Future The Hobbit Sets?

On Pricevortex, they have this list:

79011 Elrond Battle

79012 Elven Outpost

79013 Lake Town Chase

79014 Dol Guldur Battle

I donno where did they get it...

http://www.pricevortex.com

I think this list was found elsewhere a few weeks back. It seems like it could be real, except for Elrond Battle. That is just a bad name for a set.

I think this list was found elsewhere a few weeks back. It seems like it could be real, except for Elrond Battle. That is just a bad name for a set.

I always assume these leaked set names have been bounced through 3 languages and badly translated at each step. It may make more sense in it's original language, and it probably has a better "in context" english name in reality. But the straight translation of one to the other often comes out weird.

I always assume these leaked set names have been bounced through 3 languages and badly translated at each step. It may make more sense in it's original language, and it probably has a better "in context" english name in reality. But the straight translation of one to the other often comes out weird.

I agree but the names can give you some info on the sets anyway. For instance, I bought a set some days ago which was still listed as "Eagles Nest" on the website (The 79009 Black Gate of course). It's true there is an eagle in the set so I like to think that a set like "Elrond Battle" will at least have an Elf in it. :classic:

Well my name theory is:

AT first they said "dol guldur ambush" then they said "Elrond battle" there is already a set called "Dol guldur battle" so that eliminates those 2 words and leaves us with "Elrond ambush" (or something similar) People who read the retaielrs mag proapbly got the names jumbled up in their brains.

We have to see something soon my guess would be that all of a sudden we will get pictures of all the sets and there will be lots to talk about. In the UK the second wave of LOTR sets were very late coming out but surly they cant do the same thing with the hobbit as they will want them in time for the film and Christmas. I am hopping that we don't get many dwarfs and that the sets are filled up with people we have not seen or army types.

Edited by SMC

We have to see something soon my guess would be that all of a sudden we will get pictures of all the sets and there will be lots to talk about. In the UK the second wave of LOTR sets were very late coming out but surly they cant do the same thing with the hobbit as they will want them in time for the film and Christmas. I am hopping that we don't get many dwarfs and that the sets are filled up with people we have not seen or army types.

Well the 3 rumored set names only sounds like only gandalf will be reused.

Just a small theory here, there have recently been 3 sets with the numbers 1024_, all of which are (I believe)D2C.

10240 is the Red Five X-Wing (Licensed),

10241 is the recently revealed Maersk ship,

and 10243 is the just-announced Parisian Restaurant.

That leaves room for a 10242. So maybe a Hobbit D2C set is on the way after all?

Just a small theory here, there have recently been 3 sets with the numbers 1024_, all of which are (I believe)D2C.

That leaves room for a 10242. So maybe a Hobbit D2C set is on the way after all?

That is a nice theory, but I'm not sure if LEGO would release two Middle-Earth related D2C sets within six months of each other. Although, LEGO does consider LOTR and The Hobbit to be their own themes, so there is a chance.

That would be Nice, however, there is a rumour about a UCS Slave I, so i'm afraid that set will fill that spot.

Well, I`ve seen blurry pictures of some sets:

- 79012 Mirkwood Elf Army - 442 parts, 6 minifigs and a grey warg - 2 orcs, 3 elves and some kind of elf king. A wall and tree in tan, dark tan and brown.

- 79011 Dol Guldur Ambush - 3 minifigs - two orcs and some kind of a soldier and grey rock.

- 79014 Dol Guldur Battle - 6 minifigs - Gandalf in grey unifirm, probably Radagast, some kind of Nazgul, normal orc, "white" orc (like Yzneg), and a warrior with big red beard. Set looks similar to Black Gate, only in grey colours.

And 79013 as we seen before. In december in stores.

- 79012 Mirkwood Elf Army - 442 parts, 6 minifigs and a grey warg - 2 orcs, 3 elves and some kind of elf king. A wall and tree in tan, dark tan and brown.

- 79011 Dol Guldur Ambush - 3 minifigs - two orcs and some kind of a soldier and grey rock.

- 79014 Dol Guldur Battle - 6 minifigs - Gandalf in grey unifirm, probably Radagast, some kind of Nazgul, normal orc, "white" orc (like Yzneg), and a warrior with big red beard. Set looks similar to Black Gate, only in grey colours.

Elf army sounds the best!

I just wish orcs are not generic same orcs as before!

oh and i wish elves have shields+armor as seen in trailer!

Edited by Alcarin

is this the warrior with big red beard? http://images4.wikia...ORC_HOBBIT_.jpg

And is the elf king the one in my avatar image? or is it one of these guys: http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/dos184.jpg

I really wish they would make the wargs brown, in the movie they are not really grey at all. And i hope there are some new orc designs..

Was there no Azog? Any chasne that "some kind of nazgul" is the necromancer?

Edited by deskp

The "white" orc sounds like it could be Azog. Shame there's no Galadriel in the wave, but all the other figures sounds good.

The "white" orc sounds like it could be Azog. Shame there's no Galadriel in the wave, but all the other figures sounds good.

It does, But I never imagined azog would show up at dol guldur for a battle. Lego might be joining events into 1 set.

Only 6 figs in biggest set sounds like they could have thrown in another orc.

Thanks for the info!

I hope Radagast is captured well in LEGO. I'm not sure how PJ writes Azog into Dol Guldur, but a set with three exclusives (Radagast, Azog, Bolg) sounds good.

I'll definitely get a Mirkwood Army set! I'm sure army builders will appreciate a warg and multiple elves and orcs in this set. I assume that the elven king is indeed Thranduil, as this would make the set very similar to Uruk-hai army (warg instead of horse, four elves vs. two orcs, one named figure).

Dol Guldur ambush has the potential for a cheap army builder set, too. Two orcs in a cheaper set sounds good if the other pieces are worthwhile. Given the initial set info, the soldier could be Elrond. I'm surprised regarding the apparent lack of Thrain in any Dol Guldur set, and I expected Galadriel, as well.

It does, But I never imagined azog would show up at dol guldur for a battle. Lego might be joining events into 1 set.

Only 6 figs in biggest set sounds like they could have thrown in another orc.

Perhaps the necromancer summons all the orcs to him to join into one big army and Gandalf and radagast are fighting him. Bolg is in the movie promo photo posted is in Dol Guldur so maybe azog and bolg and the necromancer fight Gandalf radagast and a load of elves and you combine the sets to make a huge battle.

This "white" orc is Azog or Bolg because name of him is very short.

Warriow with red beard in 79014 is not orc. Human or dwarf. It`s really hard to tell from this pictures. But he hes long legs, so probably some human warrior.

Black figure in 79014 is probably Necromancer. He hes no helmet or hood, just "bald" head, but this is preliminary image so final version might be different.

Edited by kris kelvin

Perhaps the necromancer summons all the orcs to him to join into one big army and Gandalf and radagast are fighting him. Bolg is in the movie promo photo posted is in Dol Guldur so maybe azog and bolg and the necromancer fight Gandalf radagast and a load of elves and you combine the sets to make a huge battle.

Well the utpost set would be the mirkwood elves wich i dont think will interfere with dol guldur. It should be the rivendell or lothlorien elves that fight at dol guldur, remember Galadirle has 'promised' to help Gandalf when his in a pinch, sending an army would fullfill that.

The Ambush set propably includes Elrond, Since lego want to put A 'hero' figure in all sets. if not, then maybe its a galhadrim or rivendell soldier.

Will be interesting to see if we get pictures this weekend. on saturday it's a year since we got pictures for AUJ.

This "white" orc is Azog or Bolg because name of him is very short.

Warriow with red beard in 79014 is not orc. Human or dwarf. It`s really hard to tell from this pictures.

Black figure in 79014 is probably Necromancer. He hes no helmet or hood, just "bald" head, but this is preliminary image so final version might be different.

The long legs+beard is propably Beorn, does he have a big axe?

http://www.beastsofwar.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Beorn-Sketch-293x394.jpg

Edited by deskp

Thanks for sharing this Kris!

The long legs+beard is propably Beorn, does he have a big axe?

http://www.beastsofw...tch-293x394.jpg

It sounds like him, and would make sense because it would make the set 3 good guys (Gandalf, Beorn and Radagast) vs 3 evil guys (Necro, Azog, normal orc). Especially if the set is similar in size/build to Black Gate (Gandalf, Eagle, Aragorn vs 2 Orcs + Mouth). I'm not to sad about the lack of Elves in this set, since the others will make up for it! :classic: Edited by PassionateMOCNoob

I wonder if there will be NEW bats in Dol guldur set. I do hope beorn uses the long legs, I think theya re really ccool, casue they keep with lego traditions completly.