Tacker

Technic 2014 Discussion and Speculation

FYP.

I meant

LEGO showed us NOT a bad way of thinking with 42008 set. I apologize for my mistake when typing...

I do not have this set despite my green models, but I think it is a nice effort, Like Jim, Jed and Ted said Let's continue the LA vs Pneumatics discussion in this old topic:

I've just want to say that anything LEGO does it would be useful - at least we'll get huge number of parts and what my wife always said to me If you do not like set, at least you'll have several hundred additional parts, and from my expirience there is never enough LEGO Technic parts. but again a successor for powerpuller tires would be very nice

I honestly apologize for misunderstanding.

Regards

FYP.

just one question Anio, I can not find where I wrote exactly like this

"LEGO showed us a bad way of thinking with 42008 set. "

as you quoted me?

Could you please show me that?

just one question Anio, I can not find where I wrote exactly like this

"LEGO showed us a bad way of thinking with 42008 set. "

as you quoted me?

Could you please show me that?

You posted that here. It's just the post before Anio's one.

You posted that here. It's just the post before Anio's one.

but I can not see word "bad" in it.

but I can not see word "bad" in it.

Yeah. That's why I "FYP". :grin:

I agree that Lego showed us a bad way with 42008. As much as I love pneumatics they were poorly implemented in 42008 IMHO. Should have used the larger ones for smoother operation, and of course ditched the LAs! :grin: But yeah, I'm trying my best not to get sucked into "that" debate here so as to not go too far off topic.

Edited by allanp

I agree, I love pneumatics but the small cylinders simply suck. I guess we shouldn't go off topic, but WE NEED LARGE CYLINDERS!!! And lots of them.

I agree, I love pneumatics but the small cylinders simply suck. I guess we shouldn't go off topic, but WE NEED LARGE CYLINDERS!!! And lots of them.

Reissue of 8455, please, LEGO!!! :grin:

I agree, I love pneumatics but the small cylinders simply suck.

Why is that?

So far, I only have the "large" cylinders (I wish there were larger ones as well), but I often thought the small ones could come in handy for more compact mechanisms. What is it you don't like about them?

They are very weak, even weaker than mini LA's, and they extend and retract very suddenly. They also bend easily because the piston is plastic, and actually require more air pressure to initially move than large cylinders. :wacko: But I guess you're right that they work well for a few things.

It would be good if you could make your own length ram and cylinder by using some sort of extension piece which could be connected to the bottom and to the "cap".

Yeah. That's why I "FYP". :grin:

OK, honestly I like pneumatics more and agree mostly with Maaboo35's wish; Reissue of 8455. But with 4 equal size tires with pattern like Unimog tire and 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steering and 4 cylinder engine

Maybe mentioned in the past 22 pages on this topic, but I am thinking undoubtedly that LEGO is going to want to use its new Servo motor and L-motor in some fashion. Maybe either a fully motorized super car and/or a motorized construction vehicle, with treads, with the servo controlling the pneumatics. An update of the 8275 bulldozer would be great! Either set would be a winner for 2H14

We need solenoid valves, it would solve all of the problems with LA's VS. pneumatics, and pneumatics wins! Servos would just take too much space IMO.

I think the cargo plane has an L-motor, but we have yet to see the servo, I'd like to see that used.

I think the cargo plane has an L-motor

It is a M.

All motorized functions require little torque.

How the dog bone beam might look:

http://www.brickshel...g_bone_beam.png

( the four outer holes could also be axle holes but that was to hard to edit ( done in blender ))

I have made a picture of how I think it is used in the snowmoblie:

http://www.brickshel...dom/dogbone.png

just one simple question - is it possible that at the four corners of dog bone instead pin holes are axle holes?

arrows are popinting towards corners that I'm thinking about.

post-25730-0-18125700-1384939138_thumb.png

just one simple question - is it possible that at the four corners of dog bone instead pin holes are axle holes?

arrows are popinting towards corners that I'm thinking about.

That is also what Jovel is saying in his post...

The 4 corners have pin holes.