Tacker

Technic 2014 Discussion and Speculation

V6 in a hot rod? Sounds dumb, but I'll probably buy it if it has blue parts. The snowmobile and skip truck sound nice. The construction crew sounds interesting, and I'm curious to see what that looks like.

V6 in a hot rod? Sounds dumb, but I'll probably buy it if it has blue parts. The snowmobile and skip truck sound nice. The construction crew sounds interesting, and I'm curious to see what that looks like.

I thnik Hot Rod is something like 8081 - simple car only main functions. Wheels can be 62x20. May be it is more detailed than 8081. I hope it wiil be with suspension.

I hope, It will be a good base set for motorized car (by adding PF)

Edited by rm8

I'm can give you all a little glimpse of 2014

42020 Twin-Rotor Helicopter - It's a small set, circa £9.99 it's like a chinook helicopter, uses shot blades only about 8 studs long per blade, both sets of blades rotate, but that's about it. It's blue and black in colour, maybe 4- studs wide by 16 studs long.

42021 Snowmobile - It's a small/medium 1st half set, black and lime green in colour, maybe £20 - £25 at a guess, only technic functions appear to be steering, front suspension, and a rear track, can't see if there is a lego engine or not, but I suspect there might be a little 2 cylinder one.

42022 Hot Rod - This was almost model team quality in terms of looks, maybe a £35 set, has a V6 lego engine up front, the hot rod is blue in colour, and the front half (engine and steering is light blue grey). Nice looking set, but again limited technic functions

42023 Construction Crew - This is a nice set, although slightly lacking compared to what people are hoping. It's a set with no figures (sorry to disappoint). It's a set made up of three construction vehicles, all 3 models are about 20 studs in length by about 8 - 10 studs wide. There is a 6 wheel american style dump truck, blue big rig shape cab, light grey tipper, functions appear to be steering and tipping. There is a red excavator, looks to have minimal functions, maybe 1 [/font]dig/lift function and finally a yellow loader, on a similar scale to 8453, maybe a tad smaller. I think this is a nice mixed set, with a likely price range of £49.99

42024 Container Truck - This is the highlight of the sets (possibly not including the special set which is normally added later) It's a European style Skip Truck, 6 wheels, similar scale (wheel size) to the flatbed truck of the other year. It has a Yellow Cab, Red lifting arms and comes with a Blue Skip. Likely also a £49.99 set. Power functions can be added but are not included. It's functions appear to be steering, and loading the skip. I guess you will be able to tip the skip as well. No sign of an engine. Looks like the truck below, but imagine with a yellow cab and the blue bits are red.

skip_truck.jpg

42026 Black Champion Racer. This is a simple £9.99 pull back racer

42027 Desert Racer. This is a simple £9.99 pull back racer

Overall an average start to the year, nice to see more blue parts in next years lineup.

This is exactly what iv been waiting for :)

Now i really like that container truck. I don't think one as ever been made as a technic set, certainly not recently. The fact that it's PF-ready but doesn't have it means that the price will be lower. Think something like 42006. OK maybe not that low but still nice. The rest, well i'll wait for pics before commenting more.

Now we just have to wait for someone to put one of the container trucks on eBay...

How about something with PP wheels? Too large to be viable?

I don't think they're coming back. They are way to heavy to be used in most vehicles, especially motorized ones. I for one hope for more sets with the unimog wheels. I doubt the container truck will have it since it's a 1H set but hopefully the flagship will. A truck made with those would be really sweet.

I don't think they're coming back. They are way to heavy to be used in most vehicles, especially motorized ones. I for one hope for more sets with the unimog wheels. I doubt the container truck will have it since it's a 1H set but hopefully the flagship will. A truck made with those would be really sweet.

Last year I read somewhere that they were bringing out new wheels in 2013, I guess the new styles of the 94.8 tire's rim is what they were talking about. :/ bit of a let down.

The container truck looks interesting. At least it's a good reason for me to finally join the forum instead of lurking, my first MoC to post:

img_4641.jpg

The container truck looks interesting. At least it's a good reason for me to finally join the forum instead of lurking, my first MoC to post:

img_4641.jpg

It looks very good. Plus it has red 5x11 panels and 2 LAs :moar: How did you get it?

Edited by Rishab N

Rather quick with the reverse engineering right? :wink:

Sorry, it's my own creation. Would be nice to see how it compares to the official model in terms of functionality and parts

Well my guess is that the container wont be as studfull. Other than that i think it will be close, but we'll see.

I dont think so there will be 100 euro set, because number of sets are same as last year.Very dissapointing, maybe first half flagship canibalize 2 half flagship.

Most interesting set of this group is hotrod. :thumbup: .

pbeishuizen, If the cab was yellow, and the skip was blue you'd of done an almost perfect reverse engineering job without even seeing a picture. The 2014 set uses 2 large actuators just like your model does to load the skip.

Edited by paul_delahaye

How do you know all this paul? I thought this information was classified, but the last years information keeps leeking really early...

It seems that #42025 is missing so there is a possibility we don't have everything yet.

How do you know all this paul? I thought this information was classified, but the last years information keeps leeking really early...

I saw a retailers catalogue for next year, no pictures permitted, but I made mental notes to share :-)

Thanks for the info Paul_Delahaye. Did you see any interesting new parts at all?

Thanks for the info Paul_Delahaye. Did you see any interesting new parts at all?

Sorry, pictures too small, I was trying to memorise the images, did not look in that much detail

Last year I read somewhere that they were bringing out new wheels in 2013, I guess the new styles of the 94.8 tire's rim is what they were talking about. :/ bit of a let down.

From taht technibricks interview- " I can say and promise is that there will be new wheels & tyres in our assortment already in 2013 and again in 2014."

So, if not in first half.In second there will be new wheels and tyres.I think for flagship, some kind of rc car with boss rims and racing tyres?