Tacker

Technic 2014 Discussion and Speculation

It will be interesting to see its parts list. Quite a few rare pieces starting to come back, looks like 10244 fairground mixer has two Yellow Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular 3L with Center Pin Hole. We already got the yellow 1x6 thin liftarms in 42024 so quite a good year partswise.

Wow, 240 euro is kinda steep, i will have to wait for some discounts. Overall, i think it is a ok set, but in my opinion is ranked under 8275, 8043, 8265. Personally i like 8265 better, i think it looks nicer and it has more details.

I think that 240 euro is valid just for France and most likely Denmark, Sweden and other "expensive countries".

In Germany, Austria, Italy and most other countries 9398 iz 169,99 euro. 42009 is 200 euro at that markets (and 240 in France) and I beleive that that is the pricepoint which 42030 will hold. Its the price at which they were selling Unimog, which has a little bit more pieces, but less PF (and is also licensed).

well - if they sell 42030 for 200€ in Germany than this would be a really fair offering - just all PF-components have a value of ca. 125€ (according the prizes of the PF-components in the lego online shop)... in this case i must change my "rip-off" remark to "bargain" ... :wink:

Edited by Kumbbl

Interesting, they clearly used the new type of 3L worm gear on the one from the toy fair, but on the production model Sariel has got his hands on they have reverted to the old 2L type :sceptic:

For what it is worth, USA now has access to some of the H1 sets, only not through TLG. Not the big ones, but I guess I only wanted 42021.

14255316695_0eb1f43b7a_c.jpg

brickstore.at states that the MSRP will be 219,99€ for Austria. I guess it will be the same for Germany than.

I'd expect that the market price (online retail) will finally be somewhere around 165-175€, if one counts on the common 20-23% discount of the online retailers.

No VIP points for it than, but that is more than OK for me as they're only a 5% discount on 100€ spent.

I'm in US and bought two 42021 last week to build A and B at the same time...... OK it was for the parts. But it is a nice little set. I also bought the 42020 because I thought it was cute!

Sariel has published his review of 42028:

I like this dozer! :laugh: The size of the box looks pretty appropriate for the size of the set too - finally.

That B-model is something else, I must say. Looks like a Hydrema landmine-clearing vehicle with its back-mounted flail. It might be a mining vehicle of some kind, like Sariel says, but I'm not sure. Could this be the first military-themed vehicle ever made by Lego? I wonder.

I got the snowmobile a couple weeks ago. Is it just me or does the plastic feel extremely light? The pins dont seem to have as much friction either. Everything snapped together very easily and made a very high pitch click rather than a snap. I'm worried about the strength of the new parts. Anyone interested in / capable of running some strength tests? It feels brittle.

Edited by Bzroom

Fairview Pointe-Claire Lego Store has 42020, 42021, 42026, and 42027 so they have officially hit Canada as well. Did not see 42000 or 9398.

I think that 240 euro is valid just for France and most likely Denmark, Sweden and other "expensive countries".

220€ in Germany.

How can the 42029 red truck be so ugly? It's almost like that was their goal.

I'm worried more about its price than looks, as it is probably will be used for parts (lots of nice red panels) among AFOLs. Is it known how much € will it cost in Germany?

I don't think it's ugly, but that's my opinion. The body can be rebuilt, so it's no problem.

I am also curious about the price, for the truck as well as the Volvo loader.

Price for 42030 is around € 220-240 in the EU. Which is too expensive for me. I'll just order the new parts online.

LEGO Shop@Home Germany has the Bulldozer 42028 (39,99€), Truck 42029 (89,99€) and Loader 42030 (219,99€) now listed. Available August 1st. The cannot be added to the shopping basket yet.

In the description of 42029:

Drive off-road with this robust LEGO® Pick up Truck!

Transport heavy loads over rough terrain with the giant, red Pick Up Truck! This rugged vehicle has huge wheels, a robust chassis, fully independent suspension, a large V-6 engine, sturdy grill guard with winch and a tipping bed. Upgrade with the 8293 Power Functions motor set (not supplied) and you have a motorized winch and bed, plus bright LED headlights! Rebuilds into an awesome Forest Skidder.

Features huge wheels, fully independent suspension, tipping bed, sturdy grill guard with working winch, opening doors and front steering

Check out the powerful V-6 engine!

Open up the hinged doors

Tip the bed and deliver the load!

2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a Forest Skidder

Upgrade with the 8293 LEGO® Power Functions set (not included) for working LED headlights and a motorized winch and bed

Customized Pick Up Truck measures over 7” (19cm) high, 16” (41cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide

Forest Skidder measures over 6” (16cm) high, 18” (47cm) long and 6” (17cm) wide

Part count is 1063

So, B model is something like this

545c-4.jpg

Edited by rm8