Tacker

Technic 2014 Discussion and Speculation

Now that I see it... there was no need for a picture :facepalm:

I bet you now wish you had not asked for pictures.... :roflmao:

I feel like Technic is dying or dead. Most of 2013's releases were average and the 2014 sets are not much better. The cost of these sets versus how many actual parts you get(not pins) is too high and the mechanical nature of past Technic sets is getting watered down to widen the age bracket.

Rant over, back to discussing the bulldozer! :laugh:

If you can call it one... :blush:

Yeah. Made me look up that old technic one, 856. It looked much better than this thing. This is not even going into the parts bin for me. Oh and be careful what you wish for applies here. We asked for pictures and we got it. :cry_sad:

I must say that from this 1 pic, the dozer doesn't look very appealing. But I'll wait for more/close-up pics before I judge it.

The dozer doesn't look that bad to me.

I'm curious to see how the functions work. There doesn't appear to be any LAs, but perhaps they're a bit more hidden. I like that there is a fake engine, but I wonder if there is a differential or if the engine is driven off of one track. My guess is the latter, but we'll see.

It looks like a knob on top of the cab to control one of the functions, or perhaps both functions through a two output gearbox.

Oh my god, Just stop. It's a bulldozer. Don't you know Technic is trying to be more kid-friendly now? Of course sets with complexity like the ones from the golden age will not come back. The loader is good enough. It contains functions, with playability, unlike the pickup truck.

Edited by sama

My point of comparing it to the old one was that while models might have been more complex then, they certainly didn't always look so good. Granted on something like a dozer that might not matter unlike sport cars and the like. Compare 8880 to 8070 for instance from looks alone. But this is just awful. 42006 is a good example of a studless dozer done right even though the set wasn't that large, unlike 8275.

Edit

Oh and this is the only 2H set that i might buy maybe if the alternative model proves to be good. Which shouldn't be too difficult. The other 2 i will buy but this one i will probably skip.

Edited by EyesOnly

Yes, looks like a v4 engine to me

I think it looks ok, far better than the b model from 42006

But I am glad it's construction machinery, I'm quite bored of crawler type vehicles and am glad for the change.

Probably down to the low part count. :wink:

It looks very hollow in the middle. :cry_sad:

Judging by your picture, I think it's the same 8275 but only thinner! And identical functions as its predecessor!

If so it would be better to sue the good old 8275 have in this collection than a goner!

I for one like the looks of that bulldozer. The raw, minimalistic design with the open engine appeals to me. It looks very old school, also from a Lego perspective. The lack of panels is a plus in my book. But then again, I'm the type who never liked the studless design in the first place so...

I don't understand the issue. The Dozer looks exactly like a D9 or D10 with the engine covers removed. Covering the engine would be stupid. Some people here whine on about realism, we get a realistic looking model, still whining. :oh3:

http://upload.wikime...D10N-pic001.jpg

But eh, the functions do look pretty lame, so let's whine about those. :grin:

Edited by andythenorth

Bulldozer looks pretty good in my opinion! Some of those parts haven't been released in a while and I don't have many sets with an engine (in fact I have only one, 8439) so I think it'll be a buy for me. :sweet:

It actually reminds me of the 8419 excavator, tbh. Another thing about it is that it's actually studless, unlike the great 8275 which had studs all over it. :wacko:

At first sight it doesn't look bad at all, IMHO. Also refreshing to see a set without LA's. Functionality may be simple, but seems all right for the target audience. I wonder how the engine is driven, also how it will work as in my experience the chain links tend to glide when pushed, especially with lighter models.

Edited by rener

The Bulldozer looks fine to me for a small part count model. I like how they did the blade and can't wait to see how the functions work. I just finished building the 42006 B model tractor and it looks to be of similar size and part count.

How good or not the bulldozer is depends on what the RRP is going to be.

OK so it looks authentic. I still don't like the look.

How good or not the bulldozer is depends on what the RRP is going to be.

I guess you are right.

I definitely think the engine compartment is a bit hollow, but that was probably so you could see the engine while moving it, to see the pistons. To me though since I was not able to get 8275 it doesn't look to bad, although we don't know how all the functions work I think I'll get it when it comes out, mostly for the parts and a little guide to how to build a basic builder because I've never made one before.

The box is same size as 42006, so I guess rough part count too. 42006 B model was a tracked tractor but there are strong resemblances.

I was expecting something in the line of 8275 but this is obviously a smaller set. Disappointing but an ok set if priced as 42006 I guess. :sceptic: