the other, there are geographical differences as well. Which one is the most recent, up-to-date map?

Yes sure, you can hold land and still travel. In fact, everyone has to leave his/her land at some point to go on quests and adventures or for war. Just sitting in your castle all the time would soon become boring.

The first map is the original guild map and as far as I know more correct about the landscape. The second just depicts which corners of the land are already claimed. Use this one to choose the location of your county.

Yes sure, you can hold land and still travel. In fact, everyone has to leave his/her land at some point to go on quests and adventures or for war. Just sitting in your castle all the time would soon become boring.

The first map is the original guild map and as far as I know more correct about the landscape. The second just depicts which corners of the land are already claimed. Use this one to choose the location of your county.

That's good to hear!

Sorry, I forgot to link the maps I've found. Here they are:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8023/7689173858_558b55456c_b.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rogueang/Avalonia/avalonia_book_ii_20150830.jpg

It seems the islands I wanted to claim used to belong to another user, but they seem vacant in the current map. Looks like I'm in for a luck! :laugh:

I know I've already asked too much questions, but I have one more, about the currency and language. Do all countries(?) use a common currency, or do Kaliphinians need to visit the nearest exchange office when they travel to Nocturnus? :laugh: Do dwarves speak the same language as goblins and humans, or do they have their own languages and speak the common language(human language), like in most fantasy settings? These might lead to some interesting builds and events, especially when one is using characters from other places in his builds.

And again, thanks a lot for your answers!

Welcome to Historica!

My sigfig is an half-elf! :classic:

Read more in my old introduction topic: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=79999

Edited by Gideon

That's good to hear!

Sorry, I forgot to link the maps I've found. Here they are:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8023/7689173858_558b55456c_b.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/rogueang/Avalonia/avalonia_book_ii_20150830.jpg

It seems the islands I wanted to claim used to belong to another user, but they seem vacant in the current map. Looks like I'm in for a luck! :laugh:

I know I've already asked too much questions, but I have one more, about the currency and language. Do all countries(?) use a common currency, or do Kaliphinians need to visit the nearest exchange office when they travel to Nocturnus? :laugh: Do dwarves speak the same language as goblins and humans, or do they have their own languages and speak the common language(human language), like in most fantasy settings? These might lead to some interesting builds and events, especially when one is using characters from other places in his builds.

And again, thanks a lot for your answers!

Welcome to Avalonia! I think all of Historica has the same currency, but there are some language-differences.

As I understood, the human language is commonly used, altough the dwarves and elves have their own languages, they also sprak the common tongue. But he: if you want to have a clan who only speaks their own language: no problem!

Hey, maybe it would be helpful to have a common currency. I would like to have a different word than coin in my stories. Something like gold dragons and silver stags in Westeros in a song of ice and fire.

Hey, maybe it would be helpful to have a common currency. I would like to have a different word than coin in my stories. Something like gold dragons and silver stags in Westeros in a song of ice and fire.

I have a made up currency. Pieces, Marks, and Seals. Edited by Windusky

Welcome! My character is also a half elf.

I always thought that the "common currency" of Historica was Gold Darics.

Indeed, as Eomer said: our common currency was Gold Darics, not? And maybe Silver and Cupper Darics? Please correct me if I'm wrong

There are many, many currencies in Historica. Darics are widespread as are many other coins. The material is typically the key, with the name, size and seal changing by region

Here is my latest build.

Marching to War

I also plan to stop by in Cedrica and the Grand Griffon, so who else plans to be there so we can have a conversation? This will be my first time talking "in character."