Sign in to follow this  
GandalfofHoth

Chima army builder's guide

This is a guide for what's the cheapest way to build an army for each Raven, Crocodile, Wolf, Eagle, Gorilla, and Lion. I have wanted to make this for a while and finally got around to it today. (this is based off of prices on amazon on august 17th 2013). I will try to stay away from speedorz as much as possible, since I really don't like them.

Raven's

The cheapest way to get raven's is to get the Razcal's Double Crosser polybag ($8.87), but just barely, the Rizzo minifigure is for sale without a set for $8.98, the closest set is the Razcal Glider $9.48, all of these options are cheaper to get two than the cheapest set with two ravens (Eris Eagle Interceptor which is $26.56). It all depends if you want a set or not, and how big you want the set to be, counting the number of pieces along with the figure, you would want the Razcal Glider, a full 73 pieces more for less then a dollar more

Crocodile's

The cheapest crocodile set is Crugs Swamp Jet which is for sale at 6.99, buying 2 of these is about the price of Crawley Claw Ripper which has only one crocodile, but again the polybag's don't have a good price to piece ratio, the Claw Ripper has a much more reasonable ratio.

Wolf's

Since the wolf's only have a handfull of sets under $20.00 and none of them have 2 figures, this is easy, Winzar's Pack Patrol is $7.70, and winzar as just a minifigute is 2 dollars more expensive, and the next cheapest wolf set is the Ice Tower Speedorz for $11.97 go with the polybag it's the best price for a wolf.

Eagle's

Because the cheapest set with 2 eagles is $49.95 :thumbdown: we have to go single, The cheapest with single eagle is Ewars Acro Fighter which is $9.99 more expensive than the earlier polybags but not 49.95. :tongue:

Gorilla's

There are no Gorilla polybag's (yet) so you have to go loose or speedorz. the cheapest loose figure is G'Loona (11.79) but an army of G'Loona's would be a laughing riot you have to either go with Grumlo ($13.89), Gorzan ($14.89), or the Whirling Vines speedorz (14.99), I would go with Grumlo because he is the cheapest but still a warrior. I am not saying you can't go with G'Loona though, she is the cheapest but I wouldn't is all I'm saying.

Lion's

This was almost a blowout, Lennox loose minifigure is $3.98 *oh2* but there is 1 left in stock, the next cheapest is Leonidas Jungle Dragster (11.95) which is the only polybag that really isn't worth it at this point the Razcal Glider is only $9.99 so this is a disappointment, it is the cheapest lion set, by 3 cents. the Jungle Gates speedorz is unfortunately the way to go, it's 3 cents more expensive for 51 more pieces, easy choice.

Thank you for reading my guide, all feedback is welcome. I wish to offend none with my comments against speedorz or G'Loona.

Edited by GandalfofHoth

Great guide! Thanks for this.

For G'Loona, you could get her, take away some of her printing, and turn her into this:

ChimaShowGorilla.png

A brown gorilla from the TV series, which seems to be that one character that there is many of.

-Sci

Great guide! Thanks for this.

For G'Loona, you could get her, take away some of her printing, and turn her into this:

A brown gorilla from the TV series, which seems to be that one character that there is many of.

-Sci

You're welcome! That's a great idea to add variety to your collection and to save money. :thumbup: