Sign in to follow this  
narbilu

SoNE - Episode 1 - Save passage to freedom

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

banner_episode1.jpg

3 ABY (38:7:9) Cloud City

episode_1_-_topview.jpg

The Rebellion troopers are assembled and briefed that Cloud City is in high alert. All civilians have to be evacuated as soon as possible. Teams are formed to gather as many civilians as possible and transport them to the main loading docks where the I-class ship is awaiting orders.

Narbilu and her team are assigned to the top floor of the city and rush up to secure a young family of three. When they run the corridors they are intercepted by a few stormtroopers. They manage to reach the platform, where the fight starts. From every angle stormtroopers start firing at the rebellion team.

Just in time the two pilots with speeders (ADC-2 :: Airspeeder Diplomat Cab – 2 seated) arrive to bring the team and the family to the I-class ship platform. Under heavy fire they manage to board the speeders and join the rest of the refugees.

episode_1_-_side_one.jpg

episode_1_-_overview.jpg

episode_1_-_detailshot_narbilu.jpg

Detailed picture of the ADC-2

episode_1_-_adc2.jpg

The complete set and some more pictures can be viewed on

my Flickr

PS: can anyone change the title to "Save passage to freedom"

Smooth entry, but I don't like the story too much. I thought we're not supposed to deviate from the OT story too much and by rescuing princess here, you're leaving Luke to rot on the antenna under Cloud City :grin: Rebells destroy themselves ... And on the build, I like the round design of the building and the platform is nice and smooth. Though beeing rounded would look even better. If you have enough bricks, maybe it's worth trying to expand the bridge a little. The platform is just too close to the doors. Also as in Sebeus' creation, I'm not too fond of the gold color in Cloud City.

I thought it was important to evacuate the princess - but I may misinterpretated the mission...

Any comments are appreciated and this is still WIP :grin:

• The Alliance's goal is to help evacuate Cloud City, particularly Princess Leia and the Millenium Falcon. Rebel players should depict in their entry their character helping to fulfull that goal.

Very nice, story-wise it is a bit strange, considering Princess Leia is supposed to be at the Millenium Falcon along with Lando, Chewbacca etc.

Nevertheless, I like the MOC, personally I think there's a place for pearl gold at Cloud City, I just haven't figured out yet where exactly :grin:.

I like how you used pearl gold on the tower, two subtile lines. But I don't think it fits on the platform, especially with the yellow there.

I thought it was important to evacuate the princess - but I may misinterpretated the mission...

Any comments are appreciated and this is still WIP :grin:

• The Alliance's goal is to help evacuate Cloud City, particularly Princess Leia and the Millenium Falcon. Rebel players should depict in their entry their character helping to fulfull that goal.

What the rule means is that even though you shouldn't be straying from the canon storyline, there are empty spots in the plot where you could plausibly have helped the Princess. Covering their escape through Cloud City: plausible. Taking them away on a different ship: not so much. (And note that the rule specifically mentions the Falcon; while it doesn't say it, it implies that the Princess is still on that ship.)

If you want to do it this way, it's not completely implausible; we can call it...transporting the Princess around a checkpoint to get to the Falcon, or something like that.

Very smooth, I really like it :thumbup: , I would recomend to: separate the incoming stormtroopers, change those golden wire things beside the bridge, change the story a little bit so it says that you are just covering the princess untill she reaches the falcon.

The story is quite good, but as others said, not too canon... anyway the MOC is really nice, even if the colors seems odd for cloud city :wink:

I completely rebuild my scene, so this is my final entry.

Can anyone change my title to "save passage to freedom".

Thanks.

Very nice scene! :thumbup: I like this one a lot better, good scene composition, nice posing, nice build. I like the dark bluish gray details mixed in with the white!

It'd be nice to have links to previous entry or hide it in the spoiler tags ... I can't remember exactly how it looked, but this one looks great! A lot of details on the buildings - love the vent and the headphones greeble part looks very cool. I know it's hard to represent the air, but I'm not to fond of the black plate there. I'd rather try removing it, so that the air is defined by the background. Or maybe at least lift everything for a few more bricks, since this way it looks like some black swampy water underneath the platform. This is really a very minor detail that bothers me, but overall a very good creation!

Also the colors of the pictures are altered a bit too much. I guess there's hardly any blue in them. But I'd love to see LEGO make that Light blue grayish Twi'lek! Reminds me of Eleena Daru :drool:

I like it. :thumbup: Nicely done with the Cloud City-style arches and platforms, and I love the greebles and other detailing integrated into the spaces in the arches. Story is much more plausible, too. :wub:

I really like the way your speeder comes into the scene, flying at an angle, full of actions.

Love the building, and also speeders, small and neat.

For the black base, perhaps use a dark background, which the bricks can blend in and overall gives a feel of Cloud city at night.

Wow, thats a huge improvement, I like it very much, I dont want to be pessimistic but I think the rebellion will own this battle.