MstrOfPppts

[SoNE] Unexpected visit

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

There I was working in the Jabba's engine room. Nothing special, just normal maintenance for some easy earnings. Stormtroopers rushed in from outside, they didn't shoot just stood there. The cowardly Gamorreans beat it upstairs right when Darth Vader step in. I pulled my gun and before I could hold it properly a strange force pulled it out of my hand, slowly landing it on the floor just in front of me. Lord Vader spoke: "You should join the Empire. I feel that you have all the competence to become one of my best troopers. This is your last chance if you want to see another day!"

What choice did I have, with my wrench against the lightsaber, I joined ...

SoNEfb2-1.jpg

SoNEfb2-2.jpg

SoNEfb2-3.jpg

Hope you guys like it, C&C welcome and yes I want this judged too :grin:

Great work :thumbup: :thumbup: You recapture the feeling of Tatooine environment :wink:

Excellent detail and use of SNOT for the floor. I like all of the machinery all over the place, especially the 'vaporator' looking device in the foreground. Also, clever positioning of the blaster in your guy's hand making it look like Vader is pulling it away from him.

Love that SNOT-floor, and nice details you've put in the scene. Great work on the piping also.

One remark: the red toolbox feels a bit 'strange' or not in place.

Very nice!

Vader recruiting troopers himself? you must really be worth it :laugh:

Great display, I like how the rocks mark out the vignette :thumbup: .

Edited by Sebeus I

The floor, the walls, the rocks and all the details work together really great! :thumbup: :thumbup: I cant wait to see you on Bespin, we need the best men over there, If Lord Vader asked you to join him self must be for a good reason.

Very cool! The room fits perfect in Jabba's palace. And I adore that floor. Well, Vader in Jabba's Palace, I'm not sure... but the vignette is too good to query the story.

Excellent work! I love how you did the thick dark tan floor and sank all the details into it. Great amount of detailing all around. :wub:

I appreciate all the nice words. I agree that the red box screams out a bit, but there's no other piece that nicely detailed resembling a toolbox. About Vader, if you don't believe it, go ask him yourself ... maybe I really am special, who knows?

All the deatils are outsatanding on this, anybody can see that you put much effort to do it, I Really like the overall look, great work!

Wow! I love the engine. Nice use of the large ship parts. Really captures the feel of a Star Wars engine. Wish I had that many light tan bricks. Nice work!

Thanks for blogging it Brickdoctor. I thought that the Hobbit reference was to the Unexpected Gathering set. I admit the overall shape does look a bit like the Volkswagen T1 Camper Van :grin:

Thanks for blogging it Brickdoctor. I thought that the Hobbit reference was to the Unexpected Gathering set. I admit the overall shape does look a bit like the Volkswagen T1 Camper Van :grin:

Volkswagen Camper Van? :look: I just saw the word 'unexpected', so I wrote the title "Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka: An Unexpected Visit" instead of "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey", and then the reference was when I drew a parallel between Gandalf visiting Bilbo and Vader visiting MstrOfPppts, and I wrote "When a Maiar Istari Dark Lord of the Sith comes knocking at your door and asks you to join him in his quest, it’s hard to refuse."

Am I missing something obvious here? :blush:

Not missing anything. What I wanted to say is, that at first - before reading the blog, just your post - I thought that the Hobbit reference will be about the general shape of my MOC, which looks like the "green camper van" set :laugh:

Not missing anything. What I wanted to say is, that at first - before reading the blog, just your post - I thought that the Hobbit reference will be about the general shape of my MOC, which looks like the "green camper van" set :laugh:

Ah, I see. :classic: