Task 1:

HFBD6.jpg

Left to right:

Guardsmen, Wolfpack Warrior, Peasant with spear, Rangers

Mounted:

Light Cavalry

Edited by Brickwolf

Hey everyone :classic:

After some time reading about GOH, I decided to introduce myself here in Avalonia.

yYF7P32.png

These two adventurers keep it quiet among themselves and avoid violence unless necessary. They try to maintain peace between others and focus on acquiring knowledge rather than power. They spend most their time in the library and the archives. Not much else to say about them...

I really look forward to building with you guys here in Avalonia and hope to build the best I can, going out of my usual building styles.

Also, do I "select" a piece of land on the map? If so, let me know and I can highlight/circle a small area. Fairly new here, so please excuse any questions I may have :blush:

Thanks all,

~Pat

Hi, I'm LegoEomer, another citizen of Avalonia. Yes, you do claim land, if you want to be a lord, knight, or some other noble. You don't have to though. If you want to live in another user's land, like Avon, my land, you can PM that user. And feel free to ask questions. I had a lot of them when I first came here, and they were answered by a team of really nice people. I'll look forward to your builds.

And lastly, welcome to Avalonia! You chose the best guild!

Glad to have you! It is not required to select a piece of land, you can live in an already established location. You don't have to be the ruler of the land you select either. Picking out your land allows you to decide what is there, and that includes buildings, landscapes, people, background stories, etc. While you'll have one main sigfig character, you can come up with lots of other characters that live in your land. If you want to build in someone else's territory, it's best to ask, but as long as it's a reasonable request, I'd have a hard time imagining someone saying no.

Thank you for the warm welcomes.. if still available, I will claim a small piece of land furthest west and call it "Occidens".

hqT0h3h.png

Also, is there something that I should get working on? Something that Avalonia could use?

Thank you again :blush:

Edited by Luckypat

Welcome to the Guilds of Historica LP! :wink: Although Mitgardia is better, I'm sure Avalonia is glad to have you! :laugh:

Welcome to Avalonia LuckyPat !

The land you are claiming seems available as far as I know.

Note that the map doesn't show the more recent counties of our beloved Guild !

There is no contest or challenge atm, we just finished the Frozen Beyond contest, we are waiting for the voting and/or the results.

Avalonia is always in need of new builds !

Try to freebuild first, there are, for example, the main tasks listed in the first page of this thread, they are great for beginners !

Nice to have you in the best Guild !

All the tasks on the first page of Avalonia except the attack of the drow are a good start.

I always wonder what you Avalonians will do, once all the land has been handed out.

I think in book 3 it will start over and we'll have to reclaim. Looking at the map from book 1, there's a BIG difference.

Well, we have some great areas to claim before all of Avalonia is full!

There are more unclaimed land than claimed what I can see

Edited by de Gothia

HI! I'd like to join Avalonia. Here is my entry for task 1:

IMG_3172%252520copy.jpg

The armored soldier in the middle will be one of my main characters, espically for contests/challenges that require someone of high rank.

Here is my entry for task 2:

IMG_3174%252520copy.jpg

My main character is going to be the pig farmer, and his best friend is the archer to the right.

And for task 3:

avalonia_book_ii_20150830.jpg

My small village & settlement is called Farrveil. It is a very wet area, with lots of waterfalls and rivers, very good for agriculture.

If I'm doing anything wrong, please tell me, I don't completely understand this yet. :blush:

Welcome Luckypat and Asad!

@Asad: You did everything right ;-)

Wow, I've been gone for 3 days and suddenly we're bursting from activity! Welcome to Avalonia mates, you chose the right guild!

bdKDYF5.jpg?1

A WIP photo of my first MOC on the Eurobrick forums. Actually my first MOC in 10-12 years probably, haven't done this since I was a kid =P

Welcome to our new members - While I am sadly ratgher absent, it is nice to see Avalonia prosper!

@Kyo: That is looking great for a first moc in a long time! My only suggestion would be to work more on the landscaping. My own experience is that the best results come from building the landscape up first, before adding structures on top. :classic:

Looks great, Kyo!

Thanks!^^

@Kyo: That is looking great for a first moc in a long time! My only suggestion would be to work more on the landscaping. My own experience is that the best results come from building the landscape up first, before adding structures on top. :classic:

Thanks Bregir, and thank you for the input. I would have done more work with the landscape, but I'm sadly lacking in plates/bricks in the right colours =( Too much red, yellow and blue in my collection. And most of my bricks is unfortunately 2x3,4 and so on... So I'll just have to put more $$$ into Bricklink =P

Thanks!^^

Thanks Bregir, and thank you for the input. I would have done more work with the landscape, but I'm sadly lacking in plates/bricks in the right colours =( Too much red, yellow and blue in my collection. And most of my bricks is unfortunately 2x3,4 and so on... So I'll just have to put more $$$ into Bricklink =P

Not necesarrily true, you could use the Green 2x4 for landscaping and put the yellow/blue/red bricks underneath IT. These will do the landscaping then.