ZCerberus

Future The Hobbit Sets?

I just took a look at the new pictures of The Simpsons House set. It's a huge, 2000+ piece exclusive! being released at the beginning of a new license that has no previous popularity to go off of. It's mad me wonder about the future of exclusives within this theme.

If LEGO is willing to take the risk of making a big exclusive as the intro to a new theme, perhaps they'll feel the same for the farewell of The Hobbit. Perhaps our chances of seeing a huge Smaug set aren't completely dashed after all. I mean, it's a theory, based simply on observation and fools' hope, but it's still a nice idea.

The simpsons theme, isnt really a theme, its a series of collectable minifigs and one set, they made the most iconic location from the show as well as they could, the theme is fairly aimed at older than kids people so an expenaive set isnt really a problem, also seeeing as it's their only set so far people who care enough will buy it.

Simpsons is a special case for lego,

I dont know. Most of the kids will want a Smaug when its released... So my guess is that they will not be doing a huge D2C set. It's more likely that they will make it 120-150 euro max. I also dont think it requires 2500 pieces to make a dragon.

No sure not. Bur Dragon needs some layout to make it sense..So there are two options - Some part of Lake Town (City Hall with the crossbow tower) or Erebor... And if they create Erebor I wish for the main entrance..nothing like Mines of Moria = Dwarven forge.. and if they really create something like that, it will cost a lot of peaces to make a proper structure... And Dragon will be mostrly molded

Maybe it will be the second part of DoS wave...the numbering of the sets is somehow explanation for this..? Hobbit set 5, Hobbit set 6.... Maybe TLG want to push harder on the potential which brings Hobbit trademark, so they split DoS into 2 wawes, and then in december (or january) we will see another wawe from TABA.

Ooooohhh you gotta kidding me, MEA is damn piece of crap except the minifigs. :/

I like the Set of course for the great Minifigs and especialy the brown Warg (the best looking Warg I think). But think the little Wall is also quite okay. I like the shields;-)

Anyone know more details about the 4 sets? Prices? Possible box sizes? I'm interested to see wether these will be more DOS or TABA sets

I like the Set of course for the great Minifigs and especialy the brown Warg (the best looking Warg I think). But think the little Wall is also quite okay. I like the shields;-)

Shields are quite ok, but I ´ll apreciate new mold insted of that recyclated teardrop :) MEA has some nice and useful bricks, but the set as it is (mean structure) is horrible.

Anyone know more details about the 4 sets? Prices? Possible box sizes? I'm interested to see wether these will be more DOS or TABA sets

I've combined the two bits of information we have thus far:

79015: box size: 191 x 141 x 46 mm, price: ~12€

79016: box size: 282 x 262 x 59 mm, price unknown

79017: box size: unknown, price: ~35€

79018: box size: 582 x 378 x 87 mm, price: ~90€

79015 seems to be your typical 12€ set and probably includes two minifigs just like 9469, 79000 and 79005. It might be three like in other themes, but I wouldn't expect more than two. A fitting option (as suggested before) seems to be a third Dol Guldur set with Galadriel and Sauron. Scenes based on the Laketown attack and the BO5A wouldn't make much sense with this one being such a small set. 79016 and 79017 seem to be roughly the same size and could both be army-builders since the box of 79016 seems to be rather squarish like 9471 and 79017 seems to have the same price as 9471. Those two could thus be based on the BO5A :thumbup: The box of the last one is as big as 79008 and seems to be a similarly priced set, so I'd expect something quite substantial (like Smaug :wub:)

I've combined the two bits of information we have thus far:

79015: box size: 191 x 141 x 46 mm, price: ~12€

79016: box size: 282 x 262 x 59 mm, price unknown

79017: box size: unknown, price: ~35€

79018: box size: 582 x 378 x 87 mm, price: ~90€

79015 seems to be your typical 12€ set and probably includes two minifigs just like 9469, 79000 and 79005. It might be three like in other themes, but I wouldn't expect more than two. A fitting option (as suggested before) seems to be a third Dol Guldur set with Galadriel and Sauron. Scenes based on the Laketown attack and the BO5A wouldn't make much sense with this one being such a small set. 79016 and 79017 seem to be roughly the same size and could both be army-builders since the box of 79016 seems to be rather squarish like 9471 and 79017 seems to have the same price as 9471. Those two could thus be based on the BO5A :thumbup: The box of the last one is as big as 79008 and seems to be a similarly priced set, so I'd expect something quite substantial (like Smaug :wub:)

How is the third set RRP 35€ is beyond me... this just cant seem to fit logic...

usually sets go

9.99-14.99

26.99-29.99

39.99-49.99

69.99-139,99

Those seem to be the logical brackets.... how can the retailer exclusive be between 12 and 35 € sets is beyond my logic but then again LEGO is full of illogical decisions regarding both LOTR and Hobbit

Wasn't it 79017 that was the retailer exclusive? Not 79016? That would make sense since it would be between 35-90 Euro.. probably around $40 US like the last 2 retailer exclusives. Also those prices are in euros so they aren't going to be the same as in the US. The 12€ probably IS $9.99-12.99, €35 is 29.99-39.99, and €90 is $99.99-129.99.

So I saw DOS again a few days ago and I'm wondering...Lego has to make two big sets: Smaug, and Erebor. So do you think maybe Smaug would be a $130 set and Erebor maaaaaybe a $200 D2C?

So I saw DOS again a few days ago and I'm wondering...Lego has to make two big sets: Smaug, and Erebor. So do you think maybe Smaug would be a $130 set and Erebor maaaaaybe a $200 D2C?

Smaug does not have to be a big set at all. And Erebor. not really that important..

Wasn't it 79017 that was the retailer exclusive? Not 79016? That would make sense since it would be between 35-90 Euro.. probably around $40 US like the last 2 retailer exclusives. Also those prices are in euros so they aren't going to be the same as in the US. The 12€ probably IS $9.99-12.99, €35 is 29.99-39.99, and €90 is $99.99-129.99.

I dont see how there can be 35€ retail priced set... its either 26.99€ 29.99€ or 39.99€ and the last is the most logical... since all Mirkwood/uruk hai armies and Elronds council were 39.99€ ... I never ever seen a set retailing for 35€ so its weird.

If 79016 = 35€ (more logical to be 29.99 or 39.99) then I can only see the exclusive be 49.99€ or same in $ ..... Wasnt Barrel escape 50$ ???

Smaug does not have to be a big set at all. And Erebor. not really that important..

On a contrary, Erebor is the main reason of their journey..Thorin and Company want to reclaim their Homeland..which is Erebor :)

I dont see how there can be 35€ retail priced set... its either 26.99€ 29.99€ or 39.99€ and the last is the most logical... since all Mirkwood/uruk hai armies and Elronds council were 39.99€ ... I never ever seen a set retailing for 35€ so its weird.

If 79016 = 35€ (more logical to be 29.99 or 39.99) then I can only see the exclusive be 49.99€ or same in $ ..... Wasnt Barrel escape 50$ ???

Barrel Escape was and yet is overpriced

Having just seen DoS...There is no way Smaug could be less than a thousand pieces and still work.

Having just seen DoS...There is no way Smaug could be less than a thousand pieces and still work.

Lego doesn't build them in the real scale, he jsut the needs to be big, he'll proapbly be molded in the size of the new t-rex

Trex size would work for me! compared to Bilbo and the dwarves Trex size is huge! Plus Lego will want to make it available to younger kids so they won't put Smaug in a set over £130. I' not expecting an orthanc price tag for the Smaug set. As the main villain of the franchise. Lego will want to make him widely available and not exclusive to some mega £200 set. My guess for the price is £79.99-£129.99. Any higher would seem ridiculous for the main villain.

Edited by legofreak86

And Erebor. not really that important..

LOL, the whole premise of The Hobbit is the Quest for Erebor. I'd say it's pretty damn important.

LOL, the whole premise of The Hobbit is the Quest for Erebor. I'd say it's pretty damn important.

Not in a lego context. Most of the action happens elsewhere.

Did you see DOS? I'd say a good 20-30 minutes were spent there. Action scenes! There will be even more in TABA. I'd love an Erebor set.

Did you see DOS? I'd say a good 20-30 minutes were spent there. Action scenes! There will be even more in TABA. I'd love an Erebor set.

sure but thats all stuff that would make for bade disconnected sets. And the whole smaug sequence is just fluff.

Totally. He was HUGE in the movie. $130 set, brick-built Smaug, small dock with arrow shooter, Bard minifigure. Flagship set. :grin:

(even though 1 minifig is too little for an $130 set. Maybe it could be a small pile of gold, the Arkenstone, DOS Bilbo, and lots of dwarves instead.)

Totally. He was HUGE in the movie. $130 set, brick-built Smaug, small dock with arrow shooter, Bard minifigure. Flagship set. :grin:

(even though 1 minifig is too little for an $130 set. Maybe it could be a small pile of gold, the Arkenstone, DOS Bilbo, and lots of dwarves instead.)

Smaug made of around 1000 bricks? Or even 800, 700...500 is just insane wet dream ladds :)

If you ask me we will get Smaug, i mean he is the main villain?

i don't think lego will end the line without making it

especially with all the Ninjago dragon stuff, Kids love it!

and i think the Kids will buy Smaug

If you ask me they can add a DOS Thorin, Bilbo and Balin/Dwalin or Fili/Kili

They can make a scene about the Gold covering when they are fighting against Smaug

Or the Lake-town attack.

But the gold covering scene would be best for Children with an Exploding golden dwarf action feature

but i doubt they will make that :L

I just want Smaug no matter what scene! Also i wish for a Dain Ironfoot and i would love some new Clothes for the dwarves. Especially Thorin and Bilbo

Gimme gimme new clothes, Gimme gimme Smaug Smaug!

-Kevkipo

Ps can anyone help me with my Signature? i found it but it won't show up with my message's :I

Edited by kevkipo

and new elves with armour prints and helmets, and dwarfs form Iron Hills, with their leader Dain ridding on a boar :) and new armoured orc of course :)