Thanks for answering, Meiko!

So... Flaming Claws is next! It's a pretty nice Speedorz set, and I was surprised they included a new exclusive mould in the build!

14591915517_db6ea98e66.jpg

14798277493_7a328440f8.jpg

14591771848_5b1244465e.jpg

Seems as if we'll have a Fire vs Ice wave 2 with Panthar as a main character... In "The Collector," Eris has post-apocalyptic flash forwards of Mt Cavora falling and a black Panther running away from the wreck... (According to Brickipedia)

Thanks for answering, Meiko!

Oh yeah, there was also Chima footage shared at the panel that apparently isn't going to be in the show so unless LEGO puts it on YouTube we probably won't ever see it.

Oh yeah, there was also Chima footage shared at the panel that apparently isn't going to be in the show so unless LEGO puts it on YouTube we probably won't ever see it.

Could you maybe shre what the footage was about I.e. what it showed?

Could you maybe shre what the footage was about I.e. what it showed?

It was like an introduction to the panel by the Chima characters and stuff. Don't think it will ever influence the story at all. :tongue:

It was like an introduction to the panel by the Chima characters and stuff. Don't think it will ever influence the story at all. :tongue:

Oh, I see... Thanks for clarifying. I was hoping it would be something like deleted scenes or something...

Loads of sets have been reduced at Sainsbury's,including the Vulture Glider, so after weeks of contemplation, I finally picked it up. The two figures are of outstanding quality, and the glider itself is an amazing build, containing some great parts.

Edited by Agent Fusion

Here's a look into the Fire VS. Ice Speedorz set!

14644882819_30b8dec555.jpg

14831175262_484ec208a8.jpg

14828461561_06e0f57c4f.jpg

14808539696_d7f9e9cd23.jpg

14644883329_00d25f0c63.jpg

Overall, this set is okay. While the two minifigures are great (and they're not exclusive, but rather only in 3 or less sets and this is the cheapest set to get them in), the build and game are lackluster. It's your typical knock-over-the-statue Speedorz game. Give or take, not sure if this is the best Chima deal out there for $20.

I have been gone for a while and returned, and there still isn't much news about Legends of Chima. The part about Panthar being the main character does sound kind of exciting though!

Just venting... I wasn't crazy about the switch to fire & ice, but I did like new tribes being released... Only took a good look at the mammoths recently, and was so disappointed by the exposed-bone trunks. Bone?!?! Kinda ruined what were otherwise pretty awesome elephant/mammoth heads (and bigfig!). I like the look of more ice vehicles than fire, but the decaying nature of the ancient tribes weakens the figures' potential IMO. The translucent limbs are neat, but I could've done without the decayed prints.

Just venting... I wasn't crazy about the switch to fire & ice, but I did like new tribes being released... Only took a good look at the mammoths recently, and was so disappointed by the exposed-bone trunks. Bone?!?! Kinda ruined what were otherwise pretty awesome elephant/mammoth heads (and bigfig!). I like the look of more ice vehicles than fire, but the decaying nature of the ancient tribes weakens the figures' potential IMO. The translucent limbs are neat, but I could've done without the decayed prints.

Totally agree with you. I was so excited when the prehistoric tribes were announced and then SO disappointed when the first images appeared. The bone in the trunk is just plain stupid and I also dislike the zombie approach. The only member of the Hunter Tribes I've picked up is Vardy because he has no decay on his head, what's on his torso is covered by his armor and there's just one small spot on his leg. I've swapped his trans blue arm for a regular gray one and also swapped the trans blue armor. I like him much better this way. He doesn't look like a zombie and fits in with the other earlier figures.

On a different note, I picked up the LOC Character Encyclopedia and I'm loving the Firox minifig (the book is nice, too).

Most likely, there won't be any hints on the next new tribes until the end of the season.

I'm pretty sure we will know what they are before then, as we will at best be getting set names AND (again, at best) preliminary pictures before the season ends.

Crossing my fingers that we'll have that information soon.

Edited by Penkid11

I think the next Chima tribe will be lobsters since that is what the new speedorz bikes look like.

:snicker:

Alright, here's the last two Speedorz reviews:

And some pics- these Phoenix figures are so detailed!

14898909573_5bc9544f5f.jpg

14856054976_d1bfb0d40e.jpg

14692514617_466f9d3578.jpg

14898908373_b0a753e15f.jpg

14692405389_c31668869b.jpg

14692364760_6df294f349.jpg

14898912943_e8905a85bb.jpg

Overall, on these two- the Flaming Pit (phoenix one) is great for some of the pieces and the fantastic minifigure (who kinda resembles a chicken, lol), while the Scorching Blades set is alright. I like how it's a cheap way to get the fire outfit of Worriz, and two blades.

Looking forward to hear the 2015 Chima news! Hope the story isn't dragged on...

Edited by just2good

Managed to snag Braptor's Wing Striker and Banana Bash on sale (Seriously, don't buy your Speedorz until Amazon has them for 30%+ off. It's a money saver!)

The Wing Striker has a HORRIBLE price point ($15. Should have been around $10-$12) It's priced by size rather than quality (the part count is fine). Sure the wing clamp system works well, and comes with two very nice minifigs, but the little bat jet, while swooshable, is too open and really has little playability. Not to mention a "handle" (the part of the vehicle where you grip at it and activate it's function) is built for child sized hands. My fat mitts grip can't fit on the back "engine," but what can I say, the set wasn't designed for someone my age.

Banana Bash looked really bland when I first glanced at it. I was surprised to find out that the game is rather fun (unlike 2013's Croc Chomp) and simple (unlike 2013's Nest Dive). You would have thought that with the Spring wave of Speedorz they would have updated the actual Speedor vehicle in some sort of way. No complaints though, as the little bikes were a genius idea at their conception.

Would anyone recommend Spinlyn's Cavern? The titular vilainess is great, and I was thinking I could use her as the mythological Arachne, since the Battle Goddess is coming out soon, and we already have the other cursed victim, Medusa. The only problem is that I haven't seen it anywhere. Fire vs. Ice has taken up shelf space, and little of the "Spiders, Bats, and Scorpions" wave remains. It's still on the S@H, I guess I have to go to Walmart. Is it worth it?

Would anyone recommend Spinlyn's Cavern?... Is it worth it?

I finally broke down and bought the set last month. Spinlyn is an awesome figure and I do like the rhino bike but the rest of the set is nothing special IMO (and I already had the other two minifigs). Nice parts in nice colors though. I guess it depends on how much you're willing to pay for Spinlyn and if you can find the set on sale (or just buy Spinlyn on BrickLink).

I thought I'd mention here that if you don't want to (or can't) get the Frax Polybag, Frax is also available as the bonus minifigure in this activity book coming out in October. Furthermore, this version of Frax has the same ornate armor piece as Fluminox in 70146 rather than the generic 2013 armor he has in the polybag (which is much more common).

Seems as if we'll have a Fire vs Ice wave 2 with Panthar as a main character... In "The Collector," Eris has post-apocalyptic flash forwards of Mt Cavora falling and a black Panther running away from the wreck... (According to Brickipedia)

I'm going to try to not spoil anything, but we technically already have a minifigure of Panthar. Just not in the way you think...

Still, it would be nice to have Panthar as the Minifigure you mentioned.

I'm going to try to not spoil anything, but we technically already have a minifigure of Panthar. Just not in the way you think...

Still, it would be nice to have Panthar as the Minifigure you mentioned.

Hrm... Something's to do with a new episode I see... So is Panthar a "spirit" inside a current character? Or some other hallucination of Eris... So many questions! (Also, I don't mind spoilers, so feel free to PM me with details if you know anything...

Hrm... Something's to do with a new episode I see... So is Panthar a "spirit" inside a current character? Or some other hallucination of Eris... So many questions! (Also, I don't mind spoilers, so feel free to PM me with details if you know anything...

Tormak is Panthar. More info on Brickipedia.