ZCerberus

Future The Hobbit Sets?

TABA will probably be the few key events that do happen after the BO5A (eg. Dain becoming king, Bilbo's important talks and stops, etc), and probably several bloated action scenes Peter Jackson will come up with. I'm also guessing there's going to be a lot of LOTR trilogy 'foreshadowing', similar to the kind of stuff he did in AUJ.

Unfortunately.

TABA will probably be the few key events that do happen after the BO5A (eg. Dain becoming king, Bilbo's important talks and stops, etc), and probably several bloated action scenes Peter Jackson will come up with. I'm also guessing there's going to be a lot of LOTR trilogy 'foreshadowing', similar to the kind of stuff he did in AUJ.

Unfortunately.

I guess, but will it be enough to fill up two whole hours of movie?

I guess, but will it be enough to fill up two whole hours of movie?

More than likely; the prologue about Erebor, the scene with present-day Bilbo and Frodo, and the entire party did account for a lot time. I could definitely see him doing the same thing after the BO5A at Erebor, Bilbo and Gandalf doing something at Beorn's house on the way back, and probably something at Rivendell as well concerning Dol Guldur and the revelation that the Necromancer is really Sauron if they don't go over it in DoS.

Yeah, I was wondering what will happen in the third Hobbit film since this upcoming one is The Desolation of Smaug. What happens afterward? What will Lego do for it?

We may all be suffering from a misconception about DoS and TABA? For the most part we all seem to think that the dividing point will be the death of Smaug, limiting Smaug to just the second film. This might not be the case. The climax of the Smaug story may be in the third film, with the second comprising a lot of the fleshed out Dol Guldar stuff? That would explain the set names. Remember the last minute decision didn't just effect Lego's plans for the first wave. There are probably a few sets that they originally had planned for this one, that have now been pushed back into the third, without a huge addition of new iconic scenes for them to select alternatives from the second. They may have planned a big Smaug set for this wave, and simply pushed it back without replacing it in the release schedule. Just as Jackson is essentially padding out his work to turn 2 movies into 3, Lego is probably mostly padding their plans out to turn 2 planned waves into three.

I would imagine that their LotR/Hobbit product managers were more than a bit peeved at Jackson and company over the last minute changes to AUJ, that left them with major product on the shelves that had not been seen in the movie. I can't see that they had any reason to be overly enthusiastic about expending major resources to correct for the filmakers last minute changes. (A ton of toy companies were kinda furious about the change. Especially those who produced Tauriel stuff.)

We may all be suffering from a misconception about DoS and TABA? For the most part we all seem to think that the dividing point will be the death of Smaug, limiting Smaug to just the second film. This might not be the case. The climax of the Smaug story may be in the third film, with the second comprising a lot of the fleshed out Dol Guldar stuff?

Maybe, but it seems like there just wouldn't be enough there. I mean I know there's Mirkwood, the Elf Castle part, and Lake Town, but will it really be enough to fit in without Smaug?

Edited by Lego Spy

Maybe, but it seems like there just wouldn't be enough there. I mean I know there's Mirkwood, the Elf Castle part, and Lake Town, but will it really be enough to fit in without Smaug?

Smaug will be included to some extent, there is absolutely no doubt about that. The question is just if he will die or not in the second film.

I could see PJ going either way, he could have the dwarves trying to figure out how to get into the secret entrance in the mountain and Bilbos interactions with Smaug and end it there OR he could include all that plus the big Lake Town battle with Smaug. It's really hard to say what PJ will do. The only thing for certain is PJ probably added a LOT of extra Smaug content not from the book.

Smaug will be included to some extent, there is absolutely no doubt about that. The question is just if he will die or not in the second film.

I could see PJ going either way, he could have the dwarves trying to figure out how to get into the secret entrance in the mountain and Bilbos interactions with Smaug and end it there OR he could include all that plus the big Lake Town battle with Smaug. It's really hard to say what PJ will do. The only thing for certain is PJ probably added a LOT of extra Smaug content not from the book.

I could see it following two towers with the battle of dol guldur (in place of helm's deep) going alongside a way more action packed battle of laketown (in place of osgiliath)

Does this sound like LEGO talk to you guys?

Yes! We're discussing the movies to get an idea of what sets they'll make for them...

Ok maybe it is getting a little off topic. :laugh:

Yeah- talk about what might be in the movie and then ADD what the means for a set. That is fine, but I can see this spiraling into chaos on the current path.

Oh my, whats the hope for new lotr orcs, when they even reuse the lotr orc face for other creatures in their video game..

http://l3cdn.funcom....es_online_9.jpg

:sceptic:

woah! great one!

do you know where can I find more building screen shots from lotr video game? thanks

Ooooo! Those look to be possibly CMF Satyr's? They could blend nicely into Middle Earth builds.

They are just for the game, they reuse too many assets to be 'real'.

so we have 3 waves right?

Most people are assuming so. a second wave is a definite though, as there's an add for it in the back of the summer LOTR sets.

Is this erebor set true that I have heard of?

We have heard nothing of an Erebor set.

Yeah, I don't think that's ever come up. I wouldn't be surprised if they made one though, depending on whatever scenes happen.