Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Welcome to Cable Foxley, Vitroleum, Bacon Potatoes (it makes me hungry every time I see that name), Milo Nelsiano, Ledi and Pyf! Quite a lot of activity out of you guys already - keep up the great work! Also a lot of builds from DeGothia, Bregir and Kerntechniker lately - Most impressive! A couple of excellent large layouts from Narbilu and Foxley (very much looking forward to where this one is headed) and quite a few WIP out there as well. Leki - I love the map, and I have adjusted the borders accordingly.

Below is the updated map. I have also updated the map on the first page.

Here are a couple of helpful guidelines for new members that I am restating for their reference.

1. Avalonian tasks (1-5 and any future tasks) can be completed at any time, and tasks 4 and 5 also count as freebuilds. You cannot complete multiple tasks with one build (although you can incorporate your other task builds into your task 3 entry as supplemental information. Tasks 1 and 2 should be posted in this thread (although a link to a separate topic is acceptable) and all other tasks should have their own topics.

2. You should be posting a link to any freebuild you post in this thread. (you can also add a picture if you like, or a picture as the link).

3. Anyone can claim land if they have a sigfig posted.

Any other questions, just post them here. Keep up the great work Avalonians!

avalonia_book_ii_20140921.jpg

Question, I knkw I've asked this before, but what is that river called that runs through Benoic and forms the border between Arfelan and Burnby? Also, since it ends rather abruptly, would it be okay if I built a dam in that location?

The river ends abruptly on the map,but this is just where it narrows down, and probably is where two smaller streams join to form the wider river. I don't really see an issue building a dam, as long as DG has no issue with it. I don't know the name of the river. I can't find the correct map atm.

Avonmora is the name of the river that runs through Benoic. I have no problems with a dam downstream of Benoic!

Avonmora is the name of the river that runs through Benoic. I have no problems with a dam downstream of Benoic!

Okay, sounds great! Instead of a dam, could a natural event of some sort relatively quickly somehow? Like and earthquake or rouge geomancer? Or would that be too drastic?

Edited by -Carson Haupt-

Hey RougeAng, I think you spelled my kingdom wrong. It was Legoawyr, but on the map it says Awlegoyr. However Awlegoyr looks better, and i think thats what i will keep the name as :laugh: So i guess I should thank you for improving the name, since I wasn't satisfied with the old name anyway :grin:

15289747826_5cde377bc7_z.jpg

IMG_8758 (951x1024) by Legoloco_MKE, on Flickr

The Lady Elyscia, adopted daughter of Lord Arden ruler of the Isle of Morn.

Lord Arden follows in a long line of family members as the Lord of the land. Two decades ago this land was being attacked by a group of outlaws that made camp in the Enchanted Forests. At first they were content to raid for food and supplies never harming the people of the land and scarcely destroying property. Lord Arden sent additional troops to guard the various villages and hamlets and the threat subsided for a time. When it flared up anew it was no longer petty thievery they had to contend with, now the outlaws wrought destruction and death where they went.

Lord Arden, never asking his men to endure something he would not, lead his men into the Enchanted Forests to bring the outlaws to justice. Many of his men were lost though they did prevail. On their return they came upon an encampment that had been raided hours earlier, the inhabitants dead, save for an infant girl held tight in her dead mother’s arms. Lord Arden collected the girl and brought her to his wife, the Lady Elaina. Together they raised her as their own for the fates had never blessed them with children. Lord Arden had encountered orcs in his travels and knew that his adopted daughter shared their coloring but her features were fine like the elves that inhabit the Enchanted Forests. Given the reputation of the Forests, constantly shifting and changing like a living labyrinth, Lord Arden assumed she could be a member of a tribe of elves that had to that point never been encountered by man.

As she grew Lord Arden imparted in the Lady Elyscia his reverence for the land, his dedication to honor and justice, and the belief that all the peoples of their land were valued for their contributions. He made sure she was educated in the subjects any good ruler should know as well as how to lead armies and defend herself with any number of weapons.

When she was a young adult she traveled forth alone through the Enchanted Forests and the Mystic Isles, not in search of glory or fame but in search of herself and her place in the world.

15312433182_2a024fa40d_z.jpg

IMG_8759 (1024x766) by Legoloco_MKE, on Flickr

When she returned from her journey she was accompanied by two newcomers to the land, at first they were known only as the Twins. It was known that the Lady Elyscia encountered them during her travels through the Mystic Isles and people assumed they must be of the “Water Folk” which caused some to refer to them as the Sisters of the Sea. While their origins remain a mystery there are now known by their actual names, Aurora and Agatha. They quickly became recognized for their fighting prowess and respected for their ability to inspire those they lead. It was easy for all to see why they were Lady Elyscia’s most valued commanders and advisors. However, their cold and reserved demeanor led some to whisper a different name for them. Far from their presence, the brave and the foolish alike refer to them facetiously as the Sisters of Mercy because that is something they have not been known to show.

