Sign in to follow this  
IronArtist

Boycott BrickQueen! She's a thief and liar.

Hello fellow brick-heads!

I bring you all very disappointing tidings indeed! It has come to my attention that the YouTube member, whom goes by the alias BrickQueen has brazenly stolen my intellectual property and is purporting it as her own. It does not come easy to me to publically name and shame another person over the internet. However, you will see that I have been left with no other alternative. Miss BrickQueen is a thief and a terrible liar to boot!

I recently joined the YouTube community and I happened to stumble upon a video entitled Custom LEGO mini-figure Goku Dragon Ball Z review, created by some self-styled unofficial LEGO Guru (BrickQueen). Immediately I recognized the artwork as my own. At first I was somewhat flattered that somebody else used my design and like it enough to constitute an online video review. Naturally, I just had to view this video. It was not until the video expired did I realise that this person was in fact claiming this design as their own. I was completely flabbergasted! So, I set about contacting this BrickQueen in regards to acknowledging that she was not the creator of this design. She denied having appropriated my artwork altogether, brushing of my concerns as "accusations". When I issued her with rock-solid proof that I myself was the original creator of the artwork, not her - she immediately deleted all of my comments. One would presume in a feeble attempt to conceal her folly, in order to safeguard her reputation. So, I am left with no other alternative but to name and shame!

Some of you may remember me by one of these screen-names: CrimsonElixir, IronAlchemist or the IronArtist - if so, kudos to you! You have clearly been in the mini-figure customization circle for quite some time. A few years ago now I threw in the towel from designing for the very same reason that I must address you now. I became utterly disgusted by others illegitimately claiming my work as their own. So, I called it a day. It really does saddens me that some years later I must do the same now. It is disappointing as I did really get to be quite good at this and could have even made a career of it. I'm sure you'd all have benefitted from viewing my design too!

My Original design:

goku-mi_zpsa9d03d93.png

The video in question:

My old brickshelf account, dating back several years:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=294657

As you'll see, there were multiple other Dragon Ball designs also. I'm surprised he didn't lay claim to those also! I would strongly urge all of you to boycott this deviant posing as a messiah - including all her content. At least until I receive a genuine apology from miss BrickQueen. Thank you and good day!

IronArtist.

Edited by IronArtist

What ever you do, DO NOT modify the folder. This is sick.

I will join this boycott. I was blocked for no-good reasons a while back from her channel, and she deleted all of the comments I posted there too. This is shameful.

What I like best is how epically she failed at applying the decals. The torso shape is supposed to be suggestive as a reference for scale, not to be actually applied to the figure. I mean, c'mon. How can she deny that it isn't my work when you can cleary see it is the same.

Edited by IronArtist

You could probably get her video pulled off youtube for IP infringements if you report it to youtube with the evidence you have here.

The sad thing is I really doubt that! She's had millions of view on her videos. I on the other hand have on video, with only 53 views. Who do you think makes more money for YouTube with advertising? It really isn't in their best interest to do so, now is it?

What I like best is how epically she failed at applying the decals. The torso shape is supposed to be suggestive as a reference for scale, not to be actually applied to the figure. I mean, c'mon. How can she deny that it isn't my work when you can cleary see it is the same. Petty little person indeed!

as she says in the video "i tried it with the eyes filled in white ... i added this little symbol on the front ... and on the back" she almost admits, that she just took someone elses work and altered it a little.

its kinda cocky to say "i think i can do better" after stealing basicly the whole design though she never really claimed to have done the whole work -

maybe she did in the comments but she was "smart" enough to delete them. she really should apologize to you and feel ashamed.

i dont follow any lego-youtube channels - i sometimes just check some reviews (which are think are mostly horribly made) but i wont click any videos of brick"queen" in the future.

How did she get her hands on the decals? Did she print them out herself or got it from a secondary source. It would be better if you watermark your decals from now on. I dont want to point any accusations at anyone since l dont know the full story behind this but , it does look suspicious. If you have very strong evidence then you should present it to youtube or through whatever legal mediums available. No offence meant and I do understand your anger but , you might want to refrain from the name calling (which you have every right to do) as it may hamper your case if you do decide to take some sort or legal action.

Edited by kermit

Seeing as I originally made these decals back in either 2007 or 2008, I don't plan on making any more. I am certain she lifted the artwork directly from my deviant art account. It was the only time I ever posted the back decal to this particular figure design. They were only up there for a few weeks late last year, which coincides perfectly with when her video was first uploaded. What really irks me is not that she used or altered my design, that's exactly the reason I created them in the first place - it's the fact that she maintained the lie when pressed, up until the point where I issued her with stern proof. When she realised she was sprung she immediately went about covering her tracks by deleting all her posts, as well as my own. I mean how childish can you be? Why would you lie about having creating a lego design? I can think of a billion things that would necessitate lying and this is not one of them. What a petty little person. She's clearly making money from these videos, which gets me thinking... how much of her content is really her own? Has she done this to others alos?

The most fantastic part of the internet is that nothing is truley deleted, unless you destroy the sever in which the data resides that is! Here is proof that when confronted with the undeniable truth this "BrickQueen" flat out lied and then covered her tracks. Unfortunately for her I am not the type who givies away royal pardons, I will see to it that you all know just how petty and devious she is!

idiot_zps569be1ba.jpg

IronArtist, I think it's time you contact someone like the Brick Truth. They will confront her, I'm sure.

Best of luck, this is still just an awful move of her. :sad:

Whom or what is the BrickTruth, pray tell?

It's a blog that exposes LEGO YouTubers who do bad stuff and cheap things for money. Sometimes they jump to conclusions too soon, but it's a very interesting site. I'm on mobile so I can't link it right now, but I'm sure they will get the attention of many people about this situation.

Hmm... it would seem that this might actually be a viable solution. According to his blog TBT has previously had open dialogue with this BrickQueen. Perhaps he has built up some level of rapport, at least enough to get the message across. All I've been getting is the silent treatment after my comments were deleted. Maybe he can infiltrate her defenses better than I, or at the very least write a humorous entry about the whole fiasco. I will contact TBT.

Edited by IronArtist

That BTTF Queen video... What a spoiled brat. And now this, grow up honestly. These YouTubers and thier shocking knowledge of the hobby need to grow up or get smart. This is in regards to the 'big' tubers which basically means that they are worshipped by eight year olds.

I've never even heard of this channel, and I'm definitely not gonna start watching it anytime soon. If there's one thing I remember from grade school, it's that plagirizing gets you nowhere. Her explanation to why it's "her design" makes no sense in retrospect. Two people cannot draw exactly the same. The only plausible way that could be true is... Well, there isn't one. She's a thief, a liar, and a scumbag. What we need is an official Lego Judiciary Branch.

The fig she posted is the designs from JL Custom Brick Studio on flickr. So unless that is you, it isn't yours. Since you posted a different torso design than what she has showcased.

-Omi