Maxim I

The Historica City Guide (Chapter II Edition)

The first edition was never really completed and as I have a completely different lay-out in my mind now, it seemed better to just make a new one.

Also, it would be great if you guys give me some help with the herald of your city :classic: It is easily done with these templates:

http://www.classic-c...valShields.html

Those who want another shape:

http://www.classic-c...undShields.html (round shields for Mitgardians)

(those who have trouble with it: check out this post)

First of all the index:

Post 1 : Avalonia

Post 2 : Kaliphlin

Post 3 : Mitgardia

Post 4 : Nocturnus

Avalonia

Map:

7927606264_756abfffaa_z.jpg

Ruler:

unknown

Capital:

Albion, more info coming soon

Counties:

County of Arod Mearas

County of Benoic

County of Burrium (Lesser Burium)

• 9554610897_73ba0a46f5_n.jpg
  • Capital : Denitor
  • Ruler : Lord Sylvius Flavecius (Kerntechniker)
  • Active Builder: Owlan (Penkid11)
  • Wikia :
  • MOC's :
    Beacons (Penkid11) - Cristil Bloom (Penkid11) - Forest (Penkid11)

County of Burrium (Greater Burium)

• Herald : Coming soon
  • Capital : ?
  • Ruler : Lord Sylvius Flavecius (Kerntechniker)
  • Active Builder: Kerntechniker
  • Wikia :
  • MOC's :
    Watchtower (by Kerntechniker)

County of Mesodraconem

County of Vanhorn & City of Vanguard

coming soon

Outposts & Watchtowers:

coming soon

Embassies:

coming soon

Other Landmarks:

Edited by Damaximus

Kaliphlin

Map:

7907242420_ccfe0cbc5e.jpg

Ruler:

Council of High Lords

Capital:

Petraea,

Cities:

Aden's Gate

Amrakect

• Herald coming soon
  • Ruler: Lady Erynlasgalen
  • Wikia: coming soon
  • MOC's

Barqa

Eastgate

• 9518871860_bfa92b7eef_n.jpg

Mpya Stedor

Qarkyr

Queenscross

Ras-El-Akhen

more cities coming soon

Outposts & Clans:

Everlast

more outposts coming soon

Other Landmarks:

Trading Organisations:

Gear Co

• Full Name : Greater Eastgate Articles and Rations Company
  • City : Eastgate
  • CEO : Petera Maclean (SkaForHire)
  • Wikia : /
  • more info coming soon

M.A.E.S.T.R.O.

• Full Name : Mpya Stedor All-Encompassing Science, Trade & Research Organisation
  • City : Mpya Stedor
  • CEO : Damaximus (Damaximus)
  • Second in command : Tomvaximus
  • more info coming soon

P.G.T.C.

• Full Name : Petraea General Trade Company
  • City : Petraea
  • CEO : Rasputing Jones (Robuko)
  • more info coming soon

coming soon

Universities

University of Petraea

• Coming Soon

Naval Academy of Mpya Stedor

• Coming Soon

Mercenary Groups

coming soon

Edited by Damaximus

Mitgardia

Map:

coming soon

Ruler:

Jarl Elon Chorian

Capital:

Valholl, more info coming soon

Cities, Outposts & Valleys:

Town of Daydelon

Valley of Ondylion

City of Stoneroda

City of Thorshaven

coming soon

Other Landmarks:

coming soon

Edited by Damaximus

Nocturnus

Map:

coming soon

Ruler:

Unknown

Capital:

Abyssan, more info coming soon

Cities, Outposts & Areas:

Claw Breakers Area

Village of Master Racoon

• 9557398346_21b60f003d_n.jpg
  • Ruler: Master Racoon (Hersbrucker)
  • Wikia: /
  • Completed: topic

Shadowmere

Werewolves Caves

• 9554609231_4278c167cb_n.jpg
  • Ruler: Lord Darecold (Hersbrucker)
  • Wikia: /
  • Completed: topic
  • MOC's:

more coming soon

Drow Cities:

coming soon

Other Landmarks:

coming soon

Yeees! you can reply!!

Edited by Damaximus

Great topic, only a bit empty with Mitgardia, when will those be filled? (can I reply yet or not?)

Great topic, only a bit empty with Mitgardia, when will those be filled? (can I reply yet or not?)

You can already reply :classic:

When I have the time, I will upload the information :classic: In the meantime, I want everyone to create a herald for their city, but only Kaliphlin members have responded to that so far :sceptic:

In Avalonia we have Countys. Benoic (my county) don´t have a large city, just smaller villages. What do I (we)do?

DeGothia, but you *are* a (minor) Lord right? Every nobleman during the middleages would have had a Heraldry(afaik) or perhaps a city(they too can be small) or country heraldry

Minor Lord?! I would consider my self a mighty and rich Lord in a smaller County. Why have a great city so close the Pearl City?

And I will come up with a heraldry for Benoic, the most built County in Historica!

Edit: The Heraldry of the County of Benoic is done!

9530537039_b2a88f5293.jpg

Love conquers all!

Edited by de Gothia

I think Avalonian counties should count just as well as cities, as such a feodal society probably isn't all centered on the cities?

Benoic is an excellent example of a county which definitely should be included in a guide of Historica.

DG: I really like your shield, even though I think the text would be a bit hard to read at minifig scale. The motto sounds quite pacifistic btw :wink:

Regarding Barqa, I will try to come up with a suitable heraldry when time permits.

Edited by Gideon

You can already reply :classic:

When I have the time, I will upload the information :classic: In the meantime, I want everyone to create a herald for their city, but only Kaliphlin members have responded to that so far :sceptic:

I think Mitgardia isn't really that heavy about claiming territory and building cities... :look: so I don't think that there will be very many Mitgardian shields.

However, I might do one if I have much time :classic:

I think Mitgardia isn't really that heavy about claiming territory and building cities... :look: so I don't think that there will be very many Mitgardian shields.

Maybe Mitgardia is more centered around clan/family/group in other way which has its own heraldry?

My mitgardian cities are rather democratic and have elected mayors more or less independent from the overlords

@dG: Yeah, for Avalonia, it will be better indeed to work with Counties and Cities :classic:

@Gravgunner: that is a possibility as well :)

@dG (part 2): That's what I mean!!! Perfect :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

@Gideon: (about the pacifistic motto) Avalonian hippies . I am looking forward to the herald of Barqa :sweet:

@Garmadon: There are some Mitgardian cities, but clans for example have their herald as well. Also you can create a round herald if you want: http://www.classic-castle.com/howto/articles/RoundShields.html

@Jeroenaa: check the first post of this topic :wink:

@Kabel, just make a herald for your cities or I will forget them :devil: Even the most democratic cities have a herald to represent them :classic:

@Jeroenaa: check the first post of this topic :wink:

Ok, thanks, I will make a cool shield, do I post it here? I am afraid I can't upload photos of the houses and other buildings for my city, but I hope to get them up as soon as possible. First I need a name for my city, any suggestions?

@dm: I will do that for thorshaven and stoneroda, helgestorp is only a tiny village

Ok, thanks, I will make a cool shield, do I post it here? I am afraid I can't upload photos of the houses and other buildings for my city, but I hope to get them up as soon as possible. First I need a name for my city, any suggestions?

Make it sound like a Mitgardian name :laugh: And you can upload it here :classic:

@Kabel: ok :classic:

@all: it would be cool that after a month, all cities/counties/outposts/clans/... can look like this:

Benoic

As de Gothia is the first non Kaliphlin who responded, Benoic has the honour to be completed as first :classic:

@Damaximus: I checked out the link, but I don't understand how to make it. I guess I won't be making a shield now.

@Damaximus: I checked out the link, but I don't understand how to make it. I guess I won't be making a shield now.

You see there two templates:

TemplateOvalShield.jpg & TemplateSolidOvalShield.jpg

Just copy paste them in Paint / photoshop / Gimp / ... and be creative :classic:

Thanks, I can use paint I guess, not sure though. When I get my city shield up, it worked, if not, it didn't work. Thanks for the help!!

Indeed and although I'm not yet really convinced of the use of this topic personally as it's (also) going to be a moc index which already exists. But here's the first one from Mitgardia:

9539667144_df7ea07c8e.jpg

Indeed and although I'm not yet really convinced of the use of this topic personally as it's (also) going to be a moc index which already exists. But here's the first one from Mitgardia:

9539667144_df7ea07c8e.jpg

yeeez, perfect! :classic:

Well, there is indeed already a MOC index, but this one will not be just a sum up of all the MOC's. Also not all the MOC's will be indexed in here :classic: It will be more a touristic information topic about all our beautifull cities in Historica :classic:

I created something similar in the beginning of GoH, but that wasn't so organised and it became quickly a mess :sceptic:

Unlike the MOC index, the MOC's will be grouped by city and not by member who made it :classic: The first 2 completed examples show this (Benoic & Petraea)

Ok, I started to make a shield, but I can't copy it from Paint :sceptic: , anyone knows how to do that??