TASK 1:

Militia of the Isle of Morn:

15289992806_03bda033d2_z.jpg

IMG_8722 (1024x525) by Legoloco_MKE, on Flickr

Lady Elyscia’s father, Lord Arden shown with his honor guard.

15126444908_d7ceacf188_z.jpg

IMG_8730 (1024x682) by Legoloco_MKE, on Flickr

Swordsmen of the land

15126316790_70e77ca4ec_z.jpg

IMG_8734 (683x1024) by Legoloco_MKE, on Flickr

Heavy Lancers – They wear light armor to move quicker while carrying their heavy pikes and they have robust helmets because they defend against cavalry attacks which leaves them vulnerable to blows from above.

15126030849_b5c1ec9d0a_z.jpg

IMG_8762 (1024x742) by Legoloco_MKE, on Flickr

Bowmen (Longbow and Crossbow)

TASK 2:

15126030659_6462b4165f_z.jpg

IMG_8765 (1024x721) by Legoloco_MKE, on Flickr

When traveling the Lady Elyscia travels with the Twins, Aurora & Agatha, as well as two regular swordsmen of the land. The Twins can be seen outfitted for battle in case they encounter trouble in their travels.

LANDGRAB:

15126731567_cc9d1146fa_z.jpg

Avalonia Map - Edit1 by Legoloco_MKE, on Flickr

I would like to claim the island to the southwest of the Gloomy Isles to be known as the Isle of Morn (ringed in yellow).

It is technically part of Avalonia, but it is not claimable, just like the islands to the southwest. and it would be far too big.

Welcome Legoloco! I love the figures, you've got some excellent combinations there. The only torsos I don't recognize are those on the honor guard.

Carson - how big does this body of water need to be? An earthquake wouldn't really create a lake. A sinkhole is probably a better idea, but it could also be a large boulder that has plugged the original channel.

Welcome Legoloco! I love the figures, you've got some excellent combinations there. The only torsos I don't recognize are those on the honor guard.

Thanks, the honor guard are in the photo above with Lord Arden. The swordsmen use the star wars Weequay torso from set 8128 Cad Bane's Speeder, I always thought they would be great castle armor torsos so I was glad to use them.

No probs, I keep seeming to find things I cant have. Any way ill take here then. It is the province of Ardor.

15129066268_928777234b_b.jpg

Home to the grey round road.

http://www.eurobrick...23#entry1975867

Here is its location and that of funems camp.

http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=100396

15129174737_e98c86227e_o.jpg

The coast near the river mouth is rocky and filled with cliffs.

http://www.eurobrick...21#entry1975778

The land is mainly forest apart from a band of fertile land near the rivers. The sporadic flooding bringing in vast amounts of nutrients, seems to prevent trees Growing there. The southern portion has the highlands where the rivers flow from. There are some areas suspected to be rich in minerals and ores

Edited by cablefoxley

Carson - how big does this body of water need to be? An earthquake wouldn't really create a lake. A sinkhole is probably a better idea, but it could also be a large boulder that has plugged the original channel.

Well, it really needs to be big enoug to be the location of a fairly size able, if not prosperous, town. I've built a portion of it before (http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=93329&hl=) and am thinking of expanding. A sinkhole would work great as well, I'm really not an expert at geology.

Anyone got a good idea for a town name I could use? I have a moc built for task four and the only thing holding me up is the HSS stuff.

Fox - Your description looks good except that there are no mountains on the main island. There are forested highlands in the center of the island, from which the rivers form, so that would work as long as you're not set on mountains. Otherwise you'd have to look at something along the north border with Mitgardia.

Dan - You might want to use something similar to your realm name, like New Goyr, Wyrglen, or Awle's Rest.

Dan, you could try taking a word in english such as what I did with cable. Then translate it into another language. In my case I used latin and then cable became funem. So you could take your citys major export or location and use that to make the name

Np rogue, highlands they are then. Im assuming there would be the odd rocky cliff to use in my story?

The coastline is mainly cliffs, and there would be the occasional cliff inland, just not a full plateau.

Cheers rogue I only need a place for a cave. The cliffs dont have to be high or wide, just enough for it to house the entrance to a cave. Also it could be at a point where the river has created a small valley/gorge through some hills. im assuming I might find drow in and around caves here?

You would assume correctly. All of Avalonia is littered with caves and Drow tunnels.