Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

...and then two separate collections, fortunately a lot of the useless pieces from the LFW mystery box can get that second collection started.

I've actually started building mocs just for my kids to play with ... so for example I build a whole bunch of houses to be added to the LR Colby City layout. Nothing really fancy, but the kids and my wife love it. That way we don't argue over bricks ... However, I think I made Thorshaven sturdy enough to travel with so it's also sturdy enough for the kids to play with. And, they only get to play with it on special occasions.

Well, my four year old son is hooked on Chima so I guess he don´t want daddys lego but he loves to build castles and weapons for his chima figures. Soon I´ve to tell him that daddy plays with lego as well! Have to change work first! =)

Sorry redviper if I wasnt to clear. I was trying to find out the torso, hair and head pieces, ie wot fig or figs there from. Im gonna bricklink them later on this week with a parts order.

Oh sorry I misunderstood, the hair is clone wars Anakin Skywalker, head is indiana Jones, body is a prince of Persia baddy, and the legs are plain black. If he is travelling he will have a black or brown cloak

Yeah it's that one with the torso back to front.

Thought so, ill pop it on order and the other bits I need . Hopefully they'll arrive as im getting on with the moc. Cheers

@ cablefoxley, Sorry for claiming your land. Not like I'm forcefully taking it or anything... :devil: Just kidding, I'll redraw my extension, so you can keep what you originally wanted. But its nice to have a new neighbor after it seems like almost everyone was claiming parts of the mainland. :classic: Maybe we can do some builds with interconnecting story lines or something.

Heres the redrawn extension:

15256314628_0f3e359536_o.png

(again with rogue's approval)

Edited by HammerBro

@ cablefoxley, Sorry for claiming your land. Not like I'm forcefully taking it or anything... :devil: Just kidding, I'll redraw my extension, so you can keep what you originally wanted. But its nice to have a new neighbor after it seems like almost everyone was claiming parts of the mainland. :classic: Maybe we can do some builds with interconnecting story lines or something.

No probs hammerbro, I still dont mind moving. Shall we leave it up to rogue to decide who gets what?

I wouldnt mind having some story line interconnecting with you. Basically my sig has landed on the coast and is heading inland following the grey round road to the eagle cave. It supposed to be full of gold and treasure (dont know exactly what yet). Iv just come across some drow, so im currently making a fortifed settlement. Any input you want to put in is fine by me. Im assuming your all elves, mine are a bit of a mix of men elves and dwarves.

I'll stick with the borders on my last post to makes it easier on rogue's end. I'm mostly elves with some men and I'll plan some Drow builds to be done after Vangard, my task 5 entry, is complete.

Greetings fellow Avalonians, if anyone would like their Sigfig to be present in my next build, just reply with a pic of your fig, and I'll try to include it.

A new post up - mainly story telling, explaining how Beorthan ends up in Shadowmere.

Next up will be the gatehouse I showed a preview of earlier.

Hi folks need some help here. Iv been a bit of a dunce and the large moc im working on is to wide to get out of my living room now to photograph. I cant take it apart easily as its all to interconnected. Iv got a feeling that if I try to tilt it to get through, then im looking at a lot of bricks hitting the floor. Any ideas??

oh that sounds bad :(. I would remove all loose and not secured parts first. Then maybe find a cardboard box that is as wide as the Moc and cut the sides wxcept for a little lip on one side, so when you tilt it any parts that fall will fall into the cardboard and get someone to help you carry it out.

I don't know how well that might work, it was just an idea i thought of and I may have explained it badly

oh that sounds bad :(. I would remove all loose and not secured parts first. Then maybe find a cardboard box that is as wide as the Moc and cut the sides wxcept for a little lip on one side, so when you tilt it any parts that fall will fall into the cardboard and get someone to help you carry it out.

I don't know how well that might work, it was just an idea i thought of and I may have explained it badly

No you explained that pretty well. Its not the lose stuff im worrying about, its more the buildings which are a little bit weak in certain areas. Im starting to think its best if I "flood" the thing and start again. Next time ill build in modules that can be connected. Im gonna keep trying to move if for a while but I might have to give up. Ta anyway dan.

Personally, I would do my best to rig up a photography set-up in my living room, maximizing on window light, and bringing any small lamps available to bear on it (preferably with white, not yellow, light). Probably, it won't turn out as good as if you used your usual set up, but it's better than having to start all over again, I'd think! Parts that you particularly like and want to photograph well, you could break off (after taking overview pictures) and then transport to the usual photography site.

Thanks kai for the imput. Sorry for the late reply but iv only just cleared up the few thousand bricks off my carpet. Camp le fox is no more after suffering a major earthquake. Theres not much left other than fond memories. Lesson learnt.

This a question to rogue and dg , if I was to "rebuild" camp le fox at a different site, could the quarry which iv said is at camp le fox already. Still be used for hss task 4?? Thanks, sorry for being a pain.

Noooooo, why would you destroy something you put so much effort into without at least giving us a few pictures :(

Should of explained better. Me and missus had one last go at moving it. The result of it was a bit of miscommunication and the moc hit the floor. Bricks everywhere and a bit of bad feeling in the house tonight. :angry:

My advice to you is let the bad feelings go. Bricks can be rebuilt. Wives take a lot longer, and they are worth far more.

My advice to you is let the bad feelings go. Bricks can be rebuilt. Wives take a lot longer, and they are worth far more.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hammerbro: Welcome back - we've missed you! You cannot typically extend your borders. This once, you can make the extension. I will add the little dogleg the next time I update the map.

Hammerhand: Great build! I love little builds this that have such great character.

Bregir: That WIP looks fantastic! I can't wait to see the finished product.

CableFoxley: PM me about your downed HSS build. Also - great work on your "Ambush" build. You have some great detail work on this, and I love the figure choice and figure posing.

RedViper: I will add your territory to the next map update. I'm guessing you may have requested your land before you posted your sigfig? I consider the posting of the sigfig to be the point at which a new member joins, so if you posted it prior to that, I would have missed it. I may have just missed it outright. Can you repost the area for me. I can also look back through if necessary.

BaconPotatoes - Nice work on the study. I particularly like the collection of weapons and artifacts.

Kern - Very nice temple. I like the use of the black (obsidian?) statue instead of the typical white or gray ones.

FYI, I rarely have time to post these days, but I check this forum pretty much every day, and if there is something pressing to address, I will post. I am running very short on time now with a 1 year old, and work taking up more time than my 8-5 workday and creeping into my evenings and weekends (I have a work event all day today for example).

There will be another task coming up shortly, as well as an Avalonian story event, so keep a look out over the next couple of weeks, and keep up the great work!

Hi guys, I'd like to join Avalonia and own a portion of land North East of Albion, alongside the river. I can post my Sigfig and his troops later today!

This was my first post, but it didn't contain my Sigfig, sorry if this caused confusion. Thanks for helping out now though :)