Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

Work in progress: Fort Brighton

Looking good! Almost good enough to be a castle ;-) !

God Bless,

Nathan

I like the interior with the arches and the steps down towards the docking level (I guess you will have some small boats enter via this level?).

You seem to have a lot of bricks at your disposal to make all these great MOCs.

1.jpg

No! No! Those knights will never do. You'll have to get tan knights I'm affraid because its the only colour that could possibly work.

By the way... :-P

No! No! Those knights will never do. You'll have to get tan knights I'm affraid because its the only colour that could possibly work.

By the way... :-P

Just because your name starts with an 'F' doesn't make you automatically 'F'unny!

Phes starts with P by the way... And I wasn't trying to be funny, I was trying to be annoying - there's quite a difference there.

But seriously, the grey works much better than the black! *y*

Here's someone who is trying to be funny:

Looking good! Almost good enough to be a castle ;-) !

See, he's just trying too hard X-D

I like the interior with the arches and the steps down towards the docking level (I guess you will have some small boats enter via this level?).

Yes. The old fort had the boat structure on it too, plus there would be no good reason to fire from that side of the fortress as there will be a whole harbor there!!

You seem to have a lot of bricks at your disposal to make all these great MOCs.

I am running short now I am afraid. It is hard to to have all the right white pieces. The good news is that regular ol' bricks are fairly cheap to have on bricklink and I have a pick-a-brick in the Mall of America not too far from here. Sometimes they have regular whit bricks. last time I was there they had a ton of white 1 x 3, so I have a lot of those, but very few 1 x 4 and 1 x 2 lefts :'-(

Phes starts with P by the way... And I wasn't trying to be funny, I was trying to be annoying - there's quite a difference there.

Well it should start with an 'F'... for... well I can only think of inappropriate things that will get me in trouble... like Napoleon Dynamite saying you're a "Friggin' Idiot!", or "Fool" or such things... ohhh... I got it...

"Well it should start with 'F' for "Fantastic Moderator"... (or friggin' idiot, your choice ;-) )

Here's someone who is trying to be funny:

See, he's just trying too hard X-D

Well if it wasn't for the fact that Norro has mad building skills, maybe I would take issue, but if he meant it is almost good enough to be one of HIS Castles, I will take that as a very large compliment!

I notice you used some tiles rather than plates with studs..

4.jpg

What are the benefits of doing this?

The benefit is that I can take the second level off of it still!

"Well it should start with 'F' for "Fantastic Moderator"... (or friggin' idiot, your choice ;-) )

What are you trying to say about Mr Tiber and Bonaparte? X-D

Well if it wasn't for the fact that Norro has mad building skills, maybe I would take issue, but if he meant it is almost good enough to be one of HIS Castles, I will take that as a very large compliment!

Indeed it would be a very large compliment if he meant that, however he was implying that Pirate MOCs are sub-standard to those of Castle and yours was one of the few up to par. How do I know this? Nah, I don't. I just made that up.

The benefit is that I can take the second level off of it still!

The second level you say? And what will the second level structure consist of?

The second level you say? And what will the second level structure consist of?

What I was trying to say id that the ceiling of the first level... or the floor of the second level (which will be open to the air) come off to get to that first level there...

Wow, I like this. I can't wait for the finished product, and the face of that soldier, was it in an official pirate set, coz I like it.

Wow, I like this. I can't wait for the finished product, and the face of that soldier, was it in an official pirate set, coz I like it.

As for the face... I really have no idea... you have actually stumped me!!

Anyhow, minor update because I have to get back to some actual real world stuff...

A my mom and dad were visiting today so they brought the fortress section of the fort.

Here are two shots of the old fort (I am only replacing the front part) next to the new one!

7.jpg

8.jpg

Now that you put the two side by side I see why you're undergoing this upgrade... The new fort is far more awesome and its not even finished yet!

Do you have an estimation of how many pieces the new fort would be using?

Now that you put the two side by side I see why you're undergoing this upgrade... The new fort is far more awesome and its not even finished yet!

Do you have an estimation of how many pieces the new fort would be using?

No... but I can tell you it is heavy!

That Imperial Guard flag is looking really small now!

I think it needs a second flag to the left side to balance things up.

HMMM... I think both forts are very nicly designed, so why don't you not destroy your all ready magnificant fort and just add the new one on. like in the first picture, just pernament? That way the fort would be twice as big!

This new addition is looking quite impressive compared to the old section *y*

Hopefully my frigate can still over power your harbor still >8-)

P

This new addition is looking quite impressive compared to the old section *y*

Hopefully my frigate can still over power your harbor still >8-)

P

Well I shall try to lure you before I spring my trap then! ;)

HMMM... I think both forts are very nicly designed, so why don't you not destroy your all ready magnificant fort and just add the new one on. like in the first picture, just pernament? That way the fort would be twice as big!

Ah my good man, you are thinking what I am doing! The old rear section, the armory part, is still going to remain intact. I guess with how massive the new fortress is getting though, it is basically going to hide the whole armory section behind it... oh well!

So a little more work. I am not sold on the roofing yet, so we'll see hot it looks when the center tower and the section that connects the two pieces is complete!

Anyhow, what we've got going on!

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

img_1525.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1526.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1527.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1528.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1529.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1530.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_1531.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1532.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1533.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1534.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1535.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1536.jpg_thumb.jpg img_1537.jpg_thumb.jpg

This is getting very awsome! I like the big arches under it, and I would comment on this more, although it seems thumbnail 9 through 13 have the exact same picture as thumb 1.

Wow. That looks awesome.

I do have one small problem with it though.

See the 1x3 bricks above the knights heads. They look a bit plain and "slabby".

1.jpg

Could you add some more detail instead of those blocks, say something like the 1x1 clips or the 1x1 round plates in this photo. I know its only a small thing but I think it will make a lot of diference.

6.jpg

It just keeps looking more and more magnificent... Its bringing tears to my eyes :'-)

9.jpg

Only problem now is the new fort really foreshadows the original structure behind it.

The new fortress look incredible. And it is not even finished...

Only problem now is the new fort really foreshadows the original structure behind it.

This is a valid remark indeed. The view of the governor standing on his balcony is a bit blocked by the big tower of the new fortress.