Sign in to follow this  
bigboy99899

MOC: Antarctic Snow Cruiser - An Epic Vehicle

The Antarctic Snow Cruiser was a vehicle designed late 1930's, intended to facilitate transport in Antarctica. It has a very interesting and adventurous history.

the_snow_cruiser_1.png

Cruiser (known as Turtle), a very innovative vehicle, designed to operate at extreme conditions.

Plane (known as Eagle), a Beechcraft D17 Staggerwing type airplane mounted on the roof of the cruiser. (To get the airplane on or off the Cruiser, a ramp of snow was to be built-up to meet the sloping aft deck of the "Turtle".)

the_snow_cruiser_features.png

This set presents the Arctic Snow Cruiser with a correct minifig scale. All the parts connects fine, the whole vehicle is very stable to grant great playability.

With tons of features the set offer a very good playing for everyone.

the_snow_cruiser_arcticview.png

You can find it at:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/46670

If you like it, please support it. Thank you.

More to read about:

http://www.joeld.net...nowcruiser.html

or at the project's page:

http://antarcticsnow...er.blogspot.com

Edited by bigboy99899
Title adjusted

Wow!

Firstly, thanks for bringing this to my attention I hadn't heard of the Antarctic Snow Cruiser. It sounds like a fascinating piece of history.

Secondly, that is a nice looking MOC. You've captured the likeness really well. I hope you can built it physically :wink:

Thirdly, all the best with the Cussoo project. It will be a tough sell to attract a large crowd because I don't think many people will have heard of it (my be wrong). Perhaps you can use the style of the vehicle to win supporters (it looks almost futuristic).

I've never heard of this but looks really interesting! That plane looks especially awesome.

Great rendering.

Have fun building it in the brick if you ever get a chance to.

Thanks for the replies. This was a unique, with a mysterious history, good to be built from Lego. I like to tell stories with my creations.

(My) only problem is that i can't afford to build it (yet).

I was going to try building a model of this at some point (if I ever got round to it, which I probably won't...), so recognised it immediately. I always thought it looked kind of like something that could have been in an episode of Thunderbirds.

Your version looks pretty much spot on. Awesome stuff.

Somewhat interesting read. I can't believe they're dumb enough to put treadless tires on a snow vehicles though. Epic fail.

when I first saw the topic, I thought it was going to be a sno cat, but this is great, really like the story and plane and all, so did they really build this and use it on Antarctica? I can't imagine loading and unloading it down there. Great set, nice story and good luck on the votes

This looks like an excellent concept but it does look like it will be a big set. Isnt there a limit on the amount of bricks that a cuusoo project should have?

@Herky: Thanky ou very much. Man can't believe it, they used it on Antarctica.

@kermit: No, there isn't a a limit for the bricks count. This set has not so extreme brick count, just like a bigger creator set.