Rogue Angel

Book II - Avalonia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Nagging? .

You have to understand Nocturnus had so few memebers last round and became a non-factor by challenge 4. Without making people join Nocturnus, we had to do something!

I didn't want to leave Avalonia, but we had two regulators in Avalonia, and ISC decided to step back from Nocty, so one of us HAD to switch. It felt like with my challenge VI entry, I was the most logical person to take the plunge.

I didn't prompt Torgar, LD or Beery to switch to the darkside, but it was so good for balance that they did and I am pleased our swagger has gotten us a few newcomers as well. You also have to understand I have personal relationships with MikeyB and deGothia. We corresponded by PM and gave feedback on MOCs for challenges so if I want to tease them a little bit about not joining Nocturnus, they know I am joking.

But now that I have switched over the the better guild, the thing about Nocturnus I find really appealing was how much untapped potential it has. So many new races to develop and stylings and lighting to exploit. Even in the tribes mini-challenge we've already seen some of that potential being addressed. After you get past the swampy smell and constant darkness, it is really quite lovely here. You all should vacation in the swamplands for sure.

If you guys REALLY think I am hurting Historica by teasing you tree-hugging hippies about your boring guild choice... then get over it. The Nocty's are here to make you all regret you didn't sign on the dotted line... in blood.

Sorry if my more or less in-character post was interpreted too harshly (maybe a non-native English speaker chose a bad word?)!

Out of character do I really appreciate what you are doing, seeing Nocturnus come to life (and a bit undead :wink:) could not have happened without your dedicated efforts :thumbup:

I fully agree that there is a vast amount of untapped potential in Nocturnus, chosing to focus the start of Book II there is an excellent idea to build on the momentum the tribes mini-challenge has created.

Why am I writing all of this in the Avalonian thread btw?

Welcome to GoH, DustyBricks! I'm sure you will make a fine addition to Avalonia and I want to see more from your already advanced building style. :classic:

Why am I writing all of this in the Avalonian thread btw?

well, why not?

Since everyone here is presenting themselves as prosperous, rich counties with amazing leaders, I'm thinking of going a different direction and depicting Burnby as a poorer one, in the shadow of it former glory. Thoughts?

Since everyone here is presenting themselves as prosperous, rich counties with amazing leaders, I'm thinking of going a different direction and depicting Burnby as a poorer one, in the shadow of it former glory. Thoughts?

I think that sounds good. I would rather be in an interesting guild than the 'best' one, and a good storyline is far more interesting than overzealous guild spirit in my books.

That being said, people can hype their guild as much as they want, and I certainly don't have a problem with it. I just hope they can back their hype with some awesome builds!

Welcome Dusty Bricks! I love your brick built wolf and you sigfig's legs. It's good to see someone utilizing a viking shield too. I can't wait to see your builds.

apart from our task to create an army... is anything known about what we should build for Book II?

Good question Narbilu, I have been thinking the same question, even due to the announcement of Z that the 1st challenge would start beginning of October. It would fit perfectly into my schedule. for the next days.

you can always do a free build while your waiting. During book one I had my sigfig visiting citizens of Circardia for supplies for an feast. In the process he visited a Beekeeper, hunter, baker, a local Elven Clan, a fish camp, and culminated in a scene of the feast at The Captain's Hall some of them were mini challenge from Book 1 but I found it a good way to introduce new characters and still keep everything tied together.

Not everything has to be a huge build. I often start with something small and build around it. For instance my Celyna the Seamstress build for the Albion city build was started based on the spinning wheel I built

seasmstress1-M.jpg

Just find something you want to build and do it!

Does anyone think that DustyBricks wolf look like a cross between a wallaby and a kangaroo? :look:

Dun dun dunnnn! Edited by ZCerberus
Quoting pictures is generally not needed!

So have we another task, not Avalonian warriors building?

If we haven`t, i think it`s time for first freebuilds :classic:

What the megabloksare you doing at 5 to 1 in the morning zach?

Haha

I think its fine, ive often wanted to know what grey timber (you know, sun bleached sorta stuff) would loo like in lego, or if it would just loo like strange stonework. Dk tans a pretty mean colour thoug, itll work for that

What the megabloksare you doing at 5 to 1 in the morning zach?

Haha

I think its fine, ive often wanted to know what grey timber (you know, sun bleached sorta stuff) would loo like in lego, or if it would just loo like strange stonework. Dk tans a pretty mean colour thoug, itll work for that

Woah, totally didn't realize that was the time. I could have sworn it was like 9...

The other color that I think might work is old light grey, but I'm not a huge fan of that color to be honest. Plus the piece range might not be great. I'll look in to it.

Old grey is the best for castle! In anything but perfect lighting i find bley too blue, specially on cloudy days

Pity i hardly have any :look: ...