Sign in to follow this  
just2good

Poptropica Cuusoo gets 10K supporters!

thumb640x360.png

It was a long journey of advertising, but it made it! Congrats to Jeff Kinney!

I bet his will pass the review stage. It's fitting as a LEGO set, and the presentation was fantastic! I love the Dr. Hare figure!

What do y'all think about it? Will it pass? Do you like it?

Edited by just2good

TBH, I played this when it first opened up, and I played this island, and I would really love to see a set based off of this. :blush:

I'm super excited!

-Sci

This is great, my kids love poptropica and when I have done it with them, it is fun, my favorite is the skullduggery island with Captain Crawfish, but I think there are now over 30 islands...enough to have a long line of poptropica sets if they like. Was hoping they would hit 10K, with them and Ghostbusters hitting it, hope they can get licenses and get the products out there.

I've never heard of this "Poptropica". As only one set seems to get through each review, I hope that this set does not pass review (no disrespect intended to original creators and anyone who wants this) so that we get a set which is more likely to appeal to me. Yeah, I know that it sounds a bit selfish, but that is just my opinion.

This is a very cute little set, and while I haven't played Poptropica, I'd love to have this become a set, and I think it's the most likely to happen. Too bad it likely won't be until mid to late 2014 when we get it. That being said, I think this could very easily result in an actual theme, as noted by Herky.

:wacko:

I must be getting old. I have no idea what this is!

I've never heard of this "Poptropica".

Same here. :look: Some searching shows that apparently it's a Flash-based MMORPG-style online game for kids aged 6-15. I guess it fits in with TLG's target audience.

Yeah, to be honest, I've never played Pop Tropica and I only heard about it as I'm a big fan of Diary of a Wimpy Kid (same creators). I'm not sure how popular it is, but I'm sure it's really popular with a younger audience. :classic:

Like my fellow Star Wars fans here, I had never heard of this game before. Because of this and because this set doesn't include any pieces or minifigs of interest to me, I don't really care about it. It looks cute, though, and seems like a good adaption of the source material, so good for the fans of the game I guess. I don't see anything standing in the way of it passing the review.

I've never heard of this either until I saw people talking about it for CUUSOO. But then again I've never heard of Minecraft either and that seemed to go over really well in LEGO form. I guess I'm just out of the loop with today's games.

As far as I'm concerned, I hope it does pass review so it will be one less thing I will buy. Help me save some money. If something I want passes review, then I'm out the money. See the dilemma?

Poptropica is an online game for kids although can be played by anyone. It is the brainchild of Jeff Kinney who actually started this along with the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. Both of the ideas resulted from an educational site called FunBrain which is targeted to help kids with math skills. Essentially you create a character and then travel to different islands to solve puzzles and beat the island for which you are awarded a medal. It's actually kind of fun and somewhat educational as there is an art island that teaches you about works of art and an invention island that goes into that type of thing, there is the skullduggery which teaches about buying and selling and such. With over 30 islands now, kids really like it. I would google it if you want to know more or just go play it once. Dr Hare is an island that is very popular, you have to go through and solve the puzzles to get to Dr Hare and defeat him.

Minecraft is a bit beyond me but it also played by kids and adults and you essentially build stuff in big giant blocks. My kids love it, but I just didn't get the point of doing it online if I have Legos to do the same thing in real life